Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sainte Foy 2010/11

Poster: A snowHead
what's the cover like on the mountain? going out april 9th for a week. Not fussed about the lower third of the mountain being shut...just hope there'll be some good cover higher up. Fingers crossed I'll get some snow like last april Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Everything is open bar the green-run at the moment, cover is still pretty decent. All depends on the weather between now and then really!

I don't see any chance of the runs off the Arpettaz and Aiguille having any issues anytime soon, but the bottom of the Marquise was getting a little bit patchy before the heavy snow over the last few days. Hopefully it's improved now! I didn't go over that way today, was doing runs off the top lift.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really good day today - fresh snow and blue skies!

Went up and did the Petit Col, then hiked up further and laid-down the first track on the Cross. A work of art, even if I do say so myself.... wink

Looking down the Petit Col:

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are out for the last 2 weeks of the season, do we bring the mountain bikes?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steve that photo looks stunning.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fogliettaz, that's 3 weeks away yet, who knows? Plenty snow at the moment.

We've actually taken a booking from a couple of people who are interested in doing a 2 days skiing / 2 days MTB / 2 days walking type of trip during the final week of the season, so we're looking at running some bike uplifts/guiding about that time. Even if the skiing is still great, there should also be some good mountain-biking to be done lower down the valley.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stevomcd, I need to find the trail from La Thuile to Villaroger missed it last summer and came out by the youth hostel place on the hairpin below La Thuile.

In the last 8 years, I have never been disappointed by the snow conditions above the first lift in April + it always snows then as well.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stevomcd,

Found Sainte Foy for the first time on Friday - had a great ski, shame we couldnt see the wonderful views. Lovely peaceful area - will certainly come back
Went to Tignes on Sat to get high, and went back again on Sun when the sun came out.
Looking forward to seeing Sainte Foy in beatiful sunshine some time Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fogliettaz, if you go along the back lane through La Thuile, then carry on down the tarmac path with the "rollers" on it to the T-junction, you need to go left (almost back on yourself) and follow that all the way down to the bridge over the river. Immediately over the bridge, turn right (wide and muddy at first, over concrete slab things) and you're on the trail to Villaroger. To be honest, it's not very interesting, but it leads onto a fun trail from Villaroger down to Viclaire.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Today we went to St Foy for a change. Started off by a quick trip up each of the four chair lifts and back down a few pistes that make up the main area in this small resort. There is some quite good off piste from the top of the highest lift back into the station, but right now most of the south facing slopes are re-frozen crud in the morning and very soft and unstable in the afternoon.

The main piste to the central lifts were firm, hard and compacted in the morning and very soft in the afternoon, but still ok to ski. The far left piste was very worn with many bare patches and closed in the afternoon. Following our quick blast round the pistes we went over the back from the top lift and down to Monal Village off piste for a little trip.

This is a very beautiful valley with glaciers high above. After a careful ride down we reached the village and then had a little expedition to get back to the resort, with some very icy parts of the track and other bare stretches that we had to walk. Despite the difficulties we had a pleasant picnic under a blue sky and all felt the trip was worth the effort, but maybe not to be repeated again until there is more snow. When we returned to the resort we had another quick blast around the pistes before heading home.

If you are staying in Les Arcs and fancy visiting somewhere else for a day, when it has better snow this Station makes a pleasant change, but right now Espace Killy or Val Thorens might be better options.

I will post the photos of todays trip shortly. Enjoy! Back in Les Arcs tomorrow for another update.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

then had a little expedition to get back to the resort, with some very icy parts of the track and other bare stretches that we had to walk.

It's been like that pretty much all season this year! Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
[quote="snowcrazy"]The far left piste was very worn with many bare patches and closed in the afternoon. quote]

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

closed in the afternoon

Avalanche risk. Everything's falling down at the moment.

Grand Soliet is definitely in poor condition at the bottom though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BiG_tYrOnE, Yes, seriously. I always say what I see, whether bad or good in my opinion at least. As stevomcd, says, there were lots of slides around, but that piste was also in really bad condition. They were moving snow around trying to get it back up to a skiable level. Hope they have it ready for the coming weekend holiday period.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ouch, we're not heading out until the 9th....thinking of calling it off though if the snow is going to be complete toilet
snow conditions
Update....

Marquise is now closed, probably for the rest of the season, short of a miracle. Grand Soliet has too many bare patches at the bottom. Otherwise, the rest of the resort is still offering top-to-bottom, full-width skiing. Very mild today, slushy all the way to the top. Unless it's going to snow properly, we need clear weather rather than cloudy so that we get a decent overnight freeze.

Rode just about all the open runs today:

Aiguille: Still good skiing all the way down
Cret Serru du Bas: Full-width, but pretty thin. Won't last long as it is.
Plan des Veaux: Still pretty decent.
Arpettaz: Still pretty decent.
Combes: Still pretty decent.
Creux de Formeian: One thin patch on a steep pitch, otherwise still pretty decent.

You can still ski back to the bottom no problem, via either the red (Savonettes) or the blue (Charmettes).
latest report
Update:

Everything skier's right of the Arpettaz is now closed. Red and Green to the bottom are closed, Blue still open.

Aiguille, Arpettaz, Creux de Formeian & Combes still offering decent skiing/snowboarding.

Nursery slopes at the bottom are now barely usable.

Not confirmed, but it looks probable that the resort is going to close on the 17th.
snow report
Confirmation today, resort is going to close on Friday 15th.
latest report
Oh dear! still theres always Le Fornet! and I am bringing the bike out on Sunday.
ski holidays
Oh dear! still theres always Le Fornet! and I am bringing the bike out on Sunday to keep me amused.
ski holidays
stevomcd, early start to the riding season then? wink Hopefully sorting out another trip during August this time, hand pending snowHead
ski holidays
Sharkymark, aye, been out on the bike already! Look forward to it, hope your wrist gets sorted!

Latest update is that the resort will close for the season on Monday 11th. Sad

For anyone coming out, a free bus to Val d'Isere will be available.
snow conditions
Just back from Ste Foy yesterday hats off to the resort for keeping things going after the driest winter in living memory but was a losing battle in the heatwave conditions last week , non the less Val will still be in good shape for the coming cooler two weeks for those willing to get the free bus .

Thanks Stevo for the updates this season here's looking forward to next .
snow report
Thanks stevo for updates, I have looked with interest at your posts. Went to saint foy 3 times this season. Had a couple of great days. Here is hoping next year will be better.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy