Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania, Three Valleys 2010 / 2011

Poster: A snowHead
micky wrote:
Another 5 days till I get there, please don't carve it up too much Wink

Trust the cannons and the pisteurs, they've been doing an amazing job all season.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
True.. this is the first season I have really apprecaited the vast snow cannon system that Courchevel has got, they have done a fantastic job. Fingers crossed for some more snow next week end, its forecast but I'm not sure how much I trust it..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
24/2/11

Good couple of inches fell this morning.. actually went off piste this afternoon and found some powder to play in. More snow forecast for Saturday night /Sunday morning.. Snow chains a must if travel this Sunday. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
27/2/11

micky, Welcome to La Tania..you lucky person, you have just woken up to the first powder day this year Madeye-Smiley . Lots of lovely snow fallen over night and its still going. Off piste should be possible today but be careful as the avalanche risk will be fairly high.. Enjoy!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyone got any news on how it's looking at the mo??

Oh and seeing as I've never been there, can anyone tell me how many chair lifts are there?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have a look at the Three Valleys thread I've been posting all week, really need more snow but lots of runs still good to OK some very scrapey now and today saw quite a bit of blue ice for the first time.

Chair lifts wise you won;t get bored of La Tania or the 3V
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
back from Courchevel today. Conditions surpisingly good given the heat. Close to 20c in the sun ( according to a thermometer at 1850) Higher runs - saulire, combes pylones, suisses and M all ok though. Marmottes closed lower down as was Mur. Park City still ok. Chanrossa closed and didnt do Jean Pachod. Chapelets reportedly in good condition on Friday. Runs above 1850 like Loze, chenus and jantzen all still good.

Got down to La Tania on Thurs and Folyeres was still nice. Brigues run into Le Praz was getting icy on the sheltered lower section but still good higher up. Jean Blanc was fine apart from one narrow icy section. 1650 all ok too but slush down at the piste front.

We had pure blue skies all week and even a t-shirt and shell was too warm. Piste workers doing an amazing job considering it has snowed twice this year!!

Quote:

Oh and seeing as I've never been there, can anyone tell me how many chair lifts are there?

Have a look at a piste map - see s3v.com. I think there are 60 or so lifts in the Courchevel valley alone - lots!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Brilliant thanks guys wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
13 /3 /11

The pistes are still holding up well.. Courchevel especially as it keeps out of the sunshine, even the run down to La Praz (the lowest of the Courchevel villages) is pretty good.

Cloudy skies today, a little to warm in resort for it to snow so fingers crossed the temp. will go down tonight.

Off to the Little World Festival this afternoon, free gig at the Rond point with The Feeling, Squeeze and many more.. never a dull moment in resort..
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've decided to go for La Tania yaaaaaay, so thanks for the report Snowretreat wink

Have you got any bars in La Tania you can recommend as well??
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
olliebonk, Pub Le Ski Lodge is pretty lively, with an apres ski Happy Hour, live music, food etc., and right at the bottom of the homebound piste - almost ski onto the terrace Very Happy You can sit outside if you prefer, and on a late season early evening, what could be better Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sounds good, many thanks Anniepen wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
olliebonk, Also try the Chrome Bar - outside Apres on Monday afternoon.. both bars have great live music... The Taiga bar (on the main road near the bus stop) is good for a relaxed drink when its not band night.

17/3/11

Sleet /rain in resort today but as soon as you get up the La Tania lift it turns in to snow.. skied to 1650 and back today, found some good pockets of powder in 1650.. hard work on the legs as its a bit heavy but still good fun.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Powder is light and fluffy, I doubt it was powder you were skiing today! The only snow I found approaching powder was just below the top of Saulire.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh cool, we all love bands, thanks Snowretreat Smile
snow report
21/03/11

A real mix of conditions at the moment. There was snow higher up Saturday night making for some good piste skiing but temperatures are now pretty high making it slushy down to resort.. put my ski's away and got the board out, much more fun in these conditions..
snow conditions
Awww I got excited about the snow falling yesterday!!! Crying or Very sad

SnowRetreat, do you know how much the lift passes out there will be come the 9th April?? I keep finding different prices Puzzled
latest report
olliebonk, 9th April? We will be there too! I will have my two young children with me. Look out for a white/red clad man with two small boys jumping off everything they can find.

Hope the snow lasts.....
ski holidays
what are the conditions like currently? heading over this saturday - first trip to the three valleys - fingers crossed conditions are ok.
latest report
Afternoon slush and getting thinner lower down (although blue run down completely skiable). First thing nice and firm and smoooth and groomed and fast etc etc. Still excellent piste skiing high up - see video report from yesterday:

http://youtube.com/v/s85I144D40E?hd=1
ski holidays
olliebonk, AndrewBailey, 9th April? We will be there too! Look out for me on the slopes with my son, and my wife in the bar with a vin chaud.
ski holidays
Ha ha we should have a mini Snowheads meet wink Very Happy
ski holidays
smithski, olliebonk, We are in some big apartment block at the bottom of the slopes (La Christiana I think). Driving down from London on Friday evening, o/night somewhere in the top 1/3 of France (south of Riems I think), and then trying to get the boys out to ski every day (I hope).

Given I am with my eight and five year old sons I don't think I will be able to get out to a bar to meet up but could always break open a bottle of wine in the apartment. PM me contact details if you want a mini-meet.
snow conditions
hi all, i do a video snow report for courchevel and la tania, feel free to check them out, hopefully they will give you an idea of the snow conditions at the moment.
Rob (any feedback welcome!)

http://www.snoveo.com/resorts/la-tania/249/

http://www.snoveo.com/resorts/couchevel/108/
latest report
Rob C thanks for the link. Found a bargain on Iglu for the 9th, but still a bit nervous to commit because of the conditions. Sad Maybe I'll see if it does snow this week as promised. Fingers crossed!
latest report
Fresh Snow above 1800m this morning (i.e. at the top of the La Tania gondola) Madeye-Smiley

Lift pass prices reduce from the 16th April.. S3V runs the lifts in the Courchevel area, this is their website http://www.s3v.com/winter/.

ktk, Lots of deals out there.. have a look at www.latania.co.uk for the independent chalet operators too (at the moment they can be as cheap as self catering if you add the food on).

smithski, if your wife likes Vin Chaud, she should try the Pomme chaud in the Chrome bar.. its hot traditional apple juice with a pear spirit in, mmmm.

olliebonk, AndrewBailey, smithski, Wednesday 13th April is Charity day in La Tania, live bands playing all day, every one in fancy dress, floats coming down the nursery slope (be careful to keep small kids out the way of them) and much much more.. see you there..

SR
latest report
AndrewBailey wrote:
smithski, olliebonk, We are in some big apartment block at the bottom of the slopes (La Christiana I think). Driving down from London on Friday evening, o/night somewhere in the top 1/3 of France (south of Riems I think), and then trying to get the boys out to ski every day (I hope).

Given I am with my eight and five year old sons I don't think I will be able to get out to a bar to meet up but could always break open a bottle of wine in the apartment. PM me contact details if you want a mini-meet.
We're going to be in a Directski chalet - Sapphire, not sure if that's near you though, but yeah could be cool wink
ski holidays
Rob c wrote:
hi all, i do a video snow report for courchevel and la tania, feel free to check them out, hopefully they will give you an idea of the snow conditions at the moment.
Rob (any feedback welcome!)

http://www.snoveo.com/resorts/la-tania/249/

http://www.snoveo.com/resorts/couchevel/108/
Wow that's brilliant Rob, good work!!! Am still praying to the god of snow here snowHead snowHead snowHead

Cheers SR, that sounds good........as long as the bands are good wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AndrewBailey wrote:
PM me contact details if you want a mini-meet.
Ahh I can't send a PM cos I'm down a crevasse still............DOH!!!!!!!!!
snow report
Latest La Tania Video Snow Report from yesterday - riding with the grooming machine drivers

http://youtube.com/v/bz9DihhDjOM
snow report
Oh wow that looks fun!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy