Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Power Balance Bands

Poster: A snowHead
anarchicsaltire wrote:
Richard_Sideways wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
yeah, footbeds are a load of bollix, you're better off just putting a 50 quid note in your shoes. rolling eyes
What do you think dumbassess??

With the added benefit that £50 notes have holograms on them!

Evidence at last, whenever I hand over £50 I feel my balance is reduced Madeye-Smiley

Richard_Sideways, anarchicsaltire, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From their website:

Quote:

UPDATE 26 OCTOBER 2010 – PLEASE BE AWARE THAT FOLLOWING WEBSITES ARE COUNTERFEIT. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM AS THE PRODUCTS DO NOT WORK

As opposed to...

Having watched one of the promotional videos, I am convinced that this is a very special product indeed... Laughing

It would be quite easy to double blind test this product with a dummy hologram product. I like the way that their diagram of how to test the powerband shows what the result of said test should be in case you are in any doubt.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Love Power Balance web site esp the
Quote:

THAT FOLLOWING WEBSITES ARE COUNTERFEIT

Followed by lots of intresting info.

Intresting that they then quote the material is Maylar, what they dont say is " sorry Dupont for taking your reg. brand name for plastic film", but hear at Power Bandaids we think plastic film is a bit special.

Maybe we should all just wrap and old cassette tape around our body and really go for Power Ballards instead
wink wink Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

It would be quite easy to double blind test this product with a dummy hologram product

http://youtube.com/v/yd0Gb9EgkHA from about 2:35
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HellBent wrote:
eclectic wrote:
Quote:
Power Balance® is a performance technology that uses holograms embedded with frequencies that react positively with your body's natural energy field. .

Quote:

How Does the Hologram Work?

Power Balance® is based on the idea of optimizing the body’s natural energy flow, similar to concepts behind many Eastern philosophies. The hologram is designed to respond to the natural energy field of the body. The Mylar material at the core has been treated with energy waves at specific frequencies. The resulting Mylar is believed to work with your body’s natural energy flow to help enable you to perform at the best of your ability.

really?!

Hahaha hippies.

They obviously can't work - they don't incorporate the two other necessary ingredients - magic crystals and pyramids wink

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 25-10-10 20:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Alastair Pink, you forgot eye of newt, really hard to get hold of enough protected species parts nowadays.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair Pink, Sorry but mylar IS actually a crystallised polymer, so magic crystals? CHECK! i'm beginning to feel the power...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle wrote:
IncogSkiSno, Mr & Mrs scootsman1 came by the snowHeads stand after having bought some, so they must have been convinced.

Or bamboozled by the rather attractive blond selling them. Tom from Action-Outdoors was very taken with her! I think he spent more time on her stand chatting her up than he did working on his own!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Or bamboozled by the rather attractive blond selling them

Sounds reasonable Toofy Grin, far more reasonable than the bands !
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tsssk, such scepticism. These bands can promote a great sense of wellbeing, if you're selling them that is.

Actually, they only work properly if you say the mantra

OOOOHH Waaa.

Taaaaa Naaaa

SIAM
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I never understand how these companies legally get away with selling this sort of thing.
I do notice though when looking at their website that they deploy the frequently used tactic of having quotes from their customers to make the claims of improvements in performance rather than making them themselves.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have you all utterly lost the plot? IncogSkiSno, you should be ashamed of yourself - get a grip. Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great read. i actually bought one the other day. i did alot of research before i bought it. It actually works which is funny, i never fall for these things. also make sure u get it from a real seller not a fake china one. they are so perfectly made its so hard to tell. but i found a website that shows a video on how to spot them. take a look just thought id share it so u stay safe.

http://powerbalancebands.wordpress.com/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
teamcrunk, class Very Happy Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have tried these bands and can definitely say that they are a QUANTUM LEAP as far as improved balance is concerned - i.e. the difference in balance ability from not wearing one to wearing one is at an atomic scale* Laughing

*i.e. very very very very small indeed; almost infinitesimal in fact

Carrying a tin of pork products in my rucksack does wonders for my balance.
snow conditions
Got to love how on their Australian site they have now been forced to post the following

"In our advertising we stated that Power Balance wristbands improved your strength, balance and flexibility.

We admit that there is no credible scientific evidence that supports our claims and therefore we engaged in misleading conduct in breach of s52 of the Trade Practices Act 1974.

If you feel you have been misled by our promotions, we wish to unreservedly apologise and offer a full refund."

http://www.powerbalance.com/australia/ca

Doesn't stop them still selling them though on the same site rolling eyes and those same claims of strength, balance and flexibility are still made in the testimonials http://www.powerbalance.com/australia/teemu-selanne-testimonial

In Americas a class action suit has been filed against them

http://www.huliq.com/10178/shaq-and-lamar-odom-sued-over-bogus-power-balance-bracelet-ads

In Spain, where the Department of Health estimated Power Balance sold 300,000 bracelets in the country worth approximately $13 million, they fined the company about $20,000. Italian authorities fined Power Balance approximately $463,000 for deceptive marketing. The company's Italian distributor was also fined about $66,000.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/40842683/CNBC_s_Sports_Product_Of_The_Year_Power_Balance
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy