Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Power Balance Bands

Poster: A snowHead
Did anyone else see these at the ski show and volunteer for a demo? I was impressed by the demo and wondered what others thoughts were before splashing out on one? It seems they are endorsed by quite a few sports stars.

http://www.powerbalanceuk.com/?gclid=CMODm4Cy7aQCFYVA4wodkFUF1w
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IncogSkiSno, Mr & Mrs scootsman1 came by the snowHeads stand after having bought some, so they must have been convinced.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You mean people bought this snake oil? Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
These blow my mind. I imagine for anyone with low self confidence they are great. Otherwise just believe in yourself more and it will have the same effect.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Puzzled

Holograms?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
Power Balance® is a performance technology that uses holograms embedded with frequencies that react positively with your body's natural energy field. .

Quote:

How Does the Hologram Work?

Power Balance® is based on the idea of optimizing the body’s natural energy flow, similar to concepts behind many Eastern philosophies. The hologram is designed to respond to the natural energy field of the body. The Mylar material at the core has been treated with energy waves at specific frequencies. The resulting Mylar is believed to work with your body’s natural energy flow to help enable you to perform at the best of your ability.

really?!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
eclectic wrote:
Quote:
Power Balance® is a performance technology that uses holograms embedded with frequencies that react positively with your body's natural energy field. .

Quote:

Power Balance® is based on the idea of optimizing the body’s natural energy flow, similar to concepts behind many Eastern philosophies. The hologram is designed to respond to the natural energy field of the body. The Mylar material at the core has been treated with energy waves at specific frequencies. The resulting Mylar is believed to work with your body’s natural energy flow to help enable you to perform at the best of your ability.

really?!

Hahaha hippies.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tried it, and it was freaky. Don't trust that type of thing nowhere near enough to shell out £30 though! Probably a trick somewhere along the line...I'd rather do the hard work and build up my core strength and balance.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
HellBent wrote:
eclectic wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

really?!

Hahaha hippies.

Ah, but New Wave Hippies at £29.99!

They do a magic amulet of gullibility too rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
surely one on each wrist is the way to go?? Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Unadulterated dangly bits.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Got one last year in Schladming or Haus on press dinner or something. They are great... you can walk straight and without problems once you drink 6 or 7 beers.... or maybe it's just that Austrian beer is not all that good Laughing Too bad I lost it somewhere next day already, so I can't tell if it helps on skis and in sober condition too Laughing
But seriously... does anyone really believe "holograms embedded with frequencies" can help your balance?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wow just found out for £60 you can get stick on ones to go on your skis or helmet. Or do you think I should wait for the snowHead stickers, I've been told that these could make me a ski god and can sometimes shrink the cost of a round of beer in a French bar Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
wow you can also get a 10 pack to stick anywhere you want, maybe on your skis, what would happen if you only put one on one ski Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It does all sound totally unbelievable and I am a huge sceptic when it comes to these things. However, the test did have me thinking as it did work on both myself and my friend - the question is how it worked ? . . . Is it the placebo effect and believing in it (though at that time I wasn't believing in it working), trickery or for real?

primoz, Laughing
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, What would happen if they did the initial test the other way round, ie wearing it first so your body didn't learn a response Madeye-Smiley

If they worked that well I'm sure Ann Summers would be selling them Little Angel
ski holidays
Seriously - £30 for a bit of rubber and tin foil? Athletes endorse them because they are paid to.
latest report
They might have an effect if the band applies pressure to a certain point on the wrist that releases endorphins. Similar things called seabands have a plastic button which is supposed to do this and alleviate seasickness. I've seen some odd results from folks that try them and some shipboard doctors even carry them. Myself? Well I remain healthily sceptical with my pounds remaining in my pocket LOL
snow report
They are absolute bollox, the only upshot is if you see someone wearing one, steer clear, or fleece them, they are total cocks.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

they are total cocks
That too is total bollox, scootsman1 is a very nice man. Toofy Grin I hope he comes on here to defend his purchase. wink
snow report
Hurtle, you can't defend this purchase, it's bollox. he's clearly gone wrong.
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno, I've never seen them before but they do sound very like Megamum, 's ''Sea-Bands" , which themselves are based upon the idea of using 'pressure points' to address sea-sickness. The pressure points are about 2" up your inner arm from the wrist (allegedly) thereby affecting your 'balance'. I used to wear a strap for this reason but never worked for me and I am now told it is actually clinically BS.

Not sure where you wear them but if the "Magic Holograms'' create pressure around that point then looks like the same idea.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, don't get me wrong - I wouldn't have bought one! Shocked
latest report
the test they do is simple voodoo, we used to do it with footbeds, it worked everytime, it's a matter of mind control.
If they were to show you the test first with, then without, you would fail and not buy the shite,
snow report
Megamum, Agenterre,

No, they're even more magical than the 'sea bands'
Quote:
Does It Have To Be Touching My Skin? No, it just has to be within a few inches of your body
Toofy Grin

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 25-10-10 13:43; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Agenterre, Megamum, an FAQ on their website:
Quote:
Does It Have To Be Touching My Skin?

No, it just has to be within a few inches of your body.
snow conditions
anarchicsaltire, snap.
ski holidays
snap Cool
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
better start, paper, rock.....
snow report
anarchicsaltire, Laughing Laughing Laughing

At least I know how to use the quote function properly! Laughing
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
the test they do is simple voodoo, we used to do it with footbeds, it worked everytime, it's a matter of mind control.

FINALLY!

i'm off to get me boots online Laughing
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
If they were to show you the test first with, then without, you would fail and not buy the shite,

So, footbeds a are a load of boll@cks too?
ski holidays
anarchicsaltire, Hurtle, .... mmhhhh ... truly magical. I just saw the wrist bands , saw the 'studs' and thought "New Event. Same Horse, Different Jockey"
snow report
Oh love it - there is a notice on their site warning people of FAKES WHICH DO NOT WORK! What a cracking get-out-of-jail-free card!
snow report
yeah, footbeds are a load of bollix, you're better off just putting a 50 quid note in your shoes. rolling eyes
What do you think dumbassess??
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
yeah, footbeds are a load of bollix, you're better off just putting a 50 quid note in your shoes. rolling eyes

With the added benefit that £50 notes have holograms on them!
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

With the added benefit that £50 notes have holograms on them!

Evidence at last, whenever I hand over £50 I feel my balance is reduced Madeye-Smiley
snow report
anarchicsaltire, Laughing - GeePee watch out! Wink
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

as a new strategy for bridgng the big divide, I like it Laughing Laughing

surely 5 tenners would be better than a fiddy note?
snow report
barry, Five Fivers under each foot work best.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy