Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New classic style/retro Ski Poster

Poster: A snowHead
That looks good value to me especially when you factor in the savings on accommodation. So £120 return on a non refundable ticket, this would presumably be in a standard class berth with 2 to a cabin.

Hopefully more of the resident Scots will give us some hints on good places to stay and transport options.

I'm on for this, assuming we can get a group together.

When would be a good time to go? Late Feb/early March?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spud9, yes, I thought that price was quite good - I was expecting worse! And yes, 2 berths to a cabin. I'm definitely on for it. I'd have thought March would be a good time but, as you say, perhaps our resident Scots can advise Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cathy, I'd probaby opt for the reclining seat as I'd be getting a real bed on the saturday night, now depends on dates (and snow)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx, I did think the recliner seat was very good value but I'd go for the sleeper berth to get my zzzzz snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy, Oh, I can get plenty of zzzz in a recliner - sleep anywhere, me
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll start a proper thread to see if we can get dates etc organised. I'm excited about this already!! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markymark29 wrote:
Good poster, like above slightly reminiscent of Cham, Arlberg, Davos etc..............they've all got them................. but a poster is never going to attract new punters unless they do something re access. IMO unless you live central belt of Scotland you aint got a scooby of getting up there for the day (even then its hassle), and if you're going for a couple of days why would you gamble of staying in a local hotel watching Ptarmigans and golfers on the green-fields (because you couldnt cancel your hotel when theres no snow), surely its better to get a few buddies together and hit the Alps, even from North Yorkshire it a more realistic option. For those Darn-sarf they would be hardly likely to go 500 miles north to stand in line for what seems like hours watching the queues dwindle down when they can be in the Alps would they?? Confused

Maybe I'm being unfair, but the though of going to Scotland skiing (again) never crosses my mind, am I alone here?

I'm with you - it would take me 10 hours+ travelling, cost me twice the fare (train vs. plane), to pay a not dissimilar lift pass price to ski on a small mountain with no infrastructure and a dubious snow record.....

I can hear the wails of anguish from Scots everywhere to know that I won't be gracing theirs slopes this coming year......
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It has never appealed to me either for the reasons given by The Voice of Reason. But then given that I've never been skiing there (it's a lovely place in the summer) I can't knock it.

But it would take more than a retro poster to get me there. In fact my opinion of the place as a ski resort is that it is old fashioned. Rope tow, tweeds, leather boots, wire bindings and a retro poster actually reinforces my image (whether it is true or not).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Voice of Reason, perfectly valid arguments, and ones I've used many times myself. But... why not? It'll be fun, a bit of an adventure. I'll go with an open mind and try out Scottish skiing. . If the conditions are crap then at least I can say I've tried, and resolve never to venture north of Hadrian's wall again. On the other hand the conditions might be great.

The train journey should be fun, or at least memorable, as well.

I went on the Inside Out September trip to Tignes with a similar mindset, and that paid off. snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spud9, And often it's the company that makes an event snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spud9 wrote:
The Voice of Reason, perfectly valid arguments, and ones I've used many times myself. But... why not? It'll be fun, a bit of an adventure. I'll go with an open mind and try out Scottish skiing. . If the conditions are crap then at least I can say I've tried, and resolve never to venture north of Hadrian's wall again. On the other hand the conditions might be great.

I went on the Inside Out September trip to Tignes with a similar mindset, and that paid off. snowHead snowHead

that's the view I'm taking. Anyway as i can get a bus from outside work to Euston then get on the train and no more to do till you get there it doesn't feel like a trash about. I am of course a veteran of the Eurostar overnighter for a day trip to Les Arcs - very similar set up really.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spud9 wrote:
It'll be fun, a bit of an adventure. I'll go with an open mind and try out Scottish skiing. . If the conditions are crap then at least I can say I've tried, and resolve never to venture north of Hadrian's wall again. On the other hand the conditions might be great.

I could have written that myself!! Except I wouldn't have said it so well wink Toofy Grin

Euston is a 2 minute, OK 3 minute Toofy Grin , walk from work for me. No effort at all and what better way to spend a weekend snowHead We'd have fun whatever Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Goodness,I take the kids for some training at the dry slope (and a first tentative ski for me since having an operation 2 weeks ago) and look what happens to the thread!

Great to see actually!

Am rather tired right now so I'll put together some rambling thoughts later ... love it though Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
roga, Laughing there's no flies on us! wink I've started a thread here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=68286 - any advice or comments would be very gratefully received! snowHead

PS - hope your skiing was OK
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cathy wrote:
roga, Laughing there's no flies on us! wink I've started a thread here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=68286 - any advice or comments would be very gratefully received! snowHead

Too right, am well impressed Very Happy Have posted over on your new thread - hope it helps.
Quote:
PS - hope your skiing was OK

Pretty good actually thanks, because I instruct there I don't have to pay and can just hang around and ski when I like so that's basically what I did all day - the kids had a great time too Very Happy It was nothing too strenuous, still a bit stiff/sore in the area of the operation but it was keyhole and nothing major, and I think the exercise was beneficial if anything - I'd be telling a different story though if I'd come a cropper on the Dendex Laughing
snow conditions
And my poster has now been proudly framed together with the Cairngorm piste map & lift pass Little Angel Little Angel A great reminder of a fab weekend Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
cathy, snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
roga, turned out to be quite an expensive poster in the end wink
snow report
^ so it did lol but hopefully well worth it snowHead
snow report
Hi - I know its an old post but I'm desperate to get my hands on one of these - I copied a wee image that I found online but as its only 190 x 269 pixels Photobox refuse to print it at A4 as it will be blurry. Can anyone help please - photocopy? scan? much appreciated. Di, Newtonmore
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy