Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geordies' fury over advert which brands them too poor to go on skiing holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Bloody Northerners! And as for the Welsh!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
v1cky24 wrote:
I was in London this weekend and caught a glimpse of that advert when I was leaving the tube.

Shocked

If a geordie can't afford to go skiing what hope does a smoggie have? Laughing

Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good morning,

I have forwarded your email to our Marketing Director who will respond to you when he returns to the office tomorrow. Kind regards

xxxxxxxxxSales ManagerDirectski.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jerry wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IT may be relevant to point out that Yad Moss lies somewhere between Durham and Cumbria and Westmoorland and could be regarded as the Geordies back yard.

May be after all the Geordies don't need to have a skiing holiday each year if they can head for the Teesdale every weekend when there is snow. How much they can get out of it is another matter.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
saikee, Weardale ski club is even closer to Durham and was so popular last winter, it closed it's membership list.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jerry wrote:

.. Nursy said take some more medication and go back and lie down for a few more months wink

ps .. What's it like to be stuck between the two and not know whether your parentage is mining or ship-building? Toofy Grin Edit -- of course I assume you do claim to be a Northerner still?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Smokin Joe wrote:
Good morning,

I have forwarded your email to our Marketing Director who will respond to you when he returns to the office tomorrow. Kind regards

xxxxxxxxxSales ManagerDirectski.com

Still no response from the marketing director. Although I did ask when I could expect his xxxxx company to start flying from newcastle ?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Agenterre wrote:
Jerry wrote:

ps .. What's it like to be stuck between the two and not know whether your parentage is mining or ship-building? Toofy Grin Edit -- of course I assume you do claim to be a Northerner still?
I beg your pardon ?!
For your information I believe it's mining, although I have been accused of being full of Ship. At least I think that's what they said.
ps, I'm just a cosmopolitan Northerner Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Those of us from the other side of the pond having trouble understanding who exactly a Geordie is...The guy who owned the apartment below us in Bourg St. Maurice was from Manchester...does that count?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MEfree30 wrote:
Those of us from the other side of the pond having trouble understanding who exactly a Geordie is...The guy who owned the apartment below us in Bourg St. Maurice was from Manchester...does that count?

Absolutely not! Laughing
One of the many differences between the UK and the US is the many different regional accents. OK in the US you have differences between the standard American accent and the Southern one, but over here there are so many eg Cockney,Brummie, Scouse, West Country, Yorkshire, Geordie etc (and that's just England!). What's more you can move say just 50 miles and the accent is noticeably different. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Reminds me of the great gag from Auf Wiedersehen, Pet (basically the same gag appears in both the Spanish and Middlesbrough/Arizona series)

"I always thought we were working class but now I've seen Newcastle (or smoggie-land), I realise we're middle class....." Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alastair Pink wrote:
MEfree30 wrote:

Absolutely not! Laughing
One of the many differences between the UK and the US is the many different regional accents. OK in the US you have differences between the standard American accent and the Southern one, but over here there are so many eg Cockney,Brummie, Scouse, West Country, Yorkshire, Geordie etc (and that's just England!). What's more you can move say just 50 miles and the accent is noticeably different. Madeye-Smiley

It might not be noticeable to you guys because you all talk funny, but it is the same in CERTAIN PARTS of the US. I know you mentioned the south, but there are many different accents in the NE with Boston being very different than Long Island or other parts of New York. We may have had more people move around, so this has mellowed it in some areas, but rural Texas will probably speak differently than Georgia or other parts of the South.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MEfree30, I know there are a few more US regional accents than I mentioned wink (over the years I have visited about 40 of the lower 48 ). However I was just trying to emphasise the many vastly different accents in the UK, and how they can change drastically just by moving a few miles. If you move 50 miles in Texas you could still be on the same property. Madeye-Smiley
I didn't mention Scots in my previous post - I think if you met someone speaking broad Glaswegian you'd probably need a translator! wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The accent is totally different less than 20 miles from us - beautiful Stoke on Trent
snow conditions
When I first moved south to Sunderland (about 15 miles?) outsiders may have mistaken me for a Makum, but the locals could tell. Mind you, the black and white scarf was probably a bit of a give away.
snow conditions
JulesB, You could have been dressed in red and white all over with a black cat on your head and your accent would still have been a giveaway
snow conditions
JulesB, Laughing Definitely a difference there..

My southern friends used to refer to me as a Geordie..I guess it can sound similar to others from outside the region. I am a smoggie and proud. Lol
snow report
I've never head of "smoggie"

edit quick google; got it
snow conditions
It get's confusing when you're a Sand-dancer, and come somewhere in the middle. Not me BTW, I don't know what I am. Mackems think I'm a Geordie, and Geordies think I'm a Mackem, and I don't suppose I'm really either, being born in Consett.

Anyhoo support the TOON, so I guess that makes is a Geordie.
ski holidays
Hells Bells, That made me look at the Sand Dancer's website - "As one of South Shields most scenic beach bars we offer a wide range of specially selected drinks to cater for every pallet" Laughing
snow report
I've a friend who's a sand-dancer and has a proper hooray double-barelled name (our affectionate nickname for her is still "nae knickers" though Laughing Laughing )
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
Hells Bells, That made me look at the Sand Dancer's website - "As one of South Shields most scenic beach bars we offer a wide range of specially selected drinks to cater for every pallet" Laughing
Laughing Laughing
snow report
I was promised a response to my email by Tuesday this week. It hasnt arrived.................he must have been sacked ! Anyway, I'm off to cash my giro................
snow conditions
Is it in their T&C's that you must have branches on your family tree to book with them? That would rule out all of the North East, not just Geordies Wink
snow conditions
Quote:

At least they weren't Maccas...

Er, what might "Maccas" be?Puzzled Puzzled

Clues anyone? Surely not a reference to the team that is going to stick it up the Geordies on Sunday at the fortress that is Git Big Sport Shops Like @ Sid James's Park.com.... wink
latest report
Bergmeister, definitely ! FTM
ski holidays
Smokin Joe, snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Smokin Joe, and Bergmeister, have gone very quiet. Is there something wrong? Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Hells Bells, yep directski still havent replied !
latest report
Smokin Joe, Laughing Laughing
snow report
Quote:

IT may be relevant to point out that Yad Moss lies somewhere between Durham and Cumbria and Westmoorland and could be regarded as the Geordies back yard.

May be after all the Geordies don't need to have a skiing holiday each year if they can head for the Teesdale every weekend when there is snow. How much they can get out of it is another matter.

Good point, though the skiing at Allenheads is closer to Newcastle than either Weardale or Yad Moss (50mins).

http://www.ski-allenheads.co.uk/

Last year Weardale ran their tows on 40 days, Yad Moss 50 andRaise in the lake District over 60. Not sure what Allendale manageed but it would have a been a lot although it was the snowiest winter here since 1986 snowHead

BTW Saikee, Westmorland disappeared in 1974. wink
snow report
Lou, Oh we know our geography over here so the 'joke' is not lost on us.....but what they should've done is replaced "Geordies" with "Northsiders"....now THAT'D work.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy