Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer from Geneva to Bourg Saint Maurice/Les Arc 8/1/10

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello snowHead

I am about to book accomodation in Les Arc, The Chalet company are offering a local pick up free, they have agreed BSM is local if I transfer by train.

Does anyone know how to find out about trains for that journey, costs/times? can you buy a week return. I have tried many of the links to train websites but everytime I put in the details I just get a message saying no search results found. Puzzled

I have also looked at Bensbus, the price is £69.00 which is ok but at the moment I am due to land at 10.20 am and the time they are quoting is 3.00 pm Sad Dont really fancy hanging around at geneva that long. Has anyone used them befor, do you think that nearer the time there might be an earlier time?

Or, is anyone renting a car or organising their own transfer with space for one? I will be with my luggage packed in a ski bag.

Thanks snowHead s
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

The train website thing is an ongoing issue becuase the Geneva airport train station is in Switzeland, whilst the town train station has customs and a "french" platform and the website can't search journeys which begin in another country - irritating I know!

So, try using http://www.voyages-sncf.com/ and inputting "geneve" and "Bourg Sainte Maurice" and then click on reservez. When you arrive at the airport there is a machine in the arrivals hall which gives you a free public transport ticket to the main Geneva train station. Every train leaving the airport goes via Geneva and you should leave about 30 mins for the journey. Trains are usually in the region of €50 but depend on times etc etc

To get to Bourg by train you'll need to change a couple of times so it's a bit faffy. Have a look at altibus (http://www.alpski-bus.com/). They're more expensive (about €100 return) but go direct.

Have a great holiday!

Heather
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
youngeratheart, snowhead Jerry used the train from Geneva last year and I asked him a similar question only last week. I'll forward the details to you by PM, but briefly - there's a free train from the airport to the centre of Geneva, from where you can get a train to BSM via another change at Chambery. Cost to Moutiers was about £35 so will be a few quid more to BSM. Train was booked via "Rail Europe".
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
youngeratheart,

For convenience I would use altibus, they have a bus from right outside the airport terminal and have a frequent service on a Saturday, virually every hour from 10 am to 7pm. It takes around 2 hours 40 minutes to Bourg. http://www.alpski-bus.com/

If the SNCF website is not giving you details of trains from Geneva to Bourg or it is showing long journey times it may be due to work on the line. Last season a lot of work was taking place on the line between Geneva and Lyon so it may be that the work has continued into this season. I was caught out a few times last season with trains being cancelled or replaced by a bus.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very generous of the chalet company to offer a lift from BSM - surprised they didn't suggest you just go up the funicular and then pop onto the appropriate bus at 1600 until you get to the right part of the resort......
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks to all of you.

I cant believe it though I was just about to jump in the car and go to the chalet firms base in uk (quite local to me) to pay but I have just this minute had an email from the company I went with to PDS last year and they can more or less match the deal so I am going to back Morgins instead, they will include the transfer. Very Happy

I do think since I am by myself the train looks rather tricky.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy