Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel and flight for <£400. Is this possible?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
My brother has said he will pay for me and my daughter (11) to go skiing with him if I can find a flight/accomm or package for around £400. So it's a challenge!

We need a resort for either 12/13 or 19/20 March with a short (less than 1hr 15) transfer, and not in Bulgaria! Quite happy to take a package but have done the independant thing before so that would be OK. Would prefer to be close to the lifts, and if we can get HB for the price even better.

Skiers in the group are me (rubbish) a couple of intermediate's and an advanced. Daughter skies and boards.

Interested in all suggestions please!
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
www.fasttrackski.co.uk
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kyoto49, you might want to check out the Crystal ski+ thing. They advertise all-in packages (i.e. includes, flights, transfers, accommodation, lift pass, basic ski/board/boot hire or carriage) starting from £395 for self-catering, £409 bed and breakfast and £525 half board. The cheapest half board is probably Bulgaria but I spotted Andorra on there for £539 based on 2 sharing and Austria for £599.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could try Easyjet for £86 flights (return) from Birmingham to Geneva on 19th March, then have car hire and a ski in/out apartment in Val Thorens (cough - see below...) for well under £400 per person.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kyoto49, if your brother is on a tightish budget, self catering accommodation would be much better than a hotel where every single coke, beer or cup of tea is bought at hotel prices. An apartment would still allow you to eat out whenever you wanted, but being able to sort out your own breakfasts, snacks and (if you're close to the piste lunch) will save you a fortune. Looks like you've got yourself a free holiday!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Way inside the budget, just get some more friends to come along - everyone cooks one evening meal. http://www.igluski.com/flaine/terrasses-de-veret-apartments_p30789?holidayid=26770700
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kyoto49, that's a pretty short transfer - would certainly rule out Bergmeister and an apartment in Val Thorens. But week beginning 19 March you could certainly get a good, piste-side, 2 bed apartment for 400 euros if you were prepared to extend the transfer time a bit. Geneva to Chamonix could be done in that time - that could be a possibility if ski in/out is not a big deal for you. Or maybe Flaine.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For a shorter transfer, but the same ski area as Flaine, try Samoens or Morillon - you might get an apartment in that price range, and there are bus transfers from Geneva; again only an optin of you don't need ski in/out.

Inspired by the Crystal price, we've just booked a week in Chamrousse - duplex apartment, 3 passes and 1 set of lessons came to about £700. Flights, including ski carriage EDI-CMF (Chambery) were about £150 each; just got to sort out transfer now. I know Chamrousse is not the biggest ski area, or, probably, even among the best, but it is adequate for a week, and the proximity of Grenoble might be an asset.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yellow Pyranha, there are quite a few reports about Chamrousse here - I should think you'll have a great time, and that's an excellent price. And because it's not "the best" ski area you won't be robbed blind every time you want a cup of coffee (or a pee).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or Easy jet from Liverpool if flights and prices suit more. Only another 1/2 hour. Peak retreats have some cheap deals that have been cheaper than booking direct with the Hotel, - all areas in Grand massif.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is this £400 pp or as a total...??
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, thanks, I know Chamrousse as I've been there a few times, downhill and cross country. Part of my reason for going there (and having been there in the past) is that my brother lives in central Grenoble - I was trying to justify why someone without my personal interests might consider it (apart from price!).
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Flangesax Sorry I didn't make it clear, its £400 max per person.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kyoto49, it is very, very possible... with £9 change! I'll PM you with the details!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm going to Kaprun at Christmas and the self catering apartment, flights and transfers come to £300. I could have done this cheaper though.

Neilson have a 50% sale on with loads of package deals under £400 including half board in some places.
latest report
Of course, it's the other bits - passes, equipment hire, lessons, lunches, beers etc which cost the money. Accommodation is the least expense of many ski holidays.
snow report
Thanks to everyone, I've got some research to do now. Still open to suggestions Smile
latest report
well if book with Neilson and you go from Gatwick on Mar 20th a 4th berth apt at hameau at Montgenevre is £319 there would be about 70 under occupancy charge, but its a good deal for ski from the door, my daughter and i went last easter for £400 each, the apts are very new and have pool etc, i also got a good deal with Twinner online for ski hire, the shop is 30 yds away, lift pass was cheapest through tour op Neilson. If you need ski school it is village centre so a bit of a walk in the morning, as the free monibus gets full, but its ok to get back in afternoon.
snow report
kyoto49 has just added another requirement to consider... must be closer than 500 meters to the nearest ski lift!
latest report
kyoto49, can you give us a bit more detail, please. You've added the "500 metres" criterion - what else? See the headline ad at http://www.rocketski.com/. You can get fully catered for loads less than £400 (can't think how they do it.....). Snowlamb reported buying that holiday today, on another thread. Offer won't be available much longer. Bargain!
snow conditions
Thanks for all the help. We have found an apartment in Morzine close to the lifts for £200 each, and Easyjet flights for £125 so we are sorted. Just need to sort the hire car, ski hire, lift pass snowboard lessons.................!

Great help guys, Thanks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy