Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer Help Lyon or Geneva Airport to Alp du Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello I have a little problem due to work commitments I have to join a mate’s ski holiday a few days late. So I am trying to get from Lyon or Geneva airport to Alp due Huez on Monday 13-Dec-2010. The different airports are due to flights but I would prefer Geneva due to cheaper flights.

Anyway so what is the best way to get from airport to Alp Du Huez, I will consider the bus, train or other

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Andrew
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.ski-transfers.com/airport_transfer_to_Alpe_d'Huez.php
try these chaps ,never used them but the site gives information on various transfer options
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lyon is closer. You can get a train from Lyon to Grenoble and there are buses from the Gare Routier, just outside the railway station. If you could fly to Grenoble you could try Bensbus.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ibisona, various options.

From GVA there's a train service, takes about an hour and a half to Grenoble. Transisere bus from there to Alpe d'Huez. Trains are regular but not necessarily frequent (check SNCF website for details and booking). There may also be a bus service, not up to speed on that one.

From Lyon: bus direct to Grenoble gare routiere, 33€ return, frequent departures (Google Faure Vercors for timetables and advance booking). Bus from Grenoble to Alpe d'Huez.

From Grenoble airport: Bus into Grenoble gare routiere, further bus to Alpe d'Huez. Alternatively Google Bensbus as Butterfly, suggests - direct transfers but not necessarily every day, may not run on a Monday.

My advice = Lyon or Grenoble. Closer, more frequent transport services, more choice. What you pay extra on the flight you'll probably save on transfer costs and hassle.

Hope that helps.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the comments, current thoughts are as follows

Unfortunately I live relatively up north so I need from fly from Manchester or Liverpool which rules out Grenoble. Interesting there is only scheduled flights from Gatwick or Stansted which is no good also Ben's busses and the scheduled local bus service only runs Sat/Sun so would be stuffed for Monday.

So back to Geneva, I like the train idea form Geneva to Grenoble but the problem is, there are only buses at the weekend up to Alp du Huez from Grenoble however there are regular services to Bourg-d'Osans. As the main group have a car I could get them to drive down and get me or I could get a taxi up.

Also a transfer quotes up to now are about 300 from Geneva or Lyon

saving on flight is about 50 notes one way
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ibisona, I am sure you must be reading the bus timetable wrong! I have not looked lately but normally there are at least 2 buses a day up to Alpe d'Huez from Grenoble every day. even out of season. I have a copy of it somewhere I will try and dig out a link to it for you.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are regular buses from Bourg d'Oisans to Alpe d'Huez, but it would only take 20 mins for someone to drive down and fetch you, so no problem there.

However, SNCF's website is currently showing over four hours for train from Geneva to Grenoble. Shocked Shocked
Trains leaving at 14:41 and 16:38.

I've done that journey, took an hour and a half. Not sure what's going on there. Try this for buses: http://www.gva.ch/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-69/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ibisona, PS. as per skitow, above you may be looking at the interseason timetable - during the winter there are direct buses all week. Not sure when 'winter' officially starts for Transisere though, might be the week following.

If you're stuck, I'll give you a price for private taxi. wink Can't help you on the way home though, will be working all day.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bus time table I found

http://www.transisere.fr/ftp/FR_Lignes/Desserte%20Oisans.pdf
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ibisona, OK, Dec 13 is 'period scolaire' so it would seem that there are no direct buses to Alpe d'Huez at that time. However, if you can get to Bourg d'Oisans and your friends have a car, this isn't a problem.

Try this for Grenoble/Bourg d'Oisans: http://www.transisere.fr/ftp/FR_Lignes/Grenoble-Bourg%20d%27Oisans.pdf
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have you looked at Jet2 from 'up north' to Chambery - I'm pretty sure you would get a transfer from Chambery airport to Alpe d'Huez. They do fly from some northern parts (Edi and Gla, certainly).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy