Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Espace Killy - which base for off piste?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I would be on my own and would be looking for a group to join. Only checked ESF websites so far - ESF Tignes has a lot of info on off piste skiing/groups etc, the VDI one OTOH mentions off-piste groups rather briefly.

So, should I be in Tignes or VDI? Or no difference?

Villlage ambience etc is not high on the list of priorities. It is access to good off-piste areas that I am after.

Thanks beforehand
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Val D'Isere with these guys http://www.alpineexperience.com
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another vote for Alpine Experience - their group half days are a bargain and when 4 of us booked the group was just the 4 of us.

In January we'll be in Tignes and will be trying http://www.evolution2.com/tignes/gb/ski_detail_pages/2010_tig/2010_tig_offpiste.htm#opg_adventure.

We've heard good reports. Their prices aren't too bad either.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks vm, gentlemen,

I have checked offpisteskiing dot com also but the dates of the course that i want might not work for me.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

In January we'll be in Tignes and will be trying http://www.evolution2.com/tignes/gb/ski_detail_pages/2010_tig/2010_tig_offpiste.htm#opg_adventure.

Another vote for Evo2. Had my first off-piste adventure with them last January. Spent a lot of time with my face in the snow but that was strictly my own fault Very Happy

The quality of instruction, safety standards and local knowledge is superb.

They are in both Le Lac and Val Claret but the one you choose is purely down to personal preference.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wot kitenski said....
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wot kitenski said....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We will be in Val d Isere from 13 March for 8/9 days, and 4/6 out of big group also looking at off-piste starter lessons and guiding.
How long in advance do we need to book,
and any of the guides at Alpine Experience specifically recommended for adventurous beginner group? ( All are confidant on black on-piste and have played around in off-piste next to slopes, but never had formal off-piste lessons.)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lizski, I would suggest you email Alpine Experience with details of your group and take their advice. They are a small ski school, about eight instructors and guides, but all very experienced off piste and three are mountain guides.

How far in advance to book. Don't know! Some days are popular and get fully booked well in advance. You could ask them about bookings already made for your dates. Whatever, do not leave it until you arrive in Val d'Isere or you may be to late. I think that applies to many of the ski schools there, they get booked before people arrive. I have just emailed my January booking to Alpine Experience to reserve my place.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mountain Masters in Val are good. Rupert Goldring and colleagues will give you good value. Although in VAl they ski the whole of Espace Killy and know the place like the back of their hand. Will be there again soon!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.tdcski.com/tignes/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy