Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Discounted ski pass for Paradiski, Espace Killy, Le Grand Massif & Serre Chevalier

Poster: A snowHead
Les Compagnies des Alpes have introduced a ski pass to cover the ski areas of Paradiski (La Plagne, Les Arcs), Espace Killy (Val D'Isere, Tignes), Le Grand Massif (Flaine, Samoëns, Morillon, Les Carroz, Sixt Fer à Cheval) and Serre Chevalier.
The pass can be purchased in advance for a subscrition fee of 29€ (23€ if sponsored by a current ski pass holder), it is free for children under 18 to subscribe.

It is vaild for the whole season in any of these resorts and offers at least a 15% discount off the normal adult day rate. You also receive a 15% discount off the day pass for the resorts of Sainte Foy, La Rosiere and Valmorel. After 9 days and then every 4th day after that you are charged 1€ for a day pass.
For Saturdays it offers 25% off the normal day rate and they have some promotional weeks where you receive up to 30% off the day rate.

It is recommended (on the website) for people who ski between 8 and 20 days per season in any of these resorts
You are only charged for the days you ski, your visa or debit card is billed the month after you have skied.

Once you have received the card, about a week to the UK, you can just turn up in any of the resorts covered by the card and ski. No need to queue up at the lift pass office, you can just park wherever there is a ski lift and hop on (or so they say).

You can find more details at http://www.skialacarte.fr/en/

At first glance it looks like an excellent idea. The concept of being billed only for the days you ski seems to be a winner. If it is bad weather, you are tired or injured, hungover etc. you can have a day off without feeling guilty about how much it is costing you.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 29-10-10 16:27; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skichampcouk, it's been around for a couple of years now. My son's used it last winter, and it worked out well, esp as one day it was foul weather and we decided after taking advice from the pisteurs to stay at home. You can also add insurance on to the pass for a very reasonable sum.
I think I may have a discount code at home for a half-price pass, I'll try and post it up later.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sounds good for multiple resort skiing, are SuperU in Bourg still doing/going to do half price day tickets for St Foy (voucher on the back of till billet) we just bought a Mars Bar and got half price skiing last season Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hells Bells, I hadn't seen it before, I had a season pass last year so wasn't aware of it or looking for anything else . I may give this a go this season as I probably will not be spending as much time out there.
The Carte neige insurance is 19€ for the season which does seem pretty reasonable to me.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Géant had special discount tickets for Areches-Beaufort on the till receipts last year. Made it a really cheap day out.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, I also remember seeing something in Quick in Albertville offering cheap ski passes for Areches-Beaufort. It was a few years ago though, they had the offer on the placemats.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi skichampcouk, we used this last season, let me know if you want me to sponsor your application so that you get a discount and I get a rebate as well wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ouch! Just realised that my 14 year old is an adult (eldest is now 18) so thats 4 adult season passes please Shocked
But buy early and save over a grand on 4 weeks skiing Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've cancelled the kids cards for this year, as neither of them know if they will be come skiing this winter, but I will re-subscribe if they do.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Roger C, Hi Roger, I hope you are well.
I'll let you know when I've decided what I'm doing this winter. I need to work out how often I will be visiting the Alps and then decide on this or the season pass. The Paradiski season pass does look good value at 680 euros but I have only planned to be out there on holiday for just over a week at Easter this season and maybe a few days at Christmas and half term.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Dave, I'm very well thanks

We've rented a place in Montalbert for six weeks this season so perhaps meet up for a ski one day.

Does that paradiski season pass price include early purchase and/or residents discount?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Roger C, Montalbert! Where? Which 6 weeks? snowHead
If you buy a season pass you before 15/11/2010 its a big saving for your six weeks. The price is available for everuone at www.edenski.com
http://www.edenski.com/pages/eden-prix.html
I save over a grand on 4 adult tickets for 4 weeks skiing. Compared to buying 4 x 4 x 6 day tickets
(Due to some EU law there are no owners discounts etc any more, owners that rent out through the liftco have a discount linked to the number of lettings/passes sold.)

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 20-10-10 20:11; edited 4 times in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The school year I lived in BSM, you could join the local association (for about 50 Euro pp- forget exact name) which gave school kids under 16 a free pass and residents a discounted pass (substantial discount for 5+ year residents with less of a discount for under 5 years). Had to be done well in advance of ski season.

There are also some separate discounts for proprietors, etc. that rent out their place or have a business in town. These might be available during the season.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone know of any other similar schemes being run for other groups of French (or French/Swiss) resorts? I don't live far from the Grand Massif but a bit too far from the other three to make use of them.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Whitters, I think it is only for the Compagnie des Alpes resorts, I haven't heard of another similar one.
ski holidays
Wow, that's the biggest reduction on a tarentaise season pass I've seen. It's got me thinking....
latest report
Is this one and the same as the Carte Zen as featured on the Les Arc site? All the features seem to be the same,so I'm guessing it is.Now,I've been trying to crunch the numbers on this,and I have a headache!! As we(3 at adult price)are out for two weeks,it crossed my mind that we might save a few euros',esp as we will get 1 day at €1 ea.Also,via the Arc site,there is no initial charge for new subscribers,so saving a further €29. I get it to a very close run thing(assuming we ski 10/11 days)but its not an easy calculation.
Had not realised the insurance was for the season,which adds further to the value IMHO.

Thinking along the lines that its not going to be more expensive than conventional passes(?)but a good call if,for whatever reason,you have to miss a day.Anyone else considered this for just a two week trip?
latest report
Boredsurfing wrote:
Roger C, Montalbert! Where? Which 6 weeks? snowHead
If you buy a season pass you before 15/11/2010 its a big saving for your six weeks. The price is available for everuone at www.edenski.com
http://www.edenski.com/pages/eden-prix.html
I save over a grand on 4 adult tickets for 4 weeks skiing. Compared to buying 4 x 4 x 6 day tickets
(Due to some EU law there are no owners discounts etc any more, owners that rent out through the liftco have a discount linked to the number of lettings/passes sold.)

Hi Boredsurfing

We have a place in Les Granges from mid Dec to end of Jan (Rebeccay found it for us). Unfortunately we wont be there for 6 weeks solid. Out for 2.5 weeks over Christmas/NY then a couple of w/e's in Jan

That season pass is a great deal but I think the Holiski is still better for us. Problem with a season pass is that we cant share it between my wife and I. We usually only do half a day each as one of us has to look after our daughter.
latest report
Roger C, Great we shall no doubt meet up over Xmas/New Year Very Happy
ski holidays
I can see that the Grand Massif has half price season cards until December 15th (€419 vs €838), which is quite an amazing saving. On an advert in the latest ski&board magazine it mentions it includes free skiing in Verbier and other Haute Savoie resorts.

I can't find any mention of this on the GM website - anyone have idea how much 'free skiing' elsewhere this amounts to, and for which resorts?
snow report
Last couple of years its been 3 days in Courmayeur + 1 day in Verbier+ 3 days in any nearby resort (it list all those included which totals about 25 eg. Les Gets, Avoriaz, Megeve, St Gervais, Les Houches, Chamonix). I am sure it will be same for 2010/11 season. I'll be buying mine soon! Cheers. Ken
ski holidays
skier52, thanks - it seems like quite a good deal
ski holidays
Hi All,

Does anyone know the best way to go about buying an Espace Killy season pass and Carte neige? Puzzled The Tignes skipass website doesn't appear to offer any discounts for ordering in advance Evil or Very Mad , am I best just to wait until in resort and get it there? Any advice welcome.

First time doing a season and trying to keep my costs down rolling eyes

Alan
latest report
Whitters, It is only 3 single days in haute savoie resorts i.e. 1 day les houches, 1 day les gets etc as they cross them off when you swap the voucher for a day pass. You get some good deals on ski service especially cluses racing clinic at half price. Its realy good value overall.
snow report
Alan R, you can buy your insurance with your ski pass but unless you are working, an owner or local I do not think you will get any discount unless the place where you are staying can help you out with the lift pass. You can also just get the insurance when you arrive for the season. Bit of other advice, even if you are not that great at skiing/boarding yet get the full pass you will get good fast and then wish you had.
snow report
snowcrazy, Thought that might be the case that I need to pay full whack rolling eyes
Just hoped that someone would know of a way for me to save a few pounds Very Happy
ski holidays
snowcrazy,
Quote:

Alan R, you can buy your insurance with your ski pass but unless you are working, an owner or local I do not think you will get any discount unless the place where you are staying can help you out with the lift pass. You can also just get the insurance when you arrive for the season.

Is that still the case when buying a lift pass?

Boredsurfing, is of the opinion that (Due to some EU law there are no owners discounts etc any more, owners that rent out through the liftco have a discount linked to the number of lettings/passes sold.)

It also appears that anybody can buy the discounted Paradiski pass via the edenpass website http://www.edenski.com/pages/eden-prix.html

I haven't tried to book a paradiski season pass yet but it would be useful to hear from anybody who has.
latest report
Hi,

In Paradiski there is a sliding scale of discounts depending on what you do. You get more discount if you sell passes (ie own a ski company) or have lived in the resort for more than 10 years, but there are masses of other options for discounts too.

You can however get something off the price if you have proof of residency such as an electricity bill. You get a bit more discount if you're working for a company too so try and get whoever you're working for to send you a contract / confirmation letter.

The liftpass office usually know all the discounts by heart so if you call them and tell them what you're doing, they'll help make sure that you get the right one!

Heather
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skichampcouk wrote:
... It also appears that anybody can buy the discounted Paradiski pass via the edenpass website http://www.edenski.com/pages/eden-prix.html
I haven't tried to book a paradiski season pass yet but it would be useful to hear from anybody who has....
I 'bought' two Paradiski season passes from Edenski yesterday, all looks to have gone through OK.
snow conditions
Lots of chat here about the different Ski Passes and Insurance, some not very correct so here is a break down of what the score is for this season in the Paradiski.

1) skichampcouk, Allan is correct, the discount on the La Plagne side for the season pass is the same for the public and owners this year if you buy it before the 15th November. However they are not doing the same deal on the Les Arcs side. rather strange I agree.

2) skichampcouk, if you mean about the daily ski insurance then yes, that system is not changing, but I have just heard that for the season insurance in Les Arcs you must go to the dedicated office for this. They say it will be in Arc 1600 when the season starts but you are best to contact your nearest lift office to see what they say.

3) I also heard about that new rule re. discounts, it does not seem like CDA have taken much notice yet across all there resorts, maybe this Edenski thing is there test, not sure. You can still get owner discounts in most of the ski areas they control.

There seems to be a bit of confusion here about all the other discounts.

4) Unless you are paying tax and by that I mean income tax, not just fonciere, then you are not able to get the local residents discounts. So unless you read this forum and also live full time and pay your income tax in the commune do not even bother to think about those passes. (But they are really good).

5) Another ski pass is the one for seasonnal employees, normally paid for by your employer. Most of these only cover either Les Arcs or La Plagne unless you have a very generous employer. They have to be renenwed mid-season (in case you get the sac before the end of the season) and again unless you have a season job with an official contract you are not entitiled to one of these. But I have known people to get round the rules on these with a few scams like saying your guests work for you. rolling eyes

6) There is the seperate deal for tour ops where they pay less for a ski pass than they charge the guests based on the number of beds they have in resort, but most companies do not pass on this discount to there guest, they keep it as part of there profit like a few companies I could name or if they are good they give it to there reps to make there pay a little better.

Finally 7) there is the points discount system which chalet or renting owners can get. Again for most people here they are not available to you unless you know an owner who is willing to get one for you. But the rules on these are quite tough. Plus why give away your points to someone else when they are for you.

I hope that makes it all a little clearer. .

As far as I am aware these details apply to all the Paradiski area, but please do let us all know if another commune in the area has a different deal with the CDA. Like the one in La Plagne that Allan has posted about, which is the best deal if you are not an owner I can find anywhere. Hope that all helped.
ski holidays
Quote:

snowcrazy, Quote:

Alan R, you can buy your insurance with your ski pass but unless you are working, an owner or local I do not think you will get any discount unless the place where you are staying can help you out with the lift pass. You can also just get the insurance when you arrive for the season.

Is that still the case when buying a lift pass?

snowcrazy, I was referring to the discount on the lift pass, not the insurance. I assumed that as the early booking discount was now available to anybody booking the Paradiski or La Plagne season passes, it would also apply to other ski areas operated by CDA.
It may be that the websites of the other ski areas haven't been updated with the information yet. APLP (La Plagne holiday home owners club) sent out an email to members on the 19th October with a link to the Edenski website, which gives details of the discounted lift pass. I think the Edenski information has only been added to the La Plagne website in the last couple of days, so information about discounts may start appearing on other websites in the next couple of weeks.

As you say, it would be useful if other regular visitors to the other CDA ski areas update this thread when they find out about any lift pass discounts.
snow report
snowskisnow, I own a place in Les Arcs 2000 and the Carte Zen is great as you can chose which days you ski and don't lose out to bad weather etc. You get a little booklet of tear out stubs that you exchange for a day pass. The only downside to this is you have to go to the lift pass office EVERY day you want to ski but the queues aren't too bad mid week.

They stopped recycling the old lift passes last season as well which is a shame.
ski holidays
It pays to SHOP AROUND!I did a season in Les Arcs a few years back and from memory the lift pass companies all operate as completely seperate entities, even though they are selling the same thing. I'm sure that the rules will all be different in each one. There used to be a different company in Peisey Vallandry to the rest of the Les Arc mountain for example and I used to have to fill in different paperwork for the seperate companies when ordering passes for the tour operator I was working for.
ski holidays
Pablito, The Carte Zen is the same beast as the skialacarte pass in La Plagne. It is now a hands free device so you no longer need to go to the lift pass office every day, you can just turn up anywhere there is a ski lift in any of the resorts covered by it and away you go (according to the website ).
It also gives you the option to purchase carre neige liberte insurance at 19€ for the season.
snow conditions
Pablito, sorry mate you are well out of date with Ski pass office details as well, they are all owned by CDA these days so all offer the same deals in Les Arcs and Peisey Vallandry. No need to shop around, just go online.

Pablito, I agree the Zen card (ski a la carte) is a good deal in whatever form you have it if you are only out a few days a week or season or like to go to other resorts as well. I have both a Zen card and season pass, best of both worlds. But if you only plan to ski everyday in Les Arcs a season pass is a better deal if you are out for three weeks or more.

To everyone looking for ski lift passes in the paradiski please read everything posted above about the different lift passes or go over to the Les Arcs thread in the snow reports section. Not going to post all the stuff there all over again here, but you will find all your questions answered in that thread with the most up-to-date info. Bargin season pass deal finishes on 15 November if you are not an owner so get a move on. Full details like I said on other thread.

skichampcouk, I finally spoke with them today, seems like a bit of a mess this season. The public deal for the season pass is only being sold in the La Plagne office until 15 November, not Les Arcs. Les Arcs owners page is not online yet but they say the discounts are the same there as last season and will be online later next week. As I already listed above most other passes do not apply to those reading on here. If anyone wants any more info they had better call the main Les Arcs office next week.

I hope others from other CDA resorts post what is going on where they are, it seems this new law might cause some problems, will just have to wait and see.
snow report
It looks like the 'buy before date' to purchase your discounted Paradiski or La Plagne season pass has been extended from 15th November until 1st December. http://www.edenski.com/pages/eden-prix.html

The website http://www.skipass-laplagne.com/ where you can buy the season pass has been down for maintenance for the last week or so. It has reappeared this morning and it looks like it is now possible to buy your season pass there. I have not tried to buy one yet but it would be good to hear from anybody who has.
latest report
skichampcouk wrote:
It looks like the 'buy before date' to purchase your discounted Paradiski or La Plagne season pass has been extended from 15th November until 1st December. http://www.edenski.com/pages/eden-prix.html

The website http://www.skipass-laplagne.com/ where you can buy the season pass has been down for maintenance for the last week or so. It has reappeared this morning and it looks like it is now possible to buy your season pass there. I have not tried to buy one yet but it would be good to hear from anybody who has.

I've bought two Paradiski season passes from Edenski (before the site went down) they mailed the other day requesting I mail a new photograph, for some reason one that I submitted were not usable.
Will post again when I receive them.
ski holidays
I've just looked at this for my EK trips. I'm doing 8 days and then 12 days.

This would qualify me for the 3 €1 days (9th, 14th and 19th) but would mean my passes cost me 20x €38, minus 3x €37 (saving for the €1 days) plus €29 for the card which is €678. If I miss two days, the carte costs me €639 for 18 days.

My (slightly) discounted passes from the TO are €632 for the same periods.

For someone going occasionally or just few a few days each time, it looks really good. Equally if you really think you may miss quite a few days, it looks good.

I need to miss more than 3 of my 20 days for it to make sense and I'm not sure if I will miss that many. If I did, I would likely be looking at an insurance claim.
snow report
just checking

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 9-11-10 18:51; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
snowcrazy, La Plagne is all up and running wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy