Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All mountain ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, wanted to see if some you could give me a steer on what ski's to get next.

ME: 5'9", 88kg, 44yrs, strong. 25 yrs skiing

SKIING: Mostly guided off piste (50%), day tours and touring weeks (30%), charging on piste days (20%, but not that fussed by this as get bored of this pretty quickly)

CURRENT SET UP: Movement Thunder 176cm with Fritschi Touring bindings

THOUGHTS: The Movements are great, perhaps a little stiff, especially in the tail, and certainly took some getting used to when I first got them. They are also (only) about 86mm underfoot which is not exactly wide compared to most of the offerings out there nowadays. Don't really want to carry 2 sets of ski's around, so looking for something to replace the Movements, if there is something out there that I would prefer. Perhaps a more modern Movement that is 95-100mm underfoot, a couple of friends use ZAG's that they rave about, also Volkl Mantra, Scotts??

Any help appreciated
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dynastar Sultan 94?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dynafit Stoke and TLT Bindings, you will love the ski and love the weight saving even more!!

Would need compatible boots tho!

If not, all the Scott skis are great!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you like Movement then Movement Source 185, 135x94x121 wth Marker Dukes wink they are softer than your thinders I think, but I have not skied the thunders!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
livetoski, I can think of better things to do with £928 Shocked Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
scotia, Toofy Grin LOL well maybe Barons and a SH's discount or for £928 a small house in Glasgow Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jerryh, volkl mantra will be very heavy for touring. Scott Crusair (90mm) or Powdair (100mm) are worth a look. k2 Coombas are popular freeride/touring skis. And as you say Movement have a lot of light skis in their lineup this season. All of those should work well with your existing bindings.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jerryh -I 100% recommend Volkl Mantra's, I have just bought a pair of 09/10 (last seasons model in sale) 184cm for next season with Marker Duke 16 bindings, to replace the 07/08's Mantras (also 184cm) that I had with a Marker Freeflex binding. Sport-Conrad are doing 10/11 with Duke 16 bindings at 669 Euro. I am 98kg and quite an aggressive skier I'd say.

My reason for changing was to get a free-heel semi-touring binding, (also have got Black Diamond Factor boots for walk mode), but the previous Mantras were amazing and I was sad to see them go and thoroughly recommend these skis, my skiing has progressed in last 2-3 years due to these skis. Brilliant at pace, powering through crud on/ off piste, they hold their edge, never jitter and just push through but DO need driving to get the best out of them - in deep powder they just float along, and are very precise, not at all numb (unlike Gotamas I tried out one time) which were nasty.

I liked them so much we bought my wife a pair of the female equivalent Aura's cheap in the summer sale, ready for next year. Graphics are great too - they look good, secondary issue for me I have to say.

Hope this is useful - cant wait until 29th December when back on it!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All Mountain Ski = Equally Poor on All Types of Snow Conditions NehNeh
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ive been using Salomon Shoguns for the past season and cant wait to get back on them in a few weeks time. Found them to be a great all rounder
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy