Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis advice....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last season my pride and joys that are my Volkl Energy 380's (with Motion TT bindings) passed their sell-by date and the top and the base layer "did a Cheryl & Ashley" and separated, two nice Techies in Mayrhofen both confirmed my beloveds were dead (I needed a second opinion).

SO...we were in Kitzbuhel for St Patricks Week and I hired a set of Rossignols World Cups and I really liked them....so here's the rub, prior to Mayrhofen (Jan) I was a massive 21+stone and I had started a diet to shift the bulk, when I was in Kitz I was 17 & 1/2 stone and now I've reached my target weight of 13 & 1/2 stone and I've been told through the grapevine that good ole Santa Claus might be bringing me new skis.....can any of you good folk tell me what I should be looking at?...or would I better off buying those Rossignols???...and I know this is stating the obvious but I assume my DIN settings are no totally different due the weight loss?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your DIN settings should change with significant wight loss, as to the skis, where do you ski, how do you ski, how do you want to ski?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dazman, I wouldn't profess to the know the first thing to help you with your choice, but huge congratulations on your achievement. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Schuss in Boots wrote:
dazman, I wouldn't profess to the know the first thing to help you with your choice, but huge congratulations on your achievement. Very Happy

This. ^ Good for you! Why obsess with buying? The types of skis you are asking about are readily available at hire shops, rent them all!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Congrats on the weight loss, glad to see someone be proactive before it's too late! Smile

I must rave about the Head KERS skis this winter, you will love them!!!

You DIN settings will be drastically different!

Disagree with the above about buying skis. Owning you own guarnatees they get looked after, you know the limits of them and what if the ones you want to rent are not there?

Also, they pay for themselves in 4-5 trips give the exchange rate on a simlar level of rental skis!

Happy skiing!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the compliments folks, but it had to be done before it got too late.

As for my skiing...I've been skiing every year for the past 13 - 14 years, I'd be a full on piste cruiser with a slight penchant for odd bit of off-piste....I like a decent bit of speed but Svindal/Miller-esqe pace.

And as for where?......France, Andorra, Italy, Japan and I say we've Austrian citizenship at this stage.

Any help?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy