Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Big Divide.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
kitenski, the way described on the last page just involves on advising which type of boot, and in what size, would probably be a good fit for your foot.

No fitting involved,
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Monium wrote:
Mosha Marc wrote:
CEM wrote:
.... what if it is wrong...who gets the blame??

What you need is someone to sort out your T&C's wink , that way the punter is to blame if they can't get their back bottom into your shop.

I'd be pulling out statutory rights, very few Ts & Cs that can get around that. The service offered either was or wasn't fit for purpose. If the boots that are reccomended to me don't fit, I have not received that service which I have paid for. Boo. Hoo. Money back please.

The only downside if you do something like this is that there will always be some young upstart who will spoil it for you for free online. They'll offer the same advice for no money at all, or will help someone to go and buy their boots at a local retailer using your tricks of the trade for nothing.

as it has been said...you are buying an opionion, not a product

but there is a question

how do you determine if a ski boot is not fit for purpose???.... if you have left the shop with it you are deemed to have "accepted the product" and it is perfectly fit for the purpose of skiing.... your perception of comfort on the other hand is a perception, and that is a line where the fitter can give you the best advice they can but you as the purchaser have to take some responsibility for the decision to buy

we work to protocols which are widely used by boot fitters the world over so who is rtight, who is wrong

ok having pulled the pin on that hand grenade i will now leave the room for a while

cya Little Angel
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEM wrote:
Monium wrote:
Mosha Marc wrote:
CEM wrote:
.... what if it is wrong...who gets the blame??

What you need is someone to sort out your T&C's wink , that way the punter is to blame if they can't get their back bottom into your shop.

I'd be pulling out statutory rights, very few Ts & Cs that can get around that. The service offered either was or wasn't fit for purpose. If the boots that are reccomended to me don't fit, I have not received that service which I have paid for. Boo. Hoo. Money back please.

The only downside if you do something like this is that there will always be some young upstart who will spoil it for you for free online. They'll offer the same advice for no money at all, or will help someone to go and buy their boots at a local retailer using your tricks of the trade for nothing.

as it has been said...you are buying an opionion, not a product

but there is a question

how do you determine if a ski boot is not fit for purpose???.... if you have left the shop with it you are deemed to have "accepted the product" and it is perfectly fit for the purpose of skiing.... your perception of comfort on the other hand is a perception, and that is a line where the fitter can give you the best advice they can but you as the purchaser have to take some responsibility for the decision to buy

we work to protocols which are widely used by boot fitters the world over so who is rtight, who is wrong

ok having pulled the pin on that hand grenade i will now leave the room for a while

cya Little Angel

Without a shadow of a doubt, the customer who bought the product on their credit card and used the buyer protection that offers is right.

Or at least, they will win. I don't know any small retailer who has contested the withdrawal of funds by a credit card company and successfully got it back. In fact, I don't know of many large retailers either.

If the customer is advised that something fits, and they can (with any reasonable level of justification) demonstrate that it doesn't, a fitted boot is not fit for purpose. Of course, if they just buy it off the internet and it doesn't fit, that's their own silly fault.

This is probably why most of the big retailers have a "we will get it to fit or your money back" guarantee, because they are going to get very bored and tired fighting every small claims court refund if they don't.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i certainly know of one small retailer (not myself) who has won that battle when it comes to a ski boot, he proved that he followed all the protocols and demonstrated that he had done everything in his power to give the best fit based on the information that the customer had given, the rules change as soon as a product is modified to fit around the foot, it is then a custom made product (or custom fitted product) the customer has to take the decision as to if they trust the fitter to make those modifications to a level that they will be satisfied with)

in this case the customer decided that they were not willing to make additional journeys to the store to have the boot adjusted and tried to make a claim based on that they weren't perfect after the initial fitting

if you read the small print on these "we will get it to fit or your money back guarantees" let me know what you find... the conditions are so tight.

i have no intention of fighting with people so long as they hare honest about what they say when they come for a fitting.... but a guy who has skied 2 weeks and is happiest skiing icy black runs is a blatant liar or has fallen victim to the fastest learning curve i have seen in a long time

whilst we can offer advice and fit to what our experience has shown us we have to rely on feedback and the customer taking a little bit of responsibility in the purchase... we could take the approach of another shop i know, they measure your foot (very roughly, and allow a finger in front of the size) then bring out 6 boots and let you try them all on..... you choose what you want....and if there is ever a problem the stock answer is well you bought them, the shop didn't sell them to you (and i swear i have heard that said)

oh and just a s afoot note (pardon the pun) trading standards is there to protect the retailer as well as the consumer (though most people think that they will always back he consumer)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy