Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telepeage tag

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks everybody for your advice, I ordered a APRR one and now have it.
It even suggested there is an offer on currently where the 10 euro charge comes off your first bill and that the monthly charge when used is only 1.5 euros if you choose on line billing.

Where are the sensors which pick up your tag?
Just wondering whether it will be picked up quicker from the front window or sunroof?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Llew, The detectors are aimed at the tag being attached behind your rear view mirror.
The first time you use it on each journey there is a slightly longer delay than usual so don't fiddle with it!
If you are heading out of Calais the first gate is a new 30kph one but the majority you do have to slow to a walking pace once at the barrier.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Boredsurfing,
I wasn't planning on attaching my tag as its likely to be very occational use, therefore was just wondering where the detectors are located to allow the earliest detection?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Blu tack it to the windscreen behind the mirror or chuck it on the dash - both work for me
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The new tag is really small and is attached permanently to our windscreen near the mirror.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
because we use ours on different cars we attach it with velcro patches which works very well Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Llew, you could just wave it out the window as you approach. Not very safe on the dash I guess.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think the holder for ours is clipped into the bigger car we use in the winter so I slip it out of that if I am taking my Ibiza in the summer.

Of course it didn't work for me on most of the journey down to LG when on my own - probably because I was waving it about in a bit of a frantic panic and ended up taking a ticket - then found that if I got out of the car and started to walk round the front that the barrier would then go up. Moral is don't panic - when I picked up my OH later in the week at the airport he held it still and calmly and of course it all worked like clockwork.

When our son has used it in his Clio with some sort of fancy windscreen then his GF has to be much more careful exactly where she holds the tag, and maybe out of the window.

If I am driving on my own and have all this bits and pieces like this, specs, wallet etc I tend to have a small basket on the passenger seat so it all stays together and doesn't fly round the car.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing wrote:
because we use ours on different cars we attach it with velcro patches which works very well Very Happy

Agenterre could confirm but I think you can order more than one badge on the same account
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Only know about the Sanef ones, but pretty sure you can get extra 'holders' for free from the offices en route.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mines an old Sanef one another holder would be excellent, I'm not sure I could care for two tags, I have enought trouble remembering where I have put the current one in between trips and when I'm out there Laughing
I never leave it in the car in case some twonk breaks in to steal it, also have heard stories of them being borrowed and then returned during holidays by 'friends' of chalet staff.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, I don't think a 'twonk' in Durham would know what to with a badge anyway, so it does stay in the car. I'd forget to take it otherwise.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hells Bells, I meant Twonks in France Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stays in the car here too. It would take them a couple of hours to get to the autoroute from here, so a badge isn't much use to most of the locals.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hi all,

I have the APRR tag I first got in 2008 and I've not used it for many years now. However I am back driving through France in a few weeks.

I suspect the battery will be dead and the credit card linked no longer valid. Does anyone know if I ring APRR if they speak English? My French isn't going to be good enough to explain the above to them!!

Cheers,

greg
snow report
kitenski, you could always log in to your owner area, and send them an email through there. (Badge/account number and password is your postcode if you've never done it before). I've rang them before but I did speak to them in French. OUr badge we bought in 2005 was still going strong in 2010, it wasn't replaced due to a dead battery. I think if your card has expired, they will send you a bill.
ski holidays
Hells Bells, good idea, however the logon at http://www.aprr.fr prompts for an email and then says I'm not registered??
ski holidays
kitenski, you're on the wrong page then, there's two log-ins for some reason. I'll post you the link in a minute when I find it.
latest report
Here we are http://www.aprr.fr/fr/abonnes

You need to click on the Abonnés Liber-T page on the website, but that link will take you there.
latest report
kitenski, good luck with this it is a PITA in my experience earlier this year. If only you could fully manage your account online it would be so much better but you can't. I needed to update my card details. I emailed them but was told I would have to call them. I called them and spoke to them in french, I then emailed them to confirm the changes had been made and they replied yes. We then went on holiday and guess what? Yep no 'bip sonore' at the barrier Evil or Very Mad We also tried handing over the tag at the booth too as we weren't sure if it was a battery or account issue. This was over New Year so no joy in contacting them whilst we were away, they did not respond to emails. On my return I had to start the whole process again, ringing and emailing. In the end the woman dealing with it sent me screen shots of their system showing my account 'en cours'. Feb 1/2 term I waited with bated breath at the barrier and thankfully it worked this time.

I can probably fish out the email address of the woman who sorted mine out in the end.

If your CC expires with APRR they don't send you a bill, they suspend your account.
snow report
You can buy them in England and do it all in English/Yorkshire Toofy Grin
https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/
But you may pay more than dealing with the French in French France.
latest report
sarah, someone on here said their badge worked despite the credit card expiry and APRR sorted it out afterwards. I don't have any experience of problems, as I sorted out a change of card with them without difficulty.
snow conditions
Hells Bells, that's good, they were lucky then. I do remember reading something to that effect on here too but wasn't that a different operator? I think it was Megamum ??

All I know is that in my case the expired credit card triggered an account 'suspension', updating the credit card did not automatically lift that suspension. So whilst the credit card details were then valid the account was still blocked. The block had to be manually lifted. Sounds like a great IT system they have there rolling eyes

I had long conversations and email exchanges with them about it and now have a useful list of relevant french vocab for dealing with this Laughing
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
You can buy them in England and do it all in English/Yorkshire Toofy Grin
https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/
But you may pay more than dealing with the French in French France.

True but very easy to sort out. Mine arrived within a couple of days.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy