Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The big plan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I my part of the world (North Coast of Ireland) we aren't blessed with alot of snow or big mountains, however last year we had over 40 days of snow on the ground. (3 miles from the sea/ 30m above sea level).

With forecasts of a colder winter, I am ready for it this time. If we get significant snow (30cm+) followed by a cold snap, I plan to doze snow into a "piste" of maybe 60cm of compacted snow.

Piste bashing will be carried out by a "Power Harrow" or heavy roller.

I have wanted to do this for years, but apart from last year, the last decent snow we had was in Dec/ Jan 1995/1996 when we had 8 inches and lows of -13.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnboy, I can see another bash developing. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
geepee,

If it were to get cold enough for the land to carry tractors and trailers, I would harvest snow of anywhere I could and concentrate the effort on 1 field of maybe 300m length. Dump as much snow as I could on the piste and pack it in.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i love this plan and think you should video a time lapse of it in the making. Or start a thread on here dedicated to its creation.
What about a winch with a drag lift on a piece of rope?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnboy, sounds like a plan to me, what are you going to do to the piste base before the snow hits, for example short grass wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnboy, Alternatively, in case the Snow Gods aren't watching you could always scout out a downhill lake and wait for it to freeze over.

(An old joke , I know) Embarassed
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
build a snow park Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
livetoski,

Grazing it down with cattle, and will put sheep on it in November.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy,
If only I still lived at home. My mate has a farm in Comber and I would have happily filled a couple of silage trailers and hauled ass up the road to help the cause. With my skis of course Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Currently down to 6 deg (Sea level) with heavy showers on the Northern Breeze. A drop of a few degrees and we could have a dusting on the Sperrins tonight!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy