Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la tania chalet mongellaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
any one been to chalet mongellaz if so what did they think as im off there in january what is the skiing like there etc
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Tania is beautiful... Nestled in the trees and the blue and green runs home at the end of the day are steep and long enough to give yourself a real burn for that last run... The place has 2 bars (tiger bar being the best) and location wise you are 2 (I think) lifts from being in central to everything 3 vallees...

I love this place as a winter destination... Slightly quieter than the other towns here but for beauty, easy access, bar(s), and decent runs into resort... you will be sorted...

Hope this helps
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed in La Tania a few years back, not in chalet mongellaz so can not provide anything on the chalet itself. Most of the chalets are above the main village and have easy access to get onto a slope to ski down to the village and main lifts. We opted for a Courchevel area lift pass and found there was enough for us for the week.
I did particularly like the red runs on the furthest left of the piste map. They were quiet and felt like you were in the wilderness.
Skiing is very varied and probably has something for everybody.
Piste side restaurants can be expensive, especially the one over looking the airport.

What type of skiing are you looking for?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
La Tania has an exceptionally good unofficial website
www.latania.co.uk
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't comment on the chalet. Stayed La Tania twice though and really liked it. Main bar - Ski lodge - is always bustling, good for food and prices are more reasonable than elsewhere. Also like the Bouc Blanc at the top of the gondola. Mongellaz is at the top of the resort - not sure if you can access piste directly from it though. But you won't be far away from a piste in La Tania that will get you down to the gondola. Used Ski Higher for kit - decent enough.

You have access to the Three Valleys, so more slopes than you can shake a ski pole at, but unless you have a specific reason for leaving Courchevel valley then there's no need to get the full three valley pass - you can always upgrade for a day if required. Free drag in La Tania will be useful for absolute beginners and to get the cobwebs off for an hour on Sat afternoon.

Blue run into, Folyeres (sp?) is fun roller coaster with a few trickier bits near the end. The green run is far from dead easy and gets very flat at the end.

If you can't find the info you need on www.latania.co.uk then it probably doesn't exist.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks for all the comments i cant wait i am quite new to skiing and but confident enough thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have been in the chalets next door to Mongellaz which are identical build.. pretty good from what I remember. A 10mins walk from town and not to far from the piste, you can be naughty and ski down the drag lift (which is hardly ever running) to the lift station.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy