Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

idea's for a group of mixed ability boarder's and skiiers.

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I'm organising a trip due to the college run alternative being extortionate in price.

The location needs to provide lots and lots of off piste terrain for the advanced boarder's and skiers, but at the same time piste skiing must be available so that the rest of the party are occupied, night life is pretty important and a decent park/half pipe wouldn't go a miss either.

Depending on when the conditions are more favourable it can be over the February half term or just before Easter.

It needs to be in Europe as some of the group aren't wanting to spend a fortune because skiings not such a big thing for them, which crazy as it is, has to taken into consideration.

I've got a few resorts in my mind but I was just wondering what other people would suggest? personal opinions would be good aswell.

Cheers
George
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
milnerhome, my usual answer is espace killy, especially tignes. lots of various things to do for everyone. however, i've never been in the mayhem that is feb half-term, so i'm guessing it's not a good place to be. depending on the number of people in your group, it can also end up being expensive.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe the Espace Killy in early April - conditions should be really good, accommodation cheaper and the slopes much less crowded. Val D'Isere, I suppose, if you want the night life. not cheap though, and neither are the other obvious contenders - e.g. Verbier. How are you going to undercut the college trip price?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the suggestion of Killy, had thought about it previously but it makes more sense now, has anyone been during the time I'm thinking of going? (easter or just before)

well considering the college want £950 for 5 days skiing in Pila, travelling via coach and staying in a garbage bin, I can't imagine it'll be too hard to find a cheap package deal which undercut's their price.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
milnerhome, yes, that does sound very pricey. Shocked Shocked There's no problem with snow up there - obviously earlier in April better than later. I've skied up there just for a day in mid April with my son, who was working there, and there was loads of snow. You'll get more details from people who have spent more time, and done more of the off piste. He thought that was the best time of the season - long days, sunshine, not too busy.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I can't believe how they've manage to pretty much fill up the trip already Shocked

I must admit, I'm not a great fan of Easter skiing, would much rather to be skiing in heavy snow and cold temperatures than sweating my back bottom off in a t-shirt but I'm hoping to go on a specifically off piste holiday in February half term, easter's more sacrificing the skiing for a holiday, wierd.. I know. Laughing
Still a few alternative ski area's but Killy's looking rather favourable at the moment.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
milnerhome, given the altitude available in the Espace Killy, you are probably more likely to be battling snowfalls than sweating in a T shirt in the first half of April. I've skied every April for the last 8 years and have yet to ski in a T shirt, at much lesser altitudes, and there are usually some good fresh snow falls, albeit they don't last long on the lower slopes. The wind chill on the Grand Motte is forecast to be in the minus 20s next week.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Please get rid of the apostrophe in the title, please.
For suggestions, it is difficult to see beyond Tignes. Verbier would be an alternative, or Cervinia.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

the apostrophe

just the one?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
obviously another failure of new labour's education system..

Considered Cervinia, last time I visited I found the ski area a bit "bleak" probably just the conditions at the time. Drag's have to be taken into consideration so that the boarders don't moan so much.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
milnerhome, fair comment. Though I am sure there was a labour govt in the 1970s.

If I haad to deviate further. my fave would be Sella Ronda. We also have a flat in St Gervais. For a late Easter neither is snow-sure even though 97% of the time both would be great. For early April perfect.

Drag's !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
milnerhome, have you been to the Espace Killy? I haven't been to Cervinia but the word "bleak" can certainly spring to mind in Tignes on occasion. It can be a very harsh place on the wrong day. Not a tree in sight, wide open spaces swept with wind, and punishingly cold. But on a nice Spring day when skiers in lower resorts are swimming around in slush you might be very glad you're up there!

I don't think I'd choose the Espace Killy for February half term, though. Too full of Brits, for a start. And more likelihood of good snow in other places where you don't have to take out a mortgage for a beer and a pizza AND have to pay to take a leak.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you want off piste guiding one of the most cost efficient ways is with UCPA - they do both full and half time guiding / instruction depending on the centre from beginners right through to off-piste groups which is perfect for a large mixed ability group - you can ski hard with your guided group up to your own standard and group back up in the evenings etc. Accommodation is dorm style but the food is generally good and hearty and ski passes are included in the price - along with equipment hire for anyone who needs it. And the best thing is that the centres are all 18-40 so no kids - even in half term. If your interested see www.action-outdoors.co.uk and use the discount code SP2010 to get £10 off for each of your group members.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
some centres have double rooms available too, at a modest extra charge. Flaine, for one.
snow conditions
pam w, I haven't been too Espace Killy myself, but it does sound pretty similar to Cervinia. I'm not too bothered but I know a few of the group will be, just trying to cater for everyone.
The trip will now not be during February half term.

sarep, thanks for the info on the guiding and accommodation, Think we'll end up going for just a hotel or get a chalet, which would be sensible considering there will be quite a few of us going.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy