Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire Serre Che 1400

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to Serre Che 1400 (Villeneuve/Le Bez) Jan 2011. Looking to hire a pair of Salomon Ladies. Does anyone know who hires them in that locality? Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Elder Statesman, you will find most of the main ski hire places in the centre of Villeneuve - Twinners, Intersport etc plus a couple of smaller places. I was there for a week last season and recall good ranges of both Salomon and Rossignol. Most website offer a range of options typically available. Unfortunately, none guarantee availability and claim that the examples are representative.

If anyone here has any direct contact with any particular hire shops, I'm sure they'll be along with info - you can then make direct contact. You may need to be a little more specific about the model and/or what level/type of terrain the skis are required for.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elder Statesman, +1 what Chasseur says. If you are in Le Bez itself there is a row of shops just below e.g 5 mins walk at Hameau du Bez that has a hire shop - it used to be Lucky Loc but I know it has changed hands. I think it could be a Sport 2000 Luc Alphand place. The main shops are about 10 mins walk, but would suggest you take the car down.

Not sure what you mean by Salomon Ladies tho' wink Toofy Grin U looking for wimmin? Laughing

There is as least one big family owned hire shop down at Pra Long which is where the main shops are. That seemed to have an extensive range of gear - and I could take you to it now, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name Embarassed We hired snow shoes from them [just to illustrate they do have wide range of stuff really].

Just wait for Hells Bells, she'll know!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MarjMJ, there's Regis Sports and Brechu at Pre Long.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks MarjMJ, I had totally forgotten the Sport 2000 Luc Alphand (how much must they have paid him??) - the shop is quite large and seemed well stocked. Plus a fair bit nearer to Le Bez than the main centre of Villeneuve (modern town).

MarjMJ wrote:
Not sure what you mean by Salomon Ladies tho' U looking for wimmin?

Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks to all for the info. I should have written Salomon 'Lady', the female version of Lord. That is the ski required. So it is a specific brand her ladyship must ski on next trip.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Thanks MarjMJ, I had totally forgotten the Sport 2000 Luc Alphand (how much must they have paid him??)

Yeah, and there's the one at the bottom of the big gondola in Chantemerle... Shocked

I knew you would know Hells Bells, I think I was thinking of Brechu.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MarjMJ, the old guy in there is a great bootfitter.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy