Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff Ski bus pickup to be centralized

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All.

Good News. Lake Louise have resumed the pick up from hotels. See below from the Banff Crag and Canyon:

[url] http://www.banffcragandcanyon.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2900002[/url]

All we need now is Sunshine to do the same!

Fantastic. But I do like Sunshine!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry. Link here: http://www.banffcragandcanyon.com/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good news. Surely Sunshine has to follow suit else it will lose trade against LL.

I see nakiska has hotel pick up. Honestly I reckon its worth a day, especially mid-week. it'll be empty. The blues are great and the monster glades add something.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just to add - it certainly used to be the case that if you had LL rentals you could leave them at the "adjustments" booth overnight for free - if they're your own then you can pay a couple of dollars. Boots would be better off in your hotel room anyway gently drying! Stick them together using the velcro and sling them over your shoulder.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Typical brinksmanship - I do hope some permanent damage has been done to their skier visits as retribution for being collectively a bunch of fools. I suspect British TOs will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of next years' negotiations based on a need to recover the Brit market.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
v1cky24 wrote:
saskew, I'm going mid jan, can't wait. This is a long awaited trip! 13 months without skiing is a long time snowHead

Far too long! We arrive 22nd, PM me if you're still there then and fancy a snowHead drink. Gotta warn you I'm a Mackem and hubby is a Yorkshire Mackem!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yellow Pyranha wrote:
v1cky24 wrote:
saskew, This is a good idea - cheers!

We will definitely be at Lake Louise for the first 3 days because we have ski school so I am going to leave everything there for then at least.

Actually, I think you can't leave your stuff overnight in the lockers at LL - I'm sure the signs say they are emptied nightly. Not sure there's an easy solution.

Left ours no probs every night last season, just hired the locker up front for the duration we were there. Hope the policy hasn't changed!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
saskew wrote:
v1cky24 wrote:
saskew, I'm going mid jan, can't wait. This is a long awaited trip! 13 months without skiing is a long time snowHead

Far too long! We arrive 22nd, PM me if you're still there then and fancy a snowHead drink. Gotta warn you I'm a Mackem and hubby is a Yorkshire Mackem!

Exciting!

Will be up for that. You can show us the hip places... Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
saskew wrote:
Left ours no probs every night last season, just hired the locker up front for the duration we were there. Hope the policy hasn't changed!

Ah, you've more recent experience than I have, which makes yours more valid! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Seen this today on sunshine website.

http://www.skibanff.com/archive/express-rolls

My hotel is listed as one of those where I can get a shuttle for $2 per trip.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not sure where the Brewster bus depot is, but those other locations dont look especially convenient for a lot of the Banff Avenue hotels
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
malcolm1,

Brewster bus depot is on the edge of town, off the norquay road but between town and the ice rinks. In fact it proabably backs onto railway
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gryphea wrote:
malcolm1,

Brewster bus depot is on the edge of town, off the norquay road but between town and the ice rinks. In fact it proabably backs onto railway

Railways station is behind it, sensible really if arriving by train, and the hospital is across the road - again handy I suppose Toofy Grin

Definately on the way out of town, the only thing after it is the railway crossing and the Banff sign Madeye-Smiley Deffinately not what I would call convienent Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bones, well, that's not strictly true Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
scotia, Toofy Grin You know what I mean Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Can anyone report how the centralised ski bus arrangements are working out? Is Lake Louise seeing an upturn in business as it is still arranging the hotel pickups?
snow report
Kini wrote:
Can anyone report how the centralised ski bus arrangements are working out? Is Lake Louise seeing an upturn in business as it is still arranging the hotel pickups?

...and actually opening their terrain because they haven't sacked important parts of their ski patrol wink
snow report
fatbob, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I went to lake Louise 6 days out of 9 because of the bus situation. The buses seemed emptier to sunshine. It's a real shame because I really enjoyed it at sunshine too, it was just too tempting to avoid the walk to the bus stop and get the bus from outside the hotel.
snow report
Thanks for the response. we cancelled our usual 2 weeks in Banff because of the bus situation.
We have just had a good holiday in Italy, but it wasn't as good as Canada.
We hope to go back to Banff next year, but won't consider it unless the Sunshine pick up is reinstated.
ski holidays
My colleague is due to go out in March and has been told by Inghams that Mt Norquay buses have started to go down the main avenue and picking up from hotels, so it appears to be only Sunshine who are holding out now.
ski holidays
Sorry to re hash an old thread, but good news for the 2011/12 season...

[Exert from press release March 7th, 2011]
Banff/Lake Louise Ski Resorts Announce Major Boost to Ski-Shuttle Service
Minimum Six Additional Banff Avenue Pickups Added For 2011/12 Season as World Famous Rocky Mountain Resorts Increase Service

The three world famous ski resorts in Banff National Park will invest in a significantly improved ski shuttle service for the 2011/12 season, adding a minimum of six major stops outside hotels on Banff Avenue.

The new pickups for all three resorts – Mt. Norquay, The Lake Louise Ski Area, and Sunshine Village – will be in addition to stops already at The Fairmont Banff Springs and the main downtown location behind the Mount Royal Hotel.

This season the resorts offered a variety of bus services, ranging from some hotel pickups to express service from centralized hubs. The resorts have always promised to review the service later in the season and this is the result. “Our customers spoke and the three ski areas listened in order to create a bus service they think will add to an already magical Rocky Mountain skiing and boarding experience,” said Ladd Snowsell, General Manager of Ski Banff Lake Louise Sunshine”.

The new shared and coordinated ski shuttle service will allow many of Banff and Lake Louise skiers and snowboarders to access all three mountains from pick up points either at, or very close to, their hotels. As well, the current hotel-to-resort direct service will continue in the hamlet Lake Louise.

Julie Canning, CEO of Banff Lake Louise Tourism added: “Banff National Park is always looking to enhance the high level of visitor experience here. Frequent ski shuttle service from many of our great hotels is what visitors asked for and the ski areas are delivering to make ski vacations even more enjoyable.”

The enhanced ski shuttle service will continue to be included in the traditional tri-area lift ticket price, or can be purchased separately for other ticket users. Final locations and schedules will be confirmed as the 11/12 season begins.
snow conditions
Excellent news!
We cancelled our trip this year because of the bus situation.
Ironically it seems there have been great conditions this year.
We are now planning a trip to Banff for next season on the strength of the news of the reinstated bus pickups.
ski holidays
I suspected this would happen. The situation will have had a significant impact on visitor numbers at Sunshine.

Hooray!
snow report
BestofBanff - What about the remainder of this year? We're arriving 23rd March. Will Sunshine be picking up at hotels again?
snow conditions
HarryOK - I just got back on Thursday from Banff, the Sunshine resort staff who looked after the buses did not think they would alter things this season. Those of our group who had been to Banff before found it a bit of a pain getting to the centralised pick ups. The rest of us who had not been before coped very well with hopping on the $2 roamer bus, the morning roamer and resort bus conected very nicley. On your way home you will get chance to fit a Downtown Banff beer whilst waiting for the roamer back to your hotel. Things have warmed up ab it for you now my first few days at -32'c were a bit unpleasant, hope you get the same powder and blue skiis we had. Enjoy yourself.
snow conditions
Thanks howie517 - Yes, Sunshine's our favourite resort and I'd heard that the situation at doentown has got better. Can't wait now!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy