Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski resort from Geneva by train

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am looking for a ski resort that is accessable from Geneva airport by train. Preferable with no bus transfer as one traveller (non skiier) has low mobility.

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sunnek, Zermatt and Champery are two that spring to mind. Champery requires a change at Aigle to get the cog railway up to Champery. I also believe that a change may be necessary for Zermatt, but I haven't done that journey.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Les Diablerets. It lovely, high and snow sure. Take the train from Geneva to Aigle, the opposite end of lake Geneva and then you transfer onto the mountain railway. I have done the exact same journey as me and my fiancee went for a weekend break to geneva and went here for the day. The journey hugs the northern shoreline of the lake and passed nyon, lausanne, montreux and then onto aigle. The resort is really rustic and full of charm, i want to go back there one day. And more info then just ask. Very Happy

There is a uk flag at the top to translate.

http://www.diablerets.ch/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Villars can be done with a change at Aigle as well.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sunnek, many many resorts, particularly Swiss ones are easily accessible by train. Actually, I'd expect almost if not all Swiss resorts are at least accessible, perhaps some less easily than others.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Both Les Diablerets & Villars are good suggestions (they link together). Crans Montana is another possibility (funicular for the final section into the village)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Vallorcine, Argentiere, Chamonix, they are all accessible by train from Geneva, change at Martigny then you get the spectucular part-cog railway, The Chamonix-Mont Blanc express, which goes as far as St Gervais. The train along the Chamonix valley is free for those staying in paid accommodation, from Vallorcine to Servoz, pick up the ticket from your accommodation.

There are loads more Swiss resorts which will be cheaper than Zermatt and accessible by train.
http://valais.ialpes.com/stations/stations-valais.htm
http://vaud.ialpes.com/stations/stations-vaud.htm
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, all of these above - Villars and Les Diablerets perhaps being the easiest. You can also change at Montreux from Geneva for a train which will take you over the mountains to Gstaad.

For Zermatt you need two trains (it used to be 3) - Geneva Airport to Visp (the Brig train), Visp to Zermatt. It's all very well linked and picturesque, but not the quickest of routes.

You can get a train (changing at Martigny) to Le Chable for the bubble lift up to Verbier as well.

All the details are here on the swiss railways site: (in english)

http://fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/query.exe/en?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy