Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Asymmetric Telemark/alpine hybrid binding setup?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got a really bad knee. The right one. I was joking casually with sig. other that it might be harder to turn left than right, due to the bad knee (the right one). It got me thinking...

For some reason, it's less painful when extended than when flexed, so does anyone have any experience of using a free-heel telemark binding on one ski, and a normal Alpine binding on the other. I was wondering whether this might be a good solution for next season because I've done a little bit of Tele and quite enjoyed myself, and reckon that it might be easier on my right knee if I kept it extended most of the time (by bending the other knee when making left turns, but keeping it relatively straight when making right turns).

Of course I would have to remember to put the appropriate ski on the appropriate foot, or there would be uncomfortable consequences, but that's a risk I'm prepared to take (I'll paint one ski a different colour from the other, or similar)...

Any thoughts on the viability of this would be appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Now you really are taking the wee wee but I'll pay good money for the video footage if you try it (or I'll even lend you a tele ski and boot to have a go at Hemel if you fancy it)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mr Technique, sounds good to me as long as you have professionally fitted foot beds.
What sort of hat would you wear?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I hear snowblades are good...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd fully convert to telemark if I really thought it was the only option for one of my knees. Remember you can always alpine turn on telemark skis
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you are not taking the proverbial then this is the advice you are looking for:

rambotion wrote:
I'd fully convert to telemark if I really thought it was the only option for one of my knees. Remember you can always alpine turn on telemark skis

Telemarking is far easier on the knees than alpine skiing, but your quads do have to be stronger / fitter.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
great idea i would also suggest using snowboard boots with this set up so your feet dont get sore and snowblades to make it easier to turn.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mr Technique,

Quote:

and reckon that it might be easier on my right knee if I kept it extended most of the time (by bending the other knee when making left turns, but keeping it relatively straight when making right turns).

A Tele-turn requires a bend in both knees wink But Tele is waaaaaay easier on the knees than alpine. But you will have to fully convert.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mr Technique, all true tele much better for the knees- this is counterintuitive but true.

Knees so much genteler.

Thighs, bum, heart and lungs however get completely wasted......after a full day or two on tele gear I have suffered extreme pain walking- going up and down stairs, sitting on the loo- or rather getting up again, night cramps so bad I couldn't sleep.

But apart from all that it is great (really).

Free your heels and free your mind

drop the knee and not the bomb

etc
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Drop the knee .. Squat to pee
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you go to the EOSB you can try my telemark snowboard . . . my knees were the only things that weren't fook'd Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy