Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

***SNOWBOARD INFO***

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondered if anyone can help me I'm new to boarding and have recently bought myself my first board a (option mirror) on the base of the board on the nose and the tail there are metal squares about an inch in size. I have never seen this on a snowboard before and was wondering if anyone knew what these were for. The only thing I can think of is if it's for grinding. Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
which year is it from? i just watched a
sierrasnoboards.com review of the 09 board, but it didn't have any metal on the base.

not sure you know, but option are defunct as of last year, with the 2008/09 season being the last boards produced. have they received backing since ~this time last year? i assume the 09 board he is talking about in that review is of the 08/09 season.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The year is 2008/2009 it's black White and orange. It's so strange never seen this on a board before

Do you know how to put photos on here and I will take some pics
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's just a design thing - an "Aluminum spray paint cap die cut embedded into base"
My '07 Burton Triumph has something similar embedded in its base too - sort of styalised 'T'
They're embedded into the base layer so won't be affected by waxing etc.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your help guys really appreciate it.

Rich
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was thinking about that board myself. bargain boards had it for about £250. How is it to ride? Found some varying reviews which put me off.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gainz wrote:
I was thinking about that board myself. bargain boards had it for about £250. How is it to ride? Found some varying reviews which put me off.

I haven't had a chance to ride it yet only bought it a few months back. Am taking it to Milton Keynes snowdome this comin week so will keep you posted
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy