Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer Discount

Poster: A snowHead
Hello All,

I have used Tonic/Ski Cab for the last couple of years for our airport to resort transfers. I just got an email from them with a discount code 1acd23x if you book through www.skicab.com. I have nothing what so ever to do with the company, but would highly recommend them as they have been excellent every time we have used them and hopefully it could save you a few quid.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dublinfella, Used it with and without code and it was the same!! Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Roy Hockley, me too
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
and we are certainly cheaper Geneva-La Plagne..........
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm, sorry about that. I haven't tried it, as we are going to Austria this year, but thought it might be of some use to other people. I am sure you could email the guys there and see what is the story. That, however, might also just be a bit of a pain. Dammit, to be for not checking, but assumed it would work as per last time.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No worries! I was just checking for "pig iron"
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The discount code 1acd23x works well... -5% on my skicab transfers! wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I wouldn’t recommend skicabs.com
We booked online and thought the quote good but it only after we’d paid that the transfer times were notified to us.
The pick up on the way home was 8!! Hours ahead of our flight time for a 1.15min journey.
It was a busy Saturday and so journey delay time had to be factored in but even so with heavy traffic we arrived at the airport with 6 hours to spare. They had previously refused to put back the pick up time and we asked to sit in the vehicle as it was cold outside and there was a queue to get in the airport. The driver refused as he had to get to Geneva for another pick up. Clearly they collected us 6 hours early because it suited them and not to ensure we got the flight during heavy traffic.
On the way to our resort he passed our accommodation and carried on up the mountain until we told him to turn around. He hadn’t researched the accommodation at all and then refused to take us to the door. We had to walk with cases and skis up to the chalet without knowing where it was and ended up going around the houses in the cold wet and dark to find it. When I asked to complain they told me ‘I was joking’. Will be submitting a formal complaint. Not recommended.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Maythorn, your timings don't add up. If your pick up was 8 hours before your flight, it would be about 5.5hrs before a recommended check in time at Geneva. Add in your transfer time and there's no way you had 6 hours to spare, or that you were collected 6 hours early.

On a busy Saturday I would be allowing at least 2 hours for a 1.15 min journey (which resort was it?). So in reality the latest safe pickup time would have been 4.5 to 5 hours before your flight time. So your driver collected you 3 hours too early, not 6 hours early...

I'm not saying you don't have grounds to complain (I don't know what the T&Cs were), but exaggerating your timings won't help your case.

As for not letting you sit in your vehicle at the airport because they needed to pick up another group... rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I didn’t say it was Geneva airport.... and I didn’t say pick up was 6 hours early.
The correct timings were that we were waiting for 6 hours at the airport and for 4 of those outside due to the capacity inside. Appreciate we needed to be there 2 hours before.
And my point was they insisted they were picking us up that early for our own interests to ensure we didn’t miss the flight when in reality they had to drive all the way to Geneva which wasn’t our airport and another pick up customer.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Maythorn, you did say that pick up was 6 hours early:

Maythorn wrote:
they collected us 6 hours early

Two hours before your flight is the minimum recommended for international flights, so 2.5 or 3 hours is reasonable in my opinion. So again, I think it's important to clarify that your driver only picked you up 3 hours too early (still annoyingly early, I agree), not 6 hours early.

You are right that I misread your airport as Geneva though, apologies for that.

Which resort / airport / day was it?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
When was your transfer? from where?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This morning from Val d'Isere to Grenoble airport, it took us 5 hours instead of 2.5!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah yes thanks. I did title it 6 hours early. Sorry!

The thing is there were other problems with skicab.com too

At the start the driver could open the ski locker so we had to help him lift it up to line up to get the pins out. This wasn’t actually a problem for us but then he clearly couldn’t pack the cases properly as he wasn’t packing the ski boots at the top or the large luggage at the bottom. Then when we got to Mont Albert he carried on past the village and we had to tell him to turn around. Then when we got to the village he parked the bus on a corner, left us and walked up the hill to check it out. He came back and then drove on but then stopped again. He again needed help to open the back and unsurprising the luggage fell immediately fell out due to the way it was all packed. The worst was we then had to walk to our chalet in the dark cold and wet with all our luggage not knowing where it was and using google maps and our initiative. We literally walked 15 mins to our chalet lugging everything which was really hard ending up with us having to slide down a bank to get in.
On the way back we were leaving Chambéry on a 3pm flight and they insisted on collecting us at 7. He was actually at the chalet at 05.30! Luckily we didn’t get on at that time.
We got to Chambéry in under 2 hours and the driver said the traffic was bad. So we were there by 9 for a 3pm flight. You may know how bad Chambéry airport is and we had to wait outside initially as the luggage couldn’t be checked in for some considerable hours and that airport is jammed packed on a Saturday. I suppose what was most annoying was the lie. If they had said ‘look we can only collect you early as we have a later collection at Geneva airport in the same vehicle’ then that would have been a bette roil to swallow rather than the weekend must collect you at 7 or you will miss your flight’.
When I contacted them about the issues Bertrand was rude and dismissive despite me being polite and courteous. Hope that explains it in a bit more detail.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
To clarify we had to walk as he wouldn’t take us to the chalet saying they was no turning area.
There actually was a turning area and they collected us from there turning.
When I say ski locker above, I mean ski luggage locker in the vehicle.
Also in my original post I must have had finger error as I meant collected at 7 and not 8 probably hence why you said my timings didn’t work out!
snow conditions
Strange!
I've used skicab several times without any trouble Blush , even when our flight was delayed, if your transfer was today, in my opinion it was safer to wait at the airport than rush at the last minute and miss the flight!
Bertrand (the owner I guess) was always helpful, maybe your chalet was not easy to find.
You're right, Chambery airport is hopeless, flights often delayed and no place to wait.
ski holidays
@Maythorn, thanks for clarifying. It does sound like the customer service side of things was a bit lacking.

It's difficult for me to comment on things like where you were dropped off as I don't know the company's policy / Ts & Cs. Certainly when we've taken (shared) transfers we have on occasion been dropped quite far from our accommodation.

I suppose on the plus side you didn't really miss any skiing time - at the latest you'd still have to have left by mid morning. I've also just been reading about the problems / cancellations / delays at Chambery today on another thread - it's possible that the queue outside the airport is an unusual thing and you were unlucky that an early arrival at the airport happened to coincide with this.
latest report
@Maythorn, I run transfers out of the Tarentaise and I'd pick you up at 7am for a 3pm Chambery flight as well. At 7, you will sail out of the valley and, yes, end up waiting ages at the airport. Leave at 9 and you'll probably miss your flight. (Assuming it was a Saturday).
ski holidays
It took me 4 hours to drive from Montchavin to Les Menuires last season on a Saturday in February
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy