Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

saalbach obertauren

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all

just wondered if anyone knows how far it is from obertauren to saalbach?

we are joining friends in obertauren for new year and then thought we would go to saalbach for 5 days......
so trying to work out if this is doable by taxi or bus? as we wont be hiring a car.

also can any one recomend accomadation in saalbach idealy ski in/out
cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check www.obb.at for bus/train timetables, google maps should be able to tell you the distance (sorry too drunk atm to do it for you lol).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Check www.obb.at for bus/train timetables

That's www.oebb.at - it's the umlaut that gives it the 'e'. By road it's about 70 miles and between 1.5 and 2 hours driving, depending on conditions. By public transport, the average time seems to be 4 hours. If you want a taxi quote, you could try www.taxirainer.at
We're fully booked between New Year and 8th Jan but you could try our Austrian friends in the same apartment house - www.lhu.at or the B&B pension next door - www.grafleiten.at
The ski lifts are directly acroos the road and you can ski back on several pistes, so you won't find a better location. If you have any problems let me know; I have a few contact details of helpful locals.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The actual train bit of this journey is just 1.5 hours ish, from Radstadt to Zell Am See. You can take a bus down from OT to Radstadt, and a bus from ZAS to Saalbach, if you want to do it all by public transport. You change trains in Bischofshofen.

From memory, the taxis in OT down to Radstadt are quite cheap, so if it were me, I think I would be tempted to do this bit by taxi, to take out some of the hassle, but doing the whole lot by bus & train is not a big problem. Very much depends on departure/arrival times though, as buses tend to get less frequent late in the evening or early in the morning.

Also look carefully at timing options as the bus-train-bus route seems to take 3, 4 or 5 hours depending on which one you get. Bus from OT at 09.50am gets you to Saalbach in 3 hours, but the one leaving around lunchtime takes 5. 3 hours is pretty reasonable, 5 is ridiculous as it's not all that far!

D
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

That's www.oebb.at - it's the umlaut that gives it the 'e'

I did say I was drunk lol
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy