Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heavy set up advice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey. Just looking for some advice.

I'm getting some Atomic Atlas in a 192 this season and was just going to set them up with some rossi bindings I have. Exciting.

Or

Was thinking about getting either some dukes or barons for quick tours for snow. Not going to be doing half day tours on these. I'm 5 11 and about 13 stone and will be using for new snow. Ski as hard as I can but no 50 foot hucks.

I know this is going to be heavy but ok for 1-2 hours of up or is that a killer?

I heard the barons go up to 13 and a bit this year and I can now get a 325 bsl into the small as they got a bit bigger. I ride my dins at 11/12. For any of you who have skied these will the barons do for me? Will i notice any more slop on the barons than the dukes or is the weight saving worth it? Do you really feel a difference between the duke and baron-weight and performance?

I hate the white and orange dukes. Not that it matters or anything etc.

Thanks J
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The weight differences between the four bindings are minimal. Forget whatever Marker publishes, these are the actual weights of last seasons (all with 110mm brakes) using my v.accurate digital postal scales & I can't see how the weight differences will change this season:

Large Duke: 1376g each
Small Duke: 1354g
Large Baron: 1324g
Small Baron: 1312g

The Dukes/Barons are very forward pressure sensitive so if you've got a 325mm boot I'd get the large.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I find my barons fine for 2-3 hour hikes, wouldn't really want to do much more than that though. Perfectly good as an every day resort binding too. My DIN is somewhere around 9 or 10 though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have some Duke's on my 182cm Punishers and they are fine for a hour or two, heavy, but passable.

I would say either would suit fine, but if you ski on 11 or 12 then perhaps the Duke will simply last longer as you wont be at the max on the tension.

Either way, worth turning them down in the summer!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys. I guess the toss up was dukes v alpine as I can't see the point of the baron for me after Spyderjon's and others comments.

I went for the dukes in the end so if anyone finds me unconsious on the mountain can they just point me downhill please. J
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy