Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Newcastle -> Scotland ?

Poster: A snowHead
Hey I was wondering if there are any coach sort of trips that go from Newcastle up to places like Glenshee?

Id love to go on one but dont know if they even exist. The reason i prefere to go to scotland is because i have M.E and i can only do 2 days of skiing before i get to tired and have to go home.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there

What to do is go to Glencoe or Aviemore

For Glencoe
Get the train from Newcastle on a friday after 3pm and get to Crianlarich at 8pm. The Crianlarich hotel is 100m from the train and runs a bus shutle to Glencoe.
No train back on a sunday according to the trianline but that site is often wrong.

Or go to Aviemore by Train from Friday to sunday.

Aviemore is probably best for a weekend since you can leave at various times on a sunday.

cheers
Bob
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
oh my god thankyou SO MUCH !!!!!!

I desperately want to go to scotland a lot this winter but i depend on my dad to drive me up,, and i failed my driving test epicly so i cant drive (im 1Cool.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any chance you can give me the name of the hotel that does the shuttle bus? It sounds PERFECT for me.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Er... The Crianlarich Hotel maybe?

http://www.crianlarich-hotel.co.uk/

Have a look at the section on skiing breaks.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
£25 a night is a very good price ! also "Ski passes are available to purchase at the hotel to avoid any queuing at the resort." WOW ! NICE !

So for a train return £150 + 2 days lift passes £50 + food £50 + £50 hotel = £300 for a STRESS FREE weekend,,, love it thanks so much for sharing this with me.

Edit : Can you give me any information about the coach to and from the hotel, like times or journey duration?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why don't you e mail the hotel to ask?

I wonder whether you might not be able to get a cheaper train fare if you booked in advance? 150 quid seems quite steep even by British train standards...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What's the bus service like for skiers between Aviemore and Cairngorm? I've seen the bus timetable - but can you reasonably expect to squeeze on with your skis most of the time? I am thinking of making a visit by train next season when conditions look good.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh wow ,, stupid me for thinking thetrainline.com was there to save me money,, i went directly to virgin trains and found it was only £58 reutrn ,,, thats less than half the price ..
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles wrote:
What's the bus service like for skiers between Aviemore and Cairngorm? I've seen the bus timetable - but can you reasonably expect to squeeze on with your skis most of the time? I am thinking of making a visit by train next season when conditions look good.

Scottish trains are modern and comfortable

YMMV with the local bus particularly on a Sunday. Hitchhike up the Glenmore road!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
your lucky its only £58, for us It'd be £112 one way to avimore Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
milnerhome wrote:
your lucky its only £58, for us It'd be £112 one way to avimore Sad

lol where do you live? cornwall?

im in newcastle but still its a very long way, for £60 RETURN i think its a steal !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What to do is have a look at split ticketing.

For example 10th december
Newcastle to Glasgow on 7.41 train £9.35 Arr Glasgow central 10.30
Newcastle to Glasgow on 8.41 train £16 Arr Glasgow central 11.30
Have some food in nearby pub.
Train from Glasgow 12.21 to Crianlarich arr 14.09 £21 return
Come back on Monday 13th 13.36 then get train to Newcastle at 18.30 for £9.35
Total cost £39.70

Or for Aviemore.

Newcastle to Aviemore is the best fare direct from east coast. 2 singles 06.25 or 7.41 train up £22.70 Grab afternoon on slopes

Back on Sunday (after a day skiing) on 16.55 train via edinburgh. for £22.70.
£45.40 for the train in total. to Aviemore.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh wow thanks, its only 20 minutes drive from aviemore train station to get to cairngorms ski area.

Which bus company or coach company do you use to get there? from aviemore.

Edit : WOW have been looking around at trains and found a DIRECT train from newcastle all the way to aviemore for only £15 ! its unbelievable lol,, it costs me doubble that to go to leeds and thats only 1hr and a half away lol !
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sainter,

what dates is that train though?

I'm down in Holmfirth, nearish to leeds.
snow report
That was from newcastle to aviemore on Monday 6th of december £20 DIRECT. Its insane....

Milnerhome can you suggest any hotels near aviemore train station that offer a bus shuttle service?
ski holidays
What train is that?
latest report
nationalrail.co.uk

ALSO try virgin trains,, but i dont think they go direct.

tip: DO NOT go through thetrainline.com ,, it was quoting £150 to go to Crianlarich and i went to virgin and it as only £60
snow report
about £60ish return if I get to York station first.
snow report
Thats still an amazing price dont you think?
latest report
regarding hotels in aviemore with a bus shuttle service, I don't know of any offering that service, I normally stay outside of town.

Its a good price, but I'd prefer to be in Fort Bill NehNeh not been to glencoe yet, if they have a really good few days I'll get on the train.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy