Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 - Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
phindme, ohh wait im getting confused im thinking raider!! the k2 amp series has always had too similar names! sorry buddy! (raider was a little higher range but still a lovely ski!)

They changed the names cos really they are completely new skis and they wanted to stress this! phindme,
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stress, stress, they stress me with their name changes, i was just get the hang of the old names! Wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So did i! i still havent got the hang of the new ones!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sainter,

You don't need to spend £500 on skis for you. In fact at between £300 and £400 you will be more than covered and even less if you get a pair of last years maybe!

If you are looking for a TYwin Tip then something easy like the Aramda El Ray, K2 Extreme, K2 Silencer, Salomon Knight. All are relitively soft skis than are great all over and woudl be more ideal. The K2 Extremes are the stiffer of those 4 IMO.

In terms of turning, with a stiff ski you will tend to do the 'UK Skiiers Skid' which is throwing your bum out as far as you can to skid the skis round rather than using the skis them self and un-weighting your skis by using your knees and the flex of your boots.

With a softer ski you may still do this, but it makes it easier to try and ski properly without putting in too much effort.

One this worth asking is did you buy a decent pair of footbeds with your boots as this will help with the fatigue?

I can't look at the LD website now, but I will check it tomorrow and see if they have anything that may work for you, IMO of course Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jimmythefoot wrote:

One this worth asking is did you buy a decent pair of footbeds with your boots as this will help with the fatigue?

I can't look at the LD website now, but I will check it tomorrow and see if they have anything that may work for you, IMO of course Smile

Next he is going to be asking your arch size! watch out jimmythefoot has a bit of a fetish!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks jimmythefoot for the advice.

In regards to the foot bed, I think i have a good one, It was moulded to my foot using the heat thingy (very technical terminology).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You mention Armada El-Reys, does anyone know of any shops in the uk with stocks of armada skis or clothing in fact, i've only ever seen a few online places, if it was somewhere that did demos, whoooaaaa, i could be sorely tempted to try a pair of those el-reys. i did see a guy with some but even i did find him again i doubt i could convince him to let a stranger try his skis Sad not that i know if i'd like them but i'd like to try.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Simon @ The Ski exchange or ski simon on here is selling clothing and skis, not sure if he will demo any or not though...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dansmith wrote:

Next he is going to be asking your arch size! watch out jimmythefoot has a bit of a fetish!

Arch size......

That is a weird thing to say, lol, must be one of those French Biomechanic courses............Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sainter, IMO there isn't really much there for what you want, some great skis, but nothing I would sell you. The only lower end twin tip is the Afterbang, but I think it skis better backwards! A bit like the old Movement Joystick.

I'm not the biggest Salomon fan, but the Knight wouldn't be a bad option and way cheaper than £550!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Acutally the Xwing 8 wouldn't be too bad and the Nordica Sportmachine 74, but neither are twin tips if thats what you want.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
can't believe these skis were sold to you, I suspect I know who sold them but am genuinely surprised that they would let you buy them if you gave them an honest appraisel of your abilities. Must have needed to shift some stock. Sad I agree with everyone else here about taking them back and getting some softer twins - new silencer is good at pretty much everything and is forgiving enough to start out on.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy