Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

April snow conditions in Lech?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What is the snow generally like in April in Lech?
I believe it's quite sunny in Lech which suggests it's not so good towards the end of the season - right?
We've never been there; thinking of going for 1 week 9 April & looking for something different from our usual April choices of Courchel, Val Thorens, Tignes.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One of the best snow records in the Alps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know it has a lot of snow depth, but I'm guessing that'll mean a lot of slush late season on the sunny side of the valley where Lech is...?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've regularly skied in Lech in April. It's been great every time and no problems with the snow. Obviously it's spring so it will tend to be soft in the afternoon and hard in the morning. With corn snow to be found in between!

Like any spring skiing you need to pay attention to the the altitude and aspect you are skiing and choose accordingly.

But I've also frequently had heavy fresh snowfalls in April in the Arlberg too and when the sun shines the evenings are long, sunny and perfect for lazing on a terrace with a cool drink. Can't fault it really... Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How are the key joining routes between Lech & Zurs, given that they're ski routes and not pistes?
A couple of my party are put off by the prospect of lack of regular grooming and moguls with no alternate routes.
Are these routes actually skied so much, and by all levels, that there really is no problem?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
petem77, I'm guessing you mean the routes down from Madloch to Zug and Lech. It's rare they get especially mogulled, they are pisted every now and then and as you say they are used frequently. The terrain though is quite varied and uneven at times and once you leave Madloch you are committed. I would probably avoid taking beginners down there if it were me.

Have a look at the Weisse Ring website.

Obviously you could ski perfectly happily in Zurs all day long and get one of the regular busses back or the cable car down from Rufikopf if you wanted to avoid using one of the ski routes from Madloch.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's possible to ski from Zurs across to the Rufikopf (perhaps via a lift or two)? - it looks on this piste map http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Lech/pistemap_full like this is not possible.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
petem77, fair point I had assumed that there would be a lift running back up to Rufikopf from the Zurs side, but taking a closer look it was just my imagination... There are regular busses between Lech and Zurs though I promise! It takes ten minutes.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
petem77 wrote:
What is the snow generally like in April in Lech?

Perfect Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
April is a great time to go I've had some of the best spring skiing ever there and if you are prepared to hike for some turns you can really have a great time.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I believe there are some flat & some uphill sections - are these in key unavoidable places?
How widespread are they?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

some uphill sections

Puzzled maybe the person telling you this was facing uphill rather than downhill...

Seriously, no more than most resorts.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nozawaonsen wrote:
maybe the person telling you this was facing uphill rather than downhill...

Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy