Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Coches - Paradiski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Les Coches - appropriate for 16th Dec if snow is a bit thin on the ground at 1400 ? are the lifts good/busy/convenient/quick/bottle-necked etc to higher pistes ? lively night life or quite ?

Any info, as always, very much appreciated snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rayscoops, Heather who runs Ice-Fire users SH's I am sure she will be along soon to give you all the info Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rayscoops, Be aware that Le Coche does not open until December 18th this year and Paradiski does not open until 19th in practice last year this meant the Vanoise Express operned on that day and all lifts were open, some minor lifts were closed and a couple of the reestaurants didn't open or offered a smaller menu. But it is a great time to ski as the pistes are in very good condition and it is very quiet, (La Plagne centre etc open on December 12th, however the villages open on the 18th) http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter-holidays/introduction/the-grande-plagne/les-coches.html
http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter-holidays/ski-area/ski-area.html
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would not have thought it would be the best choice for early season.

Village is very quiet not that that was an issue for us. Don't remember it having much character but less of an eyesore than some of the areas higher up.
We went early feb and the slopes above les coches were icy in the afternoons - ok in feb but would not fancy it early/late season.
Having also stayed in les arcs I much prefer les arcs as a ski area. If I were going back to la plagne I'd stay higher up.
I think if you want to ski both les arcs and la plagne peisy vallandry area would be your best bet as a base.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went a few yrs back to Les Coches for a New Yrs trip and snow was not great in the village. You could only just ride back to the lift in Les Coches (could catch bubble back down) and as snowymum said, the runs back were death traps after 2 pm (when the sun vanished off the slopes).... Very busy, slow and icy as hell...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks guys for your help snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rayscoops, I have been to Les Coches twice mid-December for long weekends. One year snow was excellent and the other there hadn't been that much but conditions on piste were nevertheless pretty good largely due to extensive snow-making. They need to keep things very skiable round there as it's the first impression those off the VE get of the La Plagne side. BTW La Plagne itself was good/excellent on both occasions.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rayscoops, nice place but quiet. As has been said, very low for that time of year so might not be snow plus Van express closed. Better off in Plagne Centre or Les Arcs.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do you really need to visit Les Coches at that time Sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi,

The La Plagne and Les Arcs domains open seperately on the 11th December with Les Coches and the other villages opening on Saturday 18th, so there shouldn't be any problems with lift operation etc when you arrive on the 16th.

Snow wise there is usually plenty in Les Coches at the beginning of the season but there is good snow making right down to the village just in case. The first Saturday of the season is usually one of the best ski days around because the runs are freshly groomed and there's no-one on them because they're all still on their transfers on the way in!

Les Coches itself is pretty and traditional with a pedistrian centre. There is a selection of small shops, bars and restaurants in the town and it's got a nice, friendly feel at night. For a bit of a boogy head to le pub which often has music on, or get the free bus to Montchavin where there's a little nightclub.

Hope that helps? Please feel free to pm me if you've got questions.

Best wishes,
Heather
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy