Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thollon-les-Mémises - what's it like?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, can anyone help with info on Thollon-les-Mémises.

I have the opportunity to buy a property in Thollon - long story but geat opportunity to buy at a good price. Problem is I can only get out to see the property and area in October half-term so I’m obviously not going to get a feel for it as a ski resort.

Looking at it as a year round base but mainly for skiing. I know it is faily limited but it is also close to Portes du Soleil which is the main attraction for skiing.

I've looked through the resort threads but Thollon doesn't seem to feature in any.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jools
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jools P, i am looking in this area too, this thread had a bit about thollon, mainly from a snowhead with a place there, seem your cash goes a lot further here, and would be really interested to hear what you find out on your trip at half term.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=66108&highlight=
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jools P, I've never been there but it's a very pretty area - we have friends with a place in Bernex, which isn't far away. A half term visit should give you a pretty good idea, and if you get anything like decent October weather there should be some super walking, and of course there's the lake, which is terrific in the summer. It's quite a long way from PdS - 30 minutes according to this http://www.skipass.com/stations/thollon-les-memises.html

I had to look up the French idiom "rester sur faim". Not good news - means to be disappointed.

As a year round place, much better than most ski resorts, but as a ski resort, very small but looks nice. If you can read French this thread on skipass.com has some comments and a great photo of Thollon

http://www.skipass.com/forums/sports/ski/freeride/sujet-105623.html

if you do a search on skipass.com there are a few mentions of Thollon.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jools P, Ive had a place in Thollon for the last twenty years and I know a number of English people in my block who have owned them for the same length of time, so I does have an attraction but will depend upon what you are looking for. There was a recent thread that Neilski, pointed to, but if you have specific questions then PM me.

Thollon in October will be very quiet, though you might see me if my back gets better and i can get up off the floor where I have spent the last week. Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BergenBergen, ouch Confused nothing worse than a bad back, a good red wine on a friday works wonders
if you dont mind i will send you a pm re thollons next week , am getting some info from a developer and could do with some feed back re location etc
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for repies. In Thollon this week and will provide an update when I return.

Cheers

Jools
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Apologies for the delay in providing an update (for anyone who may be interested), work has got in the way of all thoughts of skiing.

We went to Thollon in October half-term and overall we very impressed. The views of Lake Geneva were stunning and there we lots on good value properties. We decided against the property we had gone out to see as it was in Grand Roc and we felt it was too far out from the resort. Locals reported that your own transport is a must as local buses are unreliable. This said, Grand Roc is in a very impressive location and the views were fantastic.

Overall Thollon was very pretty and very friendly. It has certainly opened our eyes to considering the smaller resorts when skiing. It’s height and snow reliability is a worry but locals seemed to be happy with the snow for the last few seasons and the ski area (whilst small) was considered adequate. Most foreign owners we spoke to loved it and used their properties for all holidays – it proximity to Lake Geneva seems to offer good rental opportunities for summer lets.

We were quite taken by the village but didn’t feel we could judge it properly unless we see it during the ski season. We didn’t buy but we have an eye on a couple of apartments and we are planning another trip in February. Lots of deals available on property.

Jools
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy