Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bit of a vain question...

Poster: A snowHead
.. but I have sensitive skin which effectively leaves me looking like a beetroot at the end of a days skiing. I have many apres photos to prove it!

I have tried a variety of mask type things which I have found to be largely annoying and ineffective resulting in a clammy face which then gets colder still.
This year I'm going for a whole season and envisage my face looking like my 90 year old nans by April if I can't find better a solution.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
you could try kids 50+ sunscreen to start with and as you get used to the weather and sun reduce the factor

also, it maybe worth it if you are doing a whole season to have a chat with a dermatologist to see what they suggest
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dress up properly, like the young generation, yo! wink

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Dress up properly, like the young generation, yo!

if you go down Horizons route try looking for Airhole Masks they are pretty funky
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Airhole Masks

I'm very tempted to correct that for you.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bode Swiller, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Laughing @ Bode Swiller,
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 on the tall T and bandana suggestion,

The power of steeze will offer further protection.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Full face helmet with mirrored visor, a la The Stig Toofy Grin
So horizon which one of those low slung hipsters is you? wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
horizon wrote:
Dress up properly, like the young generation, yo! wink

Sorry but whats with all this wearing everything that a 30 stone, 7 foot tall man should be wearing look?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thefatcontroller, get with it granddad, ffs, lol, gyac, it's what all the park rats are wearing.

Plenty more where that came from - http://www.ninthward.com/
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dr John wrote:
thefatcontroller, get with it granddad, ffs, lol, gyac, it's what all the park rats are wearing.

Plenty more where that came from - http://www.ninthward.com/

If I put any of that stuff on I would be creating a new look called t.w.a.t. wink Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller, word.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I also notice in the picture that there is alot of "centre mounting" going on wink wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thefatcontroller, they borrowed it from old fatties like you in order to have more beer money. Laughing
ski holidays
livetoski wrote:
I also notice in the picture that there is alot of "centre mounting" going on wink wink

Good eye. Did you also notice the slightly short pole on the left hand side? Laughing
snow report
livetoski wrote:
In fact, probably the only mounting they get.
latest report
I assumed it was an advert for 'South Park the reality show'
latest report
Quote:

Did you also notice the slightly short pole on the left hand side? Laughing

Wow that is a short pole, WHY? Puzzled
latest report
Factor 40 does the trick for me. I don't wear anything on my face and mostly don't wear anything on my head either. Carry it with you and re-apply at dinner time.
snow report
grottieottie, I share your pain. Was like a beetroot when we skied in the cold of Whistler. I found out I have rosacea, which means that my skin gets irritated by triggers. Different people have different triggers. Once I did a bit of research, my triggers are ...cold Crying or Very sad ...sun. Crying or Very sad ..wind. Crying or Very sad .. which are unfortunately the great things about skiing and cycling. Here is a link to Patient UK about this. http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Rosacea.htm You may wish to speak to your GP.

I slap on LOTS of suncream e.g 30+ and use a cream which I got from the GP, but you can buy it over the counter. It is essentially a barrier, and if slathered on a regular intervals e.g. after applying the sunscreen seems to ameliorate my symptoms. I also found if I 'forget' to take off make up my face does react in the same way, and the cream makes your skin nice and soft. The cream is called Diprobase. My GP prescribed me a giant dispenser bottle of it, so I just decant it into little squeezy bottle from Superdrug to pop in my jacket pocket when I am outdoors anywhere.

Hope this helps.
snow conditions
livetoski, no self respecting park rat is going to have full length poles Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
livetoski, something to do with them getting in the way. And style, obv.

http://lineskis.com/poles/pin-pole
ski holidays
If its just blocking the effects of the sun, piz buin 1 day long has worked for me. Slap it on before breakfast so it has time to be absorbed by your skin before you sweat.
ski holidays
So, these dorks go into shops and buy poles 30% too short and pants 100% too long. That one second from left has his crotch 12" off the floor, or have his pants actually fallen down? Either way, any kind of stunt is going to be difficult.
snow conditions
Helmet and goggles is a start as this covers a lot. On top of this I use Factor ginga and re-apply at lunchtime.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
I knew the pic above would generate some comments. grottieottie, sorry for derailing your thread, but at least it's getting a lot of views.

I can't resist posting this superb pic of a tall tee-wearing park rat. I've never been able to look at it without laughing.

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the replys, I'm now thinking a tall tee might be what I need to distract people from my beetroot face, that last pic looks like E.T goes skiing. Have tried factor 50 and reapplying it seems to be the wind thats the main factor esp on the lifts.
ski holidays
grottieottie, Try a neck warmer as easy to pull up over face at short notice like when on a lift.

http://www.trespass.co.uk/section/accessories-6/neck-warmers-and-balaclavas-20/snowsports-jackets-79

As for the little hobbit above Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
I would suggest riemann p10 or p20. It is a once a day application that i really rate.

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=67412

As for the steeze, don't knock it, these dudes are taking our sport to new levels previously unseen!Shocked

Jiberish Winter 2010 - Do Werk [HD] from Junction 133
http://vimeo.com/9407174
latest report
I find on windy days that chap the face raw a buff (or buff clone) is the way forwards. A helmet may also afford some protection from the sun and wind esp. if it goes over the ears, Goggles, helmet and buff = face pretty much protected IMV. Kids factor 50+ is also a good suggestion and don't forget 50+ lip balm.
snow conditions
water
snow conditions
Try Dermalogica Climate Control and Barrier Repair creams, very good indeed. Or Avene Anti Redness Cream for Cold Weather Protection, not tried it but have used other Avene products which have been great.
snow report
Helmet, goggles, neck gaiter and Factor 70+ sunscreen, reapplied at lunch time when I remember. It's very unusual that I get any sort of goggle tan, and I'm on the hill 100+ days a season. Very Happy
ski holidays
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Joker-Neoprene-Snowboard-Ski-Full-Face-Mask-/190451262457?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Skiing_Snowboarding_Clothing_LE&hash=item2c57c7a3f9

how about this Confused
snow conditions
grottieottie wrote:
Thanks for the replys, I'm now thinking a tall tee might be what I need to distract people from my beetroot face, that last pic looks like E.T goes skiing. Have tried factor 50 and reapplying it seems to be the wind thats the main factor esp on the lifts.

Sounds like you may have a skin or bloodvessel problem. Go see a doc.
latest report
You can get the Buffs in a version that has a very high UV protection level. I wear them for mountain biking. They are easy to wear around your neck and pull up over your face.

Plus when putting block on do it in stages. 50 spf cream before breakfast, then another layer, then the stick block on top.
snow report
Ain't easy, being steezy.
snow report
It might sound a bit odd, but if you could get a helmet or woolly hat/balaclava with a peak (such things are made) it might be quite helpful in keeping a lot of the sun off of your face.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy