Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
Boredsurfing, the new bridge is nice, but why change the road, yet another lovely little off piste field gone.

Do not agree with you over the Derochoir. Even when it was well skied you could still find nice lines further left or right plus not being a piste kept a lot of poeple away that really should not be going off piste. The big sign at the start put them off. Sad

Now the sign will be gone, everyone will be going down there, falling through the snow bridges into the river, going to far left and getting stuck on the cliffs, trying to jump the waterfall. Just wait and see. Carnage is on it's way. Plusssss now I cannot enjoy the quietness of the place and you all know I am very selfish about some places. Evil or Very Mad

One thing though, my mate in the pisteurs office up by the lift reckons he will be very busy now. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowcrazy, It is a 'conservation' area so I guess the damage done by you guys wink has led to the creation of the piste in an effort to control and no doubt fence off the remaining area Toofy Grin
The old bridge and it's linking piste was a bit of a cobbled together path, so the new wider bridge will lead skiers directly down to the new lifts. The benefit to you is that previously there were two very wide pistes now there is one, so therefore there is more off piste powder to play in around there.
Well done thats two 'secret' powder fields you have revealed in one post! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, Toofy Grin Well done thats two 'secret' powder fields you have revealed in one post! Toofy Grin

Well at least people cannot say I am selfish and keep the places to myself all the time Twisted Evil
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowcrazy, Yep, there are plenty enough to go round paticularly on 'my' side of the VE Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you dont want to feel p*ssed off avoid the Bergerie webcam, they have started making the pistes on a glorious sunny afternoon!
http://laplagne.livecam360.com/bergerie/flash/main.php
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, what a heart warming sight
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fantastic. We're in PLagne 1800 over Christmas, that's got me proper excited now Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, Oooohhhh now that's making me want to go back to La P. It's been a few years now and I can feel a pull to come back.. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

http://youtube.com/v/Xb4JfUMEgUU&feature=related
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Very nice tourist Video. Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I must say all the webcams are looking lovely and snowy at the moment.

Suddenly the resorts are starting to look like ski resorts again. YAY.

Seems to be FREEZING out there at the moment too, and getting colder.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Prévision poudreuse

La Plagne

Cumul des chutes de neige attendues sur les 3 prochains jours: 20 cm

25/11-10: 0 cm + 26/11-10: 6 cm + 27/11-10: 19 cm

This looks fun Cool snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ooooh! I can see tracks on the Grande Rochette webcam already hehe.

I do hope the predicted dump for the end of Nov/begining of Dec arrives too.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
redrunmarcus, and the CG ski team arrive in Montalbert tomorrow snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Does anyone know when the Champagny Bubble opens. Is it Sat 11th or Sat 18th?

Seems to be mixed information on the various websites. Previous seasons it was advertised that La Plagne opens the week before the satelite resorts, but they open a few lifts to gain access to the higher areas.
ski holidays
GW, Welcome to snowHeads, Champagny opens on December 18th along with all the othe Grande Plagne villages.
Only the high altitude resorts open on December 11th.
http://2010.la-plagne.com/en/winter-holidays/introduction/the-grande-plagne.html
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Thanks. Shame as the cover looks good from the webcams. I'll have to wait until after Christmas before I can get out Crying or Very sad
snow report
I'll bed it all in for you Wink

6 days to go!!
snow report
I'll be in "Plagne Villages" over New Year. Never been to this area before.

Pics and webcams look great.
latest report
boredsurfin, I think you got this one wrong. Toofy Grin Reading what the website for la Plagne says and my friend in Champagny told me. The smaller villages and links like the VE are closed until the 18th Dec, but I think you will find places like Champagny gondola and the lift to link into the main higher area might be open from the 11th Dec. That is what they are doing on our side. Hope my friend got it right as he plans to ski the first week from Champagny. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Whats the weather like in La Plagne? It's been looking good on the web cams until this week!

Were flying to Chambery then on to Belplagne on the 20th - looks like it just needs a bit more snow? Puzzled

Cheers
snow conditions
snowcrazy, boredsurfin is correct, the link from Champagny isn't open until the 18th December. I was in the tourist office last week and despite the good conditions at the time, they confirmed they weren't opening until the 18th. They told me last Friday they had 70 cms of snow at the top of the gondola at 2000 metres
snow report
skichampcouk, Thanks for the confirmation.
latest report
The 10/11 piste map can be found here
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/PlanPistes.htm
Courtesy of RG's excellent website.
snow report
Ski Bus timetables can be found here
http://www.aplp.fr/Administration/Nouvelles/Documents/Navettes%201011.pdf
ski holidays
Now why are your buses running until after midnight and ours stop by 10pm most nights. That is so not fair. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
snowcrazy, Time to move Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Just returned from a cracking week (and was lucky to get back to Gatwick by all accounts!).

Very good conditions after some mid-week snow. Whoever's there for Christmas week will have a brilliant time.

Seriously freezing though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What is the quickest way to get to Plagne 1800 to teh Vanoise Express to make the most of a day in les arcs ?

Thanks
latest report
Libertine wrote:
What is the quickest way to get to Plagne 1800 to teh Vanoise Express to make the most of a day in les arcs ?

Thanks

Bus to Bellcote then the Arpetet chair and ski down is my guess.
snow report
Libertine wrote:

Thanks

Bus to Bellcote then the Arpetet chair and ski down is my guess.
snow report
Libertine, From 1800 should take you 30 mins tops to get to the Vanoise- into Bellcote Arpette up and down to the Vanoise follow the signs you can do blue red or black snowHead
snow conditions
thought it looked like that. Can i get a bus from before the arpette lift is open to get the first up? A bus between 1800 and Bellcote.. 15mins ?
snow report
Yes you can get a bus to bellcote butI honestly would just ski over you should be there by 9.30 and in Les Arcs in plenty of time to have a full day as near as damm it
snow report
conditions are not bad. skiied over to les coches. mostly hard packed with loose stuff on top cut upp from people turning, got a bit thin in the last 100 metres vert into les coches.

champagny side is very heavy and suffering from exposed stones, we'd planned to do the new mont de la guerre from verdons sud but decided to drop back into plagne centre.

very warm, it's about +6 and the icicles and snow are melting on our apartment roof. could do wit the snow forecast for tonight
snow conditions
got up to the glacier today, brillant up there. snow is lovely. few flakes falling through the day but nothing worth getting excited about.

derecoir still shut as is mont de la guerre down to champagny. few pisete shut around montalbert too but not been there yet

snow getting thin in the very busy areas around the villages, fingers crossed the promised snow arrives tonight. away from the villages it's in better shape, at least
snow conditions
Thanks for the updates nbt.

We arrive 8/1 so i am keeping an eye out.
latest report
Snow arrived today, I reckon about 4 or 5 cm overnight but it's kept going all day so maybe 10 or 12 cm in total. It's refreshed everything that's open, still plenty closed though like most of the blacks, quite a lot around montalbert. Went to montchavin today and even with the new snow it was ropey below the vanoise express.

There's still an icy base under all the fresh snow on top so I'll be avoiding the off-piste - saw a slab avalanche let go today just near the top of coqs chair, looked like the kids from the montalbert ski team were off piste and after half a dozen had skiied down safely, the snow pack went ubnder the next to set off and took two of them down the hill. seemed to be about 14" deep and ran about 300m. The instructor was there already and the pisteurs arrived within minutes, I checked later and no-one was hurt thankfully.

temperature has really dropped so the new snow should be in perfect condition for some great Christmas skiing
snow report
Checking out the webcams i can see the snow falling....YAY!
snow report
snow's been falling all day. about 7 inches or so, so far. visibility has been rubbish but who cares, the snow is huge light fluffy flakes and it's fabulous Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy