Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton 30 Jan - 6 Feb 2011 - couple of spaces left!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

A friend and I decided to organise a big ski trip in Jan of this year in Val D'Isere with a random bunch of people and it went so well that we thought in 2011 we'd do it again! I say 'we' but to be fair most of the credit must go to my friend as fortunately she has a love of organising Smile

We've booked the trip for 20 people and there's two spaces left so first come first serve! It doesn't matter whether you're a skier or boarder, beginner or expert - we've got a whole mixture already signed up. I guess the only thing I would say is that everyone is in their twenties to mid-thirties so it'd be good to keep it around about that sort of age bracket. The great thing is the group is made up of a mixture of girls and guys, some friends, some friends of friends, and some people who we met through an ad like this when organising this year's trip that have come back for more - consequently there's no 'cliques' and everyone's always eager to get to know each other which makes for a really great atmosphere.

Onto the trip...it's in St Anton in Austria, somewhere I can't wait to try as it's got a reputation for being one of the best resorts in the world, and that's not just me exaggerating - check out the overview here: http://www.powdertravel.com/ski_st_anton.htm

Date-wise it's Sunday 30th Jan - Sunday 6th Feb 2011 so we should get the best snow while avoiding all the overcrowding of the school holidays!

Here's what's included:
Return Flights (from Gatwick)
Return Transfers
Area Lift pass
Accommodation
- Two persons per room
- All En-suite / Private Facilities
- Linen
- Towels
- Two lounge areas
- DVD Player (bring your own DVD's)
- Fireplace / Wood Burning Stove
- Ski Locker
- TV in all rooms
- Sauna
- Relaxation room (not even sure what this is but sounds interesting!)
Welcome drinks & canapés on arrival
Meals - that's right Meals are included and unlimited wine with dinner.
Breakfast:
Hearty buffet breakfast with fresh bread, choice of preserves, cereals, porridge, yoghurts, eggs, fruit juice and unlimited tea and coffee, plus a simple cooked breakfast with choices from eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, hash browns, pancakes and syrup.
Afternoon Tea:
Afternoon tea is laid out for us to help ourselves after skiing, as is plenty of French bread and jam, delicious homemade cake / cookies with tea, coffee, hot chocolate and juice.
Evening Meal:
A 3-course evening dinner served with red and white wine (unlimited until coffee is served).

So basically we're all set! The only other thing we'll need is ski/board hire or carriage if you've got your own gear, and any lessons, both of which can be booked online before we go or in the resort when we get there.

The cost is £830 per person. We've got the whole 20 person chalet to ourselves (along with our chefs for the week), so if you're interested in coming along it'd be great to hear from you!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds tempting. Very tempting. Only issue is being in my low 50's I might be a bit older than your ideal range ie 20's to 30's.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fifty is the new forty colin ! so your not that far away ...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
limegreen1 wrote:
fifty is the new forty colin ! so your not that far away ...
Exactly. I feel I am 30 still.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,
I have skied in Austria before and I want to return next year, your plan sounds great, I am 18 and looking for some nightlife as well as skiing, does that appeal to any one in your group?

Thanks
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Please let me know if there still is room for one more?

samuraice@mobileemail.vodafone.net Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi, sounds a great trip. Are there any spaces left ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, are there any places left?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,

This sounds perfect. I'm an easy going 30 year old guy from Cornwall, hoping to join a group in Austria around thoses dates - competent intermediate level boarder (or skiier). If there's any space left please get in touch. adwhale@hotmail.com or 07792528187.

Thanks
Adam
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hello
are there any spaces left?
nero_shayvard@hotmail.com
cheers
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
martymcfly,
Well, since you've already had a lot of interest I assume spaces are gone but if not, give me (29, female) a shout at
ab79london (at) g m a i l dot com
Cheers
Alex
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hi there - this sounds great - if there are any spaces left please let me kno w- thanks very much
alex/ 07990538554
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi all, sorry for the incredibly late reply (for some reason I didn't get an email to say anyone had responded so only checked the thread today by chance!) Just to let you know the last space has recently been filled.

Best of luck!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy