Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know about chalet Alex, Mayrhofen with snowcoach?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking about booking with them.
anyone know whereabouts this chalet is?
Thanks
Hamish
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
its on the main road Mayrhofen centre a lovely chalet yes i wud travel and have done before. I did the snowbombing event in Mayrhofen 2 yrs ago and stayed here you wont regret it. food was fantastic by the way x Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's not on the main road, it's on the edge of town. Snowcoach are a bunch of crooks. I know because I used to work for them.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
huw_jenks,
Explain some more?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
a

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 24-09-21 15:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hamish, I stayed in the Alex in 2008 on a very late deal had a great week, the place is basic, but the food was very good and plenty off it. It was the 3rd time I have been with S'coach (2 to M'hoffen and 1 to Val Cenis) and whilst I have no knowlegde of the cashflow situation of this company out of the 3 trips I have always had food, heating a lift pass and a guide. Which is certainly all I want/need for a good trip.
I am booked again with them in December (St Gervaise) so I have obviously enjoyed my trips with them so far Very Happy

huw_jenks, Were you a guide in M'hoffen by any chance in 2008?
The Bushman less said the better rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
huw_jenks, HAHAHAHA the horns XXXXXXXXX
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I have always had food, heating a lift pass and a guide. Which is certainly all I want/need for a good trip.

snowHead snowHead snowHead that's the spirit, Linds. Some people have such a long list of "essentials" in a ski holiday it's a wonder they ever go anywhere.

You forgot to mention snow, though. wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, Linds, I'm with you regarding this Smile. I had already booked to go with them before this thread opened up again and it had got me wondering whether I'd done the right thing or not, but as long as I've got a bed, food, skis and a pass I'll be happy.
Back to the original question - anyone know the address of the chalet, or just a general indication of where it is (e.g. down the hill to tourist office and keep going for X miles wink )?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hamish, for the chalet alex input this grid ref. into google maps search - 47.169666,11.869923

for reference the Penkenbahn lift (main gondola in town) is - 47.163152,11.861007

Linds, yes i was the ski guide for the 08/09 season.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've done a cheap and cheerful chalet-hotel holiday with them - in Valmeinier, some years ago. I don't much care for chalet hotels which seem to combine the worst of both kinds of institution, but the holiday was good value and we had no complaints.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Who pays bills until they have to, commercial suicide.

If Snowcoach owe the Austrian Government €5M then the Austrian Government need a kick up the back side.

I think you have to be careful with comments like these unless you want to be sued, especially on an open forum.

Can you absolutely prove that Snowcoach owe the Austrian Government €5m huw_jenks,

Lets ask why Snowcoach owe you still, one assume you can answer this from a fact base?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
a

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 24-09-21 15:33; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
huw_jenks, Seems like you were stiffed, good and propper. If you have that promise in writing (contractual), get a solicitor and start proceedings.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
huw_jenks, Or small claims court and I think you can do it all online now.
snow report
I've been to Mayerhofen several times, we're there for 2 weeks at the end of December, it's lovely.

We tend to go self-catering (we eat out) and like to stay at http://anderlerhof.at/

I've no experience with Snowcoach but the information Companies House has on file does not inspire confidence. They show them as having been in administration since 15/06/2009. While the name may not change every season, it did change in 1990 and 2006.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/0a5bee6d5122ff44a5c0860c31233082/compdetails
snow conditions
JamesIE, A company in administration since 15/06/2009 would be considered a going concern, and have potential to be sold by the administrator. They would have applied for a winding up order by now if they thought it had no upside.

From huw_jenks, comments you could speculate that it had been managed not on the good side wink

Now according to Snowcoach booking conditions the contract is with: Cantabrica Air Brokers Ltd

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/33cc0557cdf738fea6afa9681a795477/compdetails

Trading fine, which could imply that the administrators have sold off the trading elements.

Who knows. But be careful stating snowcoach is in administration, when it appears not to be.

Taken from Booking Conditions from Snowcoach website:

Our Financial Protection Promise
Cantabrica Air Brokers and/or Ski Snowcoach is a company committed
to customer satisfaction and their financial protection. We are therefore
pleased to announce that at no extra cost to you, in accordance
with ‘The Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations 1992’ all
passengers booking with Cantabrica Air Brokers and/or Ski Snowcoach
are fully insured for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance
of all monies paid to us, including repatriation if required, arising from
the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to
insolvency of Cantabrica Air Brokers and/or Ski Snowcoach. This
insurance has been arranged by Towergate Chapman Stevens through
Amtrust Insurance Company Limited.
ski holidays
blytht, They very well may be a going concern, but it does not inspire confidence.

They claim on their site (http://www.snowcoach.co.uk/page.php?id=2&pid=0&mpg=home) "Snowcoach is part of Club Cantabrica Holidays"

PCCH LIMITED
Company No. 01237612
Date of Incorporation: 16/12/1975
Traded as CLUB CANTABRICA HOLIDAYS LIMITED until 23/01/2006

CLUB CANTABRICA COACH AND AIR HOLIDAYS LIMITED
Company No. 01500517
Incorporation: 06/06/1980
Is in administration according to Companies House. This company traded as SNOWCOACH HOLIDAYS LIMITED until 01/10/1990 and then traded as CLUB CANTABRICA AIR HOLIDAYS LIMITED

This is also the company listed in their T&C from 2008 "Your contract is with Club Cantabrica Coach and Air Holidays Ltd. trading as Snowcoach..." But then they were "...ATOL 2645 and a bond held by ABTA V4636." then too. http://web.archive.org/web/20080430063724/http://snowcoach.co.uk/bookingconditions.php

The terms and condiftions state "Your contract is with Cantabrica Air Brokers Ltd. trading as Snowcoach or Ski Snowcoach Ltd..."

SKI SNOWCOACH LIMITED
Company No. 06861215
Incorporated 27/03/2009
Companies House shows as active, however the name is new prior to 8/09/2009 it was BOURNEWORTH LIMITED.

CANTABRICA AIR BROKERS LIMITED
Company No. 03308198
Incorporation: 27/01/1997
Companies House shows as active

The financial Protection Promise I found on the site lists a differnet insurance company, than the one you found.

"...insured for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of all monies paid to us, including repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to insolvency of Cantabrica Air Brokers and/or Ski Snowcoach. This insurance has been arranged by Towergate Chapman Stevens through igi Insurance Company Limited."

I've never used them, so I've no direct experiece with them, but I don't think they'd be my first choice. Though they do offer SCGB members a 5% discount.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 21-11-10 14:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I have skied 5 times with Snowcoach, I have never had any problems and have found them excellent value for money. Every holiday I did with them after the first one I found people on it I had met before and i would say a lot had travelled with them several times. Always a good sign to me.
Most of the staff i talked to where reasonable happy i think but i don't think they where there for the money, But a winter in a Ski resort with accommodation, food and some pocket money sounds good to me. I wish I had done it when i was young and if i lost my job i think i would jump at the chance.
I do hope to travel with them again, Not been to the Mayrhofen resort yet, so maybe next year.

PS. Hows Mitch (Mitchell), we met in Val Cenis
latest report
Mike SWest,
Hi Mike; Im keeping well; where are you off tothis season?
Mitch
ski holidays
JamesIE, A "trading as" does not require Companies House registration.

As I stated:
"Trading fine, which could imply that the administrators have sold off the trading elements."

From your companies house search you may have stumbled on the buyer.

So basically a company springs from the demise of another.

You have to be very careful not to libel snowheads.

I'm worried about your ATOL number discovery
http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=490&pagetype=65&appid=2

As 2645 doesn't exist. Its shame the site won't give any history on the number.
latest report
blytht, No neither the ATOL nor the ABTA number exist anymore, but then the company you were contracting with in those T&C is the one in administration, that's likely why the ATOL and ABTA don't exist anymore.

In this instance several companies sprang from the demise of another. Yet they were incoporated before the demise, well before, if I were of a suspicious mind...

It's a shame they don't provide a more complete history of their company on their website.

Do you know if they were proscecuted for the accident in 2005?
snow conditions
huw_jenks wrote:
As for the money owed to me, I paid a deposit to Snowcoach to accept a position with the company.

Jumpin Jehosophat !! Shock Shock

Is that even legal ?
snow report
Blewyn, Crystal do the same sort of thing with there catering course. You pay it, but if you accept a position
with them and complete the season your get the course fee back.

The amount of people that must give up half through a season, would be an interesting stat, unobtainable me thinks!

JamesIE, You would expect a buying company to exist prior to the selling of any asset/company by administrator
The administrator would be looking for a least some sort of guarantee/experience of the company to ensure trading continues and any creditor gets paid.
An Administrator would not be in business to long if he sold off companies that then immediately stop trading, as they
are generally there to help any creditor recover as much as possible either via asset sales or continue trading.

A good current example would be Pontins. wink
latest report
I guess it depends on how you want to look at it. But combined with their other difficulties, it's not like they're the only company in this space, I'd look elsewhere.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/leicestershire/5266288.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4279313.stm
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200102/ldjudgmt/jd011122/canta-1.htm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/2399667.stm

ski holidays
huw_jenks wrote:
blytht wrote:

If Snowcoach owe the Austrian Government €5M then the Austrian Government need a kick up the back side.

I think you have to be careful with comments like these unless you want to be sued, especially on an open forum.

Can you absolutely prove that Snowcoach owe the Austrian Government €5m huw_jenks,

Lets ask why Snowcoach owe you still, one assume you can answer this from a fact base?

Sorry, I made a typo. €5m was meant to read €500000. This is due to the 1euro a night tourist tax not being paid on one of their chalets for a season. The Austrian government had to assume that the chalet was full to capacity for an entire year and came up with the above figure. I do not believe the original tax not being paid was due to oversight, from my experience with the company it was an attempt at evasion. This is the reason that the owner of Snowcoach (proably not good to actually name them on a forum) is never seen in Austria despite having a large part of business in the town. There is a warrant out for his arrest.

Of course this is conjecture, but I do have a reliable source for this information.

Mmm...so they owe 500,000 euros based on a 1 euro per night tax per guest. Let's say there are 16 weeks in a season and seven nights a week. That equates to 112 nights for the entire season. In order to rake up a tax bill of 500,000 for a season you would need to have 4464 guests a night (500,000 / 112 = 4464).

Are you sure? That is a hell of a big chalet.
ski holidays
Hank wrote:
huw_jenks wrote:
blytht wrote:

Sorry, I made a typo. €5m was meant to read €500000. This is due to the 1euro a night tourist tax not being paid on one of their chalets for a season. The Austrian government had to assume that the chalet was full to capacity for an entire year and came up with the above figure. I do not believe the original tax not being paid was due to oversight, from my experience with the company it was an attempt at evasion. This is the reason that the owner of Snowcoach (proably not good to actually name them on a forum) is never seen in Austria despite having a large part of business in the town. There is a warrant out for his arrest.

Of course this is conjecture, but I do have a reliable source for this information.

Mmm...so they owe 500,000 euros based on a 1 euro per night tax per guest. Let's say there are 16 weeks in a season and seven nights a week. That equates to 112 nights for the entire season. In order to rake up a tax bill of 500,000 for a season you would need to have 4464 guests a night (500,000 / 112 = 4464).

Are you sure? That is a hell of a big chalet.

Like I said, it was assumed that the chalet had been full to capacity for the entire time the tax hadn't been paid, and there may well have been additional fines on top of that.
ski holidays
huw_jenks, hey my son worked for them this year and suprise he hasnt been paid nor got the deposit back and as for the bonus .... well things havnt changed
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
notenoughsnow, welcome to snowheads. Sorry about your son's experience. Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy