Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moving skis around europe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I have a dilemma I am hoping someone can help me solve. I live in the Netherlands but have family in the UK. At xmas I plan to come back for xmas eve, xmas day, then probably head to Les Arcs, but I was really hoping not to have to pay to take my ski's et al to the UK then to France, then back again to the Netherlands.

I found a company that ships ski equipment, but it was 110euro for skis 90 for boots! I'm pretty sure that was one way as well. Does anyone know a cheap company that does this, or any other cheeky ideas how I could do this, or even better is there someone from the Netherlands heading to France for xmas who could take them for me!? (thats a tall order I realise)

Thanks all.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
FedEx? DHL?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You won't get charged for ski carriage if you travel by train. Often just as quick and cheap as flying if you book early for good fares.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rent Skis in Les Arcs
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am going to look into fedex etc, although as they go on size I have a feeling it will be expensive, but worth looking, thanks.

I know they don't charge on the train, but its getting from netherlands to the UK, then back to france, so maybe if thats how I do it I will have to bite the bullet, pay to the uk, then train, only paying once then...

If not take boots, rent ski's, I rented there a few years ago when we had a big dump of fresh snow and really enjoyed the big fat skis so I can hope for that as well! Although I very nearly bought a second pair due to those few days Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy