Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CROWN CURRENCY - GONE BUST?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Agenterre wrote:
.....If those folks know so much I wish they would report 'Bad Business Models' to the authorities before they rip us all off. ...

Where would one start? I am not on a mission to reform the financial world. Caveat emptor.

Quote:
I have no idea what credence to give to anything with the term "FSA" attached. It obviously isn't worth as much as CORGI or other industry standards. A good approach seems to be to trust noone in the Financial Services sector....

Now that is sense.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
achilles,
Quote:
Where would one start? I am not on a mission to reform the financial world. Caveat emptor.

For Right or Wrong, we have become expectant of "Standards". Even this government thinks it can improve on the performance of the "FSA" by creating a new regulatory body ( Dave must have an unemployable mate ) . I have no mission either .... but if 'Standards Bodies" exist then let them perform or those who create should underwrite the Be Nice please!-ups.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
According to a radio 4 programme today, Crown Currency owe 20 million to customers and have 3 million pounds worth of assets. Where the devil has 17 million gone? What sort of accountant audited their accounts??
Also, they weren't FSA regulated because their turnover was less than 3 million a month. This is incredulous. As a motor dealership we have to be FSA regulated because we sell GAP insurance (no more than £10,000 per year). Something wrong somewhere. Sounds like the old PONZI scheme to me.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
erica2004, £17m appears to have 'gone' because of their business model. The absolute number is irrelevant. Fact is it is it is yet another example of the FSA (in its current form) with current "teeth" being a "waste-of-space". I see nothing better in Cameron's proposals .. do you ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BUMP
Arrests have been made

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11935516

Quote:
Police have arrested two former directors of the collapsed foreign exchange company Crown Currency Exchange
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I used the company Travel money services a few years back just about a month before the start of the credit crunch and had bought canadian dollars 3 months in advance at an astonishing rate, probably purely out of greed to get the best deal and one over the other exchange outlets. I done as much research as i could but still knew i was taking a huge gamble as you couldnt be insured by paying without your credit card. when looking closely at the different money retailer websites i found that Crown and Travel money services along with a few others had the exact same page layouts, fonts and flash and were all based in the Cornwall area..strange but this made me more comfortable about using the service, anyway, my back bottom was making buttons because everywhere was going in administration around this time and i was panicking about not getting my money when eventually a week before our trip to Canada....Boom 4000 CAD in cash falls through my letterbox, unrecorded and unsigned for in a water damaged envelope!!. I count my self very lucky and wont be so naive or greedy again in the future. And as for money savings expert promoting the use of these kind of sites, I find it totally disgusting and unacceptable, I also wouldnt be suprised if the 2 that have been arrested are all part of the same outfit and linked in with these other sites offering the same service. Beware....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy