Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bus from Grenoble to Serre Chevalier

Poster: A snowHead
Is there a regular bus service to Serre Chevalier from Grenoble airport during the season or do you have to go to Grenoble bus station. I want to travel on Boxing day. I've been on to the VFD website but the timetable doesn't go past 17th Dec. I've emailed them asking for the season timetable but they've not bothered replying.

Anyone have experience of this journey?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
think you need to get the bus to the bus station first then the various buses to resorts go from there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jzBun, the bus goes from the railway station not the airport. The timetable usually coincides with TGV arrivals from Paris, and there is usually a mid-morning and an evening bus. It left the bus station around 5.30-5.45 a couple of years ago. There may also be some direct transfers being offered by Alpine Transfer company
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jzBun, Line 35 is the one.. The winter timetable is usually up in November.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have used the same bus from Grenoble bus and train station to get to La Grave, as it's one of the stops en route to Serre Chevalier.

I strongly recommend that you pre book which can be done online. There are only two or three buses a day depending on the time of year. When I used the last service of the day two seasons ago, every seat was taken.

There is another bus service between Grenoble airport and the central bus station, which I think has more services through the day.

Allow plenty of time for connections in both directions as the traffic around Grenoble and into the mountains can be very heavy in peak season.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks very much to you all.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jzBun, you're welcome. I'll be keeping an eye out for the timetables, so will give a heads up on here if I see them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, I emailed them and they sent me an excel document with the winter timetables from Grenoble to Serre Chevalier.

They mentioned that the details will appear on their website soon.

If anyone would like a copy PM/email me and I'll send you one.

Cheers
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The times for winter are now on the VFD website but you can't actually book any seats yet.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
howiet, cheers. I've got a couple of guests wanting the timetable.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hmm, the winter times are on the VFD website but when you go to book online, they only have the autumn times available.

Maybe today!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am waiting to book as well.

December 1st might be a logical date for them to accept winter bookings, albeit a little late in my view.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I emailed them and they got back to me saying they are currently updating their datsbase and we should be able to book in the next few days.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
howiet, cheers.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Its a shame the last bus from grenoble to Serre Chevalier doesn't depart at 19:30 to meet the later TGV as thats the only feasible one for me to get as I need to get from Leeds - Paris via East Coast Rail + Eurostar and won't be in Paris in time for the earlier departures.

Was hoping to take the TGV to Grenoble as an alternative to going to Oulx as its quicker and would take less bus changes.

Coming back aswell the timetable is worked if you want to get the morning departure that the bus arrives at Grenoble train station 5 minutes before the TGV leaves for Paris, which isn't really enough time to safely catch the train.

Admitadely I've just discovered I should probably that you can also get TGV's from Lille that meet the buses, which would have meant an easy change from eurostar to TGV in Lille and then could have caught the bus.
ski holidays
Christopher, let me know how you get on with trains and connections, may have to sort one out for one of our kids in January.
latest report
Hells Bells, Of course; I've booked myself into the UCPA for the week Saturday 5th- Sunday 13th March. Most probably do what I did last year, which was get the TGV to Oulx and get the buses.

Break down of the journey currently:

Train
Depart Leeds: 07:00
Arrive London Kings X: 09:18

Eurostar
Depart London St. Pancras: 10:25
Arrive Paris Gare du Lyon: 13:50

Get the metro across Paris

TGV
Depart Paris Gare du Lyon: 15:24
Arrive Oulx: 20:05

The bus to Briancon then meets the TGV, which is a good service in my opinion.

Coming Home

I get the evening bus over to Oulx and then stay in a hotel Saturday overnight just in case there are problems with snow on the Col du Montgenevre, because the TGV leaves Oulx at 9:00.

It arrives at Paris Gare du Lyon at: 13:59

Booked the Eurostar departing Paris at 15:13 and getting back to London at 16:39.

Unfortunately I've already booked the Eurostar, because if I'd known you could change in Lille to get to Grenoble I would have probably done so. If you want the bus timetable that shows the Lille train times and bus connections I can send that to your email address just PM me.

Its going to be a long old days travelling, but nothing on the 24 hour coach trip/ordeal in 2 weeks that I'm doing with the uni ski trip.

Hope that was helpful and that you and Julian are well and are looking forward to the new season! snowHead
snow conditions
You can now book the bus on the website Smile

Bring on the 1st of January! Happy days Smile
latest report
howiet wrote:
You can now book the bus on the website Smile

Bring on the 1st of January! Happy days Smile

Hi there.

I am trying to book online but somehow I can never get beyond the first page of the system. I think I had some trouble last year but somehow managed it in the end.

Did you have any problem and is there some litle trick I should know?

I will phone up if I have to, but I want to make sure my rather complicated email address gets communicated accurately.
ski holidays
Just tried it there for March and everything seems ok.

When you type in Grenoble did you click on 'ok' when Grenoble Gare routier came up?
snow conditions
Still no luck and I did click on OK where you mentioned.

I have tried the French and English language versions. The odd thing there is that when I use the French version, I can only use the union jack button to accept the page and when I try the English version its the other way round.

I am going to La Grave in February although I also tried March as you did, to see if that worked and also entering the dates manually as well as via the pop up calendars. The annoying thing is that when it rejects the page it gives no reason and inserts spurious date when it goes back to the page so I have to do that fiddly bit again.

I will try again later. I have a feeling that I must be missing something very easy. Puzzled
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy