Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

22nd Dec to 4th Jan, looking for ski buddies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Due to my work situation I am only able to take extended time off over Christmas and New Year so I'm desperate to book a trip over the above dates. I can't find any of my friends to come with me (all married with kids or doing other things)

I'm an experienced skier, I'm a mid thirties male. I'm up for anything really but would really like to go somewhere with great off piste skiing and would be keen to get a guide but don't have flipping great wadges of cash so happy to do budget accomodation. I'll go to North America, Alps or further afield. I just want to get away from Dublin for a few weeks and ski.

I've been trying to find a course that I can sign up for like http://www.warrensmith-skiacademy.com/ but they don't have anything at that time.

So let me know what you have planned or if you are free to go at the above time.

Simon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads Poster King, snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Simon,
I'm looking for a partner for the first week of Jan to hit the States. If this doesn't suit don't worry. If yes then let me know.

Cheers,

Alan
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Poster King, welcome to snowheads. snowHead You could have a look at the UCPA Centres in the French Alps. You can get very good guiding/instructing, it's all included, and the prices are extremely reasonable. It's ideal for someone travelling alone, as there's plenty of company. Look at this, for example http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/hol_argentiere_UCPASkiOffPisteFull-TimeInstruction_18-12-2010_0.aspx

Full time off-piste instruction, all kit including transceiver, food, lift pass etc for £527. Courses like this will tend to be running weekend/weekend, but they have some other durations too. Give action-outdoors (who sell the holidays in the UK) a ring.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi and welcome,

I am also looking for ski buddies. I get bored skiing with my friends as they are crap! I am late thirties and have been skiing all of my life. Sounds like we are into similar skiing. I like to go off piste and like to hire guides when necessary. Do you have avalanche safety gear?

I can take time off whenever. I have no plans at the moment as I am waiting for some snow fall.
It could be good to stay in touch.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Are you two interested in some time in the States then? There's another post going about a trip late Jan for a week or so

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=67850&highlight=

Or I'm up for the first week of Jan.

Alan
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Poster King, Downhill Sailor, I'm on the point of pushing the button on a DIY trip to St Anton over that period - again an off-piste addict who mostly skis with guides (although I'm a bit older than you guys). St Anton is good for cheapish pension accom., but guiding can get expensive. There's PisteToPowder (with whom I've had great days) and PowderClub (extension of Arlberg ski school, not skied with them). Can book both by days, but both charge about €90+ /pers/day. One of the good things about St Anton though is that there's plenty of non-guide accessible off-piste, and can save up for guides for the bigger days. Drop in to http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=68005 if you're interested.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
Poster King, welcome to snowheads. snowHead You could have a look at the UCPA Centres in the French Alps. You can get very good guiding/instructing, it's all included, and the prices are extremely reasonable. It's ideal for someone travelling alone, as there's plenty of company. Look at this, for example http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/hol_argentiere_UCPASkiOffPisteFull-TimeInstruction_18-12-2010_0.aspx

Full time off-piste instruction, all kit including transceiver, food, lift pass etc for £527. Courses like this will tend to be running weekend/weekend, but they have some other durations too. Give action-outdoors (who sell the holidays in the UK) a ring.

And you can even get £10 off the cost if you use the discount code SP2010 when you book snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks, I have booked two weeks in Argentiere from the 18th Dec staying in the UCPA, booked through Action Outdoors. Off to gym now to continue getting fit.
Let it snow!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy