Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowheads is full of such accommodating people

Poster: A snowHead
i am sorely tempted to post a thread over there..."women are the superior breed and better skiers".......should be a giggle Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lizzard, I suspect most of the yoof leave after one season leaving grumps like you and Lord Smurfin.

And yes - mid 40's is now yoof too. It will come to you as well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kooky, Go on then, will wait for the flaming. Toofy Grin

If you add pics like Summitgirl you might just get away with it wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bones, she´s a babe!!! I have been asked 4 times to post"nekkid"pics haha.........may have to do a mock up thingy in photoshop Laughing Laughing i hear the girls get all kinds of offers for free accommodation Shocked wink
Did you ask her for a signed poster too , you saddo Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kooky wrote:
i am sorely tempted to post a thread over there..."women are the superior breed and better skiers".......should be a giggle Laughing

Laughing Go for it

I must be getting old as I can't be assed with it is as the blue background is just horrid
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Shimmy Alcott, Shocked have you ever posted on there???? Thanks...but i really am not that stupid Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Might stick one up of you tho Twisted Evil Those boys would go WILD fknA!!! That summitgirl has nothing on our Shimster!xx
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kooky, lol cheers xx
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200976 Boys...........enjoy!!! We need this on snowHead heads too Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shimmy Alcott, take a look........you could knock her tips off!! wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TGR is hilarious, the easiest wind up on the planet. Richmond I think it was once said 'They appear to have one brain cell between them and they occassionally drop it'.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kooky, aw you are so kind. She does have a weird face but i guess the blokes didnt notice that Laughing The boobies are there and I'm sure with a lot of airbrushing i could look half as decent Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

She does have a weird face

I thought so too, funny eyes Confused
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sarah, Inbred i would say wink Toofy Grin Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
sarah, Inbred i would say wink Toofy Grin Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing pmsl
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, have you read some of the comments from the guys??? LMFAO.......all you need is a big set of t!ts and they will lay their life down for ya.......now....what was that thing about the superior breed hahaha!!!!!
ski holidays
Nickski,
Quote:

'They appear to have one brain cell between them and they occassionally drop it'.

Laughing
ski holidays
Oh what are superior bunch we are all here....and some of us are blessed with such long noses with which to look down upon the Maggots.

In my experience every Maggot I have met (and there have been several) and skied with has been a very nice (and surprisingly normal) person....in fact just like SnowHeads.

So please, lets have a little less of the "oh look at those nasty, knuckle-draggers on TGR", as Arno said: a lot of them are us, and us them.
latest report
The threads on TGR that get up my nose are the ones about the death of some skier or boarder. All the supposedly hard back bottom posters bleat on and on about how sad they are and how the once saw the deceased in a lift line, bar, friends house etc and their death is a major tragedy and the world will never be the same. They need to grow up. We are going to die one day so stop crying and go have some fun.
snow report
rungsp wrote:
In my experience every Maggot I have met (and there have been several) and skied with has been a very nice (and surprisingly normal) person....in fact just like SnowHeads.

Bang on & fiercely loyal, helpful and willing to show you the goods & some absolutely world class skiers. I've ridden chairs with guys I've known were maggots and not asked them because I hvae seen video evidence of some of the stuff which constitutes a typical run.

Mind you tits always seem to be welcome.
ski holidays
TGR just caters to a different target audience: primarily male, off piste, ski touring, ski mountaineering types. I don't think I've come across any posts where Maggots talk about the wonders of various groomers.

Whereas sH has a mixed male/female membership who largely ski on piste, with only a minority venturing into backcountry, slackcountry, side country terrain.

I sometimes wonder if TGR would have less testosterone-soaked posturing if they had a larger female membership. But if that happened, then it just wouldn't be TGR.

Personally, I enjoy the differences between the two communities. I participate in sH as a community and hope, after more skiing adventures, to contribute more by way of TRs. But I only observe TGR and use it as an incredibly rich source of gear information, outstanding TRs and insights into the ski industry. And insights into what men really think of women Toofy Grin
ski holidays
sarah wrote:
Quote:

She does have a weird face

I thought so too, funny eyes Confused

What! Really?

I just thought her boots were a size too big.
latest report
Mosha Marc, shes wearing boots Shocked wink
snow conditions
For some reason TGR doesn't work with my browser. Is it just the US version of here but with very aggressive people?
latest report
queen bodecia, pretty much but as rungsp, alludes, 'some' very aggressive people. I've had some very useful replies/info. too.
snow conditions
queen bodecia, try http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/ TGR is just the abreviation.

If you contribute something sensible and don't ask basic questions that have been covered before they are fine (though some of the vocab can be a bit bewildering to someone of my age Confused ). It helps if you ski off piste and steep.
ski holidays
Nickski, snowball, thanks. It works at work but not at home. Probably the Flash adverts to blame. Don't think I'm missing much. People are much friendlier here and I'm sure I'd just have scorn poured on me there for being a holiday piste skier.
ski holidays
IMO 90%+ of the TRs on here are doggy-doo compared to those on TGR, photos too, but that might just be because TGR is more focussed on what I want from my time in the mountains. Anyway we've had this discussion before and I don't really see the point.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Swirly, surely that's just down to differences in target audience? The beauty of snowHead is mass appeal to all sectors of people who enjoy snowsports. TGR would probably mean very little to me and the aggressive nature of some of the comments would just turn me off completely.

Vive la différence!
ski holidays
queen bodecia, hence the IMO at the start of my post rolling eyes

The members there are only aggressive if someone posts something stupid, it's a fairly simple concept if you want them to be friendly don't post anything dumb. If you want an argument then do.
latest report
the aggressive nature of some of the posts is what makes TGR funny. i'd say the atmosphere on there is like a rowdy bar; here you need to mind your p's and q's a bit more
latest report
I'd say that the title of this thread has never been truer than in the past couple of weeks (it must be that time of year) and will add that some snowHeads members have the patience of saints.

Have seen thread after thread started by people who clearly have not used the search function, for which they receive fair, full responses and polite responses (to the credit of the responders). While it results in steady post traffic, it does seem like snowHeads may be more aptly named searchHeads, except the search engine is powered by people rather than by algorithms.

And yes, the irony of raising this point does not entirely escape me Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
I luv 'em - I do about 3x the amount of business with Maggots than snowHeads.

shipping stuff to the states? or are there EU TGRers ?
snow report
skimottaret wrote:
,,,,are there EU TGRers ?

There are, but they tend to wear funny coloured boots and be internet skiers or skanky students.

Best avoided IMO
latest report
Zero-G wrote:
I'd say that the title of this thread has never been truer than in the past couple of weeks (it must be that time of year) and will add that some snowHeads members have the patience of saints.

Have seen thread after thread started by people who clearly have not used the search function, for which they receive fair, full responses and polite responses (to the credit of the responders). While it results in steady post traffic, it does seem like snowHeads may be more aptly named searchHeads, except the search engine is powered by people rather than by algorithms.

And yes, the irony of raising this point does not entirely escape me Madeye-Smiley

STFU JONG!!!!!!!

wink
latest report
Arno, Laughing

She is a silly bitch isn't she
ski holidays
Yeah, yeah, shaking in my SZK-fitted boots.
ski holidays
Zero-G, wink Laughing
snow report
Danged profanity filter! That is not what I wrote. There was definitely mention of der poopenhausen, bukake and titties in my response. Ffft.
ski holidays
TGR = bunch of aging 30 something north american office bound slackers / dentists / lawyers talking bro-brah about skiing and how rad PMGEAR is Twisted Evil

Snowheads = more polite bunch of UK office bound slackers / dentists / lawyers talking about holidays to Meribel and getting boots fitted by CEM & SZK snowHead

At the end of the day they are both just internet message boards. Nothing more, nothing less.
To be honest there are actually more similarities than differences - just the audience for each site is from a different geographic area / demographic ? Based on my extensive research (ahem!) there are certainly plenty 'brain-fart' drivel posts on both sites....

TGR humor might not appeal to everyone - but its well worth lurking for the incredible trip-reports (photos and words better than alot of the stuff you find in most ski magazines) and also the ski geeky Tech-Talk forum (generally 2 steps ahead of the game - and one of the best english language off piste gear resources).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy