Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow Report 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
lightningdan, +1 Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rorie, what's the lowest age for participants in the Via Ferrata ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret wrote:
last nights activities after Rob had gone to bed.... Although it looks impressive the French Foreign legion boys where mullered by the boys and girls of the inside out ski club. We won balance board, arm and leg wrestling, one arm pushups, bar stool limbo and a weird extreme yoga position. completely destroying them Toofy Grin and they ran home with their tails between their legs. [...]

and that's when you woke up, was it ? wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
[quote="Hurtle"]rorie, lots of photos here, which seemingly anyone can access:quote]

Bizarre - should be friends, or friends of friends only. Guess you must be friends with one of my friends Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowdrop, Laughing

Emmeline, are you friends with Rob? Other than in the real world wink . If so, that's probably why. Looks like you've had a great time, wish I could have gone...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Emmeline, ah. Yes, I'm friends with Rob and Scott. Fantastic photos! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah, thanks cathy. Yep - that'll be it, friends with Rob, Scott and Inside Out skiing Very Happy Will be putting up the white water rafting pics very shortly.
Extremely gutted that it's the last day tomorrow
Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle, thanks Very Happy - some were mine, and some were Jason's. Will be putting up pics soon from today's rafting - a professional did those though, and sadly Rob wasn't there.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Emmeline, glad you're having a good time, I am insanely jealous. Please say hi to Jason and to Yvonne for me. Don't think I know anyone else on the course, at least I don't recognize anyone else from the photos. I love the sleepy ones, btw! Definitely the morning after the night before, by the look of them. Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Emmeline, I'll look out for them! Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ive often cought a glimpse of the wires and various bits on those rocks and thought it would be good fun.... looks amazing, must try it
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rain overnight meant the snow was pretty gloopy today, and overcast conditions meant today's weather wasn't as nice as yesterday. But that didn't stop us getting a good morning's skiing in, with my group working on edging skills and carving and Scott's working on balance and agility and probably some other stuff I didn't see them do.

After skiing it was a quick trip down the valley for some of the group to head to the whitewater rafting centre. Much fun was had!

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hurtle wrote:
I love the sleepy ones, btw! Definitely the morning after the night before, by the look of them. Laughing
They were coming down in the funicular, so sleepy from skiing rather than sleepy from carousing wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle, I've said hi to Jason (he says he's missing the vodka!) but unfortunately Yvonne left on the day I arrived so I haven't met her - heard lots about her though Very Happy Hehe, the sleepy ones were on the funicular after the morning ski, Pete & Kay recovered quickly though and joined us on the Via Ferrata! Rob is just a snoozer in general Wink

czl, VF was brilliant, we didn't do the full 2 hours though as the weather turned a bit iffy. Would definitely like to do it again though. Think I'm going to book myself on to the October Inside Out course here in October Very Happy

cathy, just waiting for Stuart to finish looking at his video footage of our carving session, then I'll be looking at my own footage, and if I haven't died of shame I'll grab the rafting CD off Stu and get them onto Facebook Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:
Hurtle wrote:
I love the sleepy ones, btw! Definitely the morning after the night before, by the look of them. Laughing
They were coming down in the funicular, so sleepy from skiing rather than sleepy from carousing wink
That's your story and you're sticking to it! wink
latest report
Emmeline wrote:
Rob is just a snoozer in general Wink
Hey, I resemble that remark!
latest report
Another photo of today's whitewater experience. Not entirely sure what's going on as he seems to defying gravity...

snow conditions
Emmeline wrote:
Think I'm going to book myself on to the October Inside Out course here in October Very Happy

I went last October and really enjoyed it - it's on my radar for this year again Very Happy And will definitely keep an eye out if they do the course again next June. The extra-curricular activities looked fun snowHead
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
Another photo of today's whitewater experience. Not entirely sure what's going on as he seems to defying gravity...

Shocked vodka and Red Bull for lunch Confused ?
latest report
Snowdrop wrote:
Shocked vodka and Red Bull for launch Confused ?

FIFY
ski holidays
I'm having serious thoughts about October too.
Having now seen all the white water rafting photos, I've decided that's possibly not for me either! Some brilliant facial expressions caught by the photographer. Very Happy
ski holidays
Hurtle, those photos show the most dramatic moments, lots of time when it's more gentle than that.

We've moved from video review to balance board juggling and now on to leg wrestling even though the foot injury from last night's leg wrestling bout required an operation and a pin inserted to reattach a toe!
latest report
Quote:

the foot injury from last night's leg wrestling bout required an operation and a pin inserted to reattach a toe!
What?!!!
Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
Quote:

the foot injury from last night's leg wrestling bout required an operation and a pin inserted to reattach a toe!
What?!!!
Shocked Shocked Shocked

I know, quite shocking. I blame Scott (which is usually a good position to start from but on this occasion justified as he introduced the game). It was a member of the hotel's staff who is currently in Bourg hospital.
ski holidays
rob@rar, FFS! Does SSE insurance come into play at this point? (I'm joking. I think.)
latest report
Hurtle, Laughing
snow report
Ok - the rest of the white water rafting photos are here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150330959912802.414493.612582801
Tried to take some pics of tonight's leg wrestling bouts but they came out about as blurred and messy as I'm feeling now Toofy Grin Hitting the sack in preparation for the last day's skiing.
cathy, Hurtle, leg wrestling injuries aside, I would definitely recommend these camps - you can probably tell by the photos that it's been pretty amazing Very Happy
ski holidays
God, I've suddenly had a vision of myself attempting leg-wrestling with Scott. I can hardly think of anything more likely to be an uninsured risk! Even worse than having him try to pull my arms out of their sockets doing bracquage à deux at Hemel. Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar wrote:
Hurtle wrote:
Quote:

What?!!!
Shocked Shocked Shocked

I know, quite shocking. I blame Scott (which is usually a good position to start from .....).

Good point, well made. Toofy Grin

Hurtle wrote:
God, I've suddenly had a vision of myself attempting leg-wrestling with Scott.

Laughing Laughing I'm trying hard to banish that vision Toofy Grin Although a pretty fair contest I'm sure wink

Hope everyone is in a fit state for a bright and early skiing start this morning. Never catch me drinking when I have skiing to do the next day Little Angel Little Angel Toofy Grin

BTW, what time do you start/finish the skiing at this time of year?
snow conditions
That rafting with France raft is mega fun - did it last year and plan to do again this!
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
I'm having serious thoughts about October too.
Having now seen all the white water rafting photos, I've decided that's possibly not for me either! Some brilliant facial expressions caught by the photographer. Very Happy

White water Rafting is brilliant fun. Wetsuits are for wimps though. Laughing

latest report
Hmm. I don't mind water, it's being battered against rocks I might not find such fun.
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
Hmm. I don't mind water, it's being battered against rocks I might not find such fun.
water in the mountains is bl@@dy freezing Skullie ,
Spyderman what month was that ?
snow report
Snowdrop, I was brought up from childhood to swim in mountain lakes.
ski holidays
Hurtle, err ...not me, I was a " sickly" child Sad, I would do the water rafting though, and the Via whatsit; I probably have to wait few years for the kids to get older,
snow report
Snowdrop wrote:
water in the mountains is bl@@dy freezing Skullie ,
Spyderman what month was that ?

September, water was lovely, it was in Costa Rica mind. Laughing

Rapids were 5 & 6 on the scale, so pretty serious stuff.
ski holidays
Quote:

Its got me interested in having a summer visit. What's the best way of going about booking a summer trip to Tignes?

Renry
As well as packages with local operators you can book cheap easyjet (or any other) flights to Geneva or Lyon, hire a car and be in Tignes in 2.5 hrs from there. Easy peasy Smile .

PM me if any interest in a stay in our apartment - under 5 mins walk from the funicular which whisks you up to the glacier in 7 mins. Bargain rates in summer wink and any duration of stay available.

As well as summer snowsports, the ski lifts for use by hikers and mountain bikers are free this year. For a full range of summer activities see here: http://www.tignes.net/en/summer-sports-7.html
snow report
The last photo of Via Ferrata is me reaching the top. Thought I'd be terrified but it was great - as long as you don't look down! Fantastic few days and some of the best snow I've seen for summer in Tignes. Blizzard conditions on Thursday. Thanks to Mountain Sun and Inside Out Skiing for the trip.
snow report
mogulski, You were seriously brave to do that .. Huge kudos to all who had a go and rorie who lead the group so expertly
ski holidays
Hi Guys

It's really heating up in Tignes. The glacier is still in good condition, but early starts are advisable. By lunchtime it's getting really slushy, but the trains are running from 7:15 am so if you can pry yourself out of bed at such an ungodly hour, there's still great skiing to be had.

I've managed to secure a deal with Mountain Sun Ltd to run lessons for the ski and board camp at the Melezes in the autumn. I'll be working with Gav from TDC, who's been doing the camp for the last couple of years. Details should be on http://www.skiandboardcamp.com/ soon. They're still running three day breaks from £99, which is unbeatable. That's your lift-pass, food, accomodation and airport transfer, plus the latest gear to test out.

If you're going to be taking advantage of this deal and looking for some coaching, or know of someone who is, you can send me a pm.

I'll try and make my next post less of an advert! Just need to get the word around snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy