Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers from Innsbruck to Kaprun

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Does anyone have any recommendations for a transfer company that does Innsbruck to Kaprun.

The cheapest I can find is DIY-Transfer but I can't find any reviews for them.

Has anyone done this journey before by taxi and can help me?

Thanks very much
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHead's,

Sorry but I can't help on your specific question as I have only ever transferred from Munich or Salzburg to ZamS/Kaprun. I have quickly searched the local coach companies and they also only advertise these airports. As you may be aware Innsbruck is very much geared towards holidays in the Tirol and therefore a private taxi transfer is going to be your most likely option?

As I holiday in Zell am See I have used Taxi Peter on many occasions, he is just a local private taxi but he is always reliable, from short local trips, to day ski trips and airport transfers. About three years ago on a Gatwick Salzburg flight we were diverted to Munich due to weather problems. As he had kept up with the flight data, he drove to Munich on his own initiative and was waiting for us. Admittedly it was a much more expensive taxi than we had anticipated but we were still at our hotel in time for a late dinner and were on the mountain first thing the next day, which was much preferable to finding a hotel in Munich and also losing a days skiing!

PM me if you want his number?

The other option is by train. You get a bus from Innsbruck Airport to the main station and then if your timings are conducive get on a train all the way to Zell am See and then a taxi for the last few kms to Kaprun. Here is the link for the Austrian Railway

http://www.oebb.at/en/index.jsp

Please note that the timetable only goes up to mid December at the moment but in my experience is not significantly different thereafter, in fact if anything it is more favourable to skiers in the season with some special ski trains.

As far as cost is concerned our friends used the train last year and they were about 40 Euro's return each.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome Hazel!

Like robboj I also holiday in Zell am See. I usually fly into Innsbruck (easyjet fly there).

The airport is quite small and straight outside arrivals you will find a bus stop. Take bus F (if my memory is correct) to the Hauptbanhof (railway station) - it's only a couple of euro. Then get a train to Zell and follow robboj's advice. You may need to change trains at Worgl - but this is very easy and the Austrian trains are very reliable so you shouldn't miss any connections. I usually have a meal in Worgl station's cafe while I wait - it's very good.

The train prices went up last year I think it was about €45. The journey is about 2 hours.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi

Thanks very much for your help. At least I can start looking at some of the options now.

I've got a quote that is coming in at £410 for the return trip for a minibus so that is looking quite promising.

I've got a fairly large group coming out on different flights so I think the train will be the best option for some of them.

Thanks again.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hazel richardson, did the train in the summer from Zell - dead easy and nice journey to boot
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy