Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting to Ste Foy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some friends have bought a chalet in Ste Foty and have invited us over for xmas/new year Very Happy

They'll be driving, but I'd rather not!

So, what's the best way? We're in Bristol, and can get to Geneva by plane easy enough, Grenoble/Chambery limited flights.

Car hire is bloody expensive (about £400 for a small car for 10 days!), so advice on sensible hire would help, if not, how else to get there from the airport. e.g. Train to Bourg then Taxi.

Car would be handy though if we can get one a a deceent price.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a regular bus goes up from BSM to the ski station......or taxi, or hire a car from BSM for the day, drop all the kit in the chalet, then drop the car back?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would suggest taking the Eurostar from the Uk. Then you would not need to hire a car as the resort is very near Bourg St maurice station.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
it's a couple of hours from Geneva, about the same for Lyon or Grenoble, less for Chambery.....if you are intent on flying, that is....the Eurostar will be a royal PITA by the time you take into account the train from Brissle to London, and potentially more expensive. Grab a coach at the airport, or jump on a train and get to BSM....can they not pick you up from BSM?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
One way car hire from Lyon or Geneva is the best way to get there and drop the car back at Bourg St Maurice, Europcar have an office in Bourg. It is also cheaper than the transfer buses or it was last time I did it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
One way hire looks a good idea. I'll check it out. Train is 125E EACH WAY per person which makes the UK look cheap rolling eyes

Looks like my friend will do the Bourg/Chalet run.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy