Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World Cup speculation thread...

Poster: A snowHead
On a downhill biking forum that I use we always have a world cup thread where we speculate who will do well. Also a lot of team news crops up in it aswell about who has gone where who is being mentored by this legend or that in this team or that etc...

Just thought people might like that kind of discussion on here Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spain
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I suppose I really should put my input in here first to kick things off...

I think that Kalle Palander could come out with a good comeback run, maybe even top 15 for the 1st round, that would be pretty awesome!
I always look forward to watching Cuche, he has a good 10 years on a quite a few people, Ligety for example (gotta love Ligety' style in GS!) so always keen to see him racing well.

In the womens, hopefully Chemmy will provide some podium results! Also think Vonn could podium in each event this season, she was skiing well at the Olympics! Also Lara Gut is back, so another one to watch there!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
R555MAC, good idea!

Ladbrokes odds for overall winner...

Carlo Janka 21/10
Aksel Lund Svindal 5/2
Benjamin Raich 31/10

Lindsey Vonn evens
Maria Riesch 13/8
Anja Paerson 11/1
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rainer Schonfelder. He's back finally and ready to kick ars3 in the sl.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
NZ look strong again but may choke Little Angel
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I´d go for Janka as overall, or Bode if he manages to do a full season without sloping off again in the middle of it all rolling eyes In the ladies watch out for Lara Gut, she´s red hot and hungry after missing last season through injury.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, I will see your Schönfelder and raise you my Razzloi...he is gonna be damn hard to beat in SL this year wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Benjamin Raich to finish in the top 3 as always

Janka is my favourite, after seeing him training during the summer,

Janka, Reich, Svindal

For the Womens

Vonn, Riesch, buggered if I could figure a third but probably an Austrian.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fattes13 wrote:

For the Womens

Vonn, Riesch, buggered if I could figure a third but probably an Austrian.

probably Gutt
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kooky wrote:
Lara Gut, she´s red hot

Lara Gut ftw
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CEM, Meet her during the summer and she rememberd me form last year! So either I am really hot or Really ugly think it might be the 2nd one!

Very hard while getting the wedding tour of a hotel form the events co ordinator with your Fiancee and you keep on bumping into Gutt and the rest of the swiss womens team in their Gym gear Twisted Evil
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hopefully one to watch will be Marine Gauthier. Last season she progressed into the French team. 2010 Junior World Champion SG. 2090 Junior World Champion DH.

Marine lives in the same block as ourseleves and last season very proudly progressed from a Tigne Club de Sport jacket to a French Team jacket.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hoping Cuche will do the business this season in the downhill. Always seems like a top bloke whenever he's interviewed.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm going to take Aksel in the men's this year. Vonn for the ladies with Riesch nipping at her heels. I think Lara Gut will need to show consistency which she did not have two years ago. She had the tendency to reach the podium one week and then she would finish way off the pace the next week.
snow report
Good start for the Germans...
snow report
stewart woodward, saw Marine after the race. I don't think she was actually racing today as I can't find her name of the start list. A very nice girl she was amazingly patient with the kids, giving autographs and photos out to anyone who asked. Unlike Maria Riesch who belted through the crowd not giving out anything to the kids. Very happy to see Victoria Rebensburg win her first World Cup race to go with her Olympic medal from Vancouver. She is a former Junior World Champion in GS (2009)

I was surprised by how sloppily some of the Austrian girls skied (I wish I could ski that sloppily though wink ) and Lindsey Vonn looked very pedestrian on her second run from where we were watching. I think the real races will start in North America. Mind you, the steep part of that run is very, very steep and it was in beautiful condition, so when a lot of them were late in their turns they ended up having to put on the brakes on in places. Carrying the speed off the steep across to the very flat finish was the make or break for most of them.

I'm hoping that Benni Raich has a good season and finally wins a few as well as being "Mr Consistent".
latest report
Ok a bit late for predictions since races are over... or at least one run of men race is over. Wink
Lindsey will do good for overall, and she will most likely be unbeatable again in speed events, while GS and SL are not her discipline anymore. She didn't do much in SL and GS last year, and Saturday's race is just showing similar trend also for this season. But she is pretty much only real contender for overall globe. Maria Riesch had great season last year, and to be honest, I doubt she can repeat it in such extend to be threat for Lindsey in overall standing.
Raich with men is probably most versatile skier on tour, but somehow I don't consider him as favorite in any of disciplines. He has good chances of winning overall title, but I don't consider him as winner in any of disciplines. In my mind, I don't see him as winner of any of races this season.
With development of skiing, where good DH/SG skier can be really competitive also in GS, I would count Janka, Cuche and Svindal followed by Raich as main contenders for globe.
Nicest, and definitely biggest thing in Soelden was comeback of Kalle. Considering I'm working for Finnish agency, I had some more contacts with him and rest of team during last week, and it was really great to have him back. He's great person, and there's always fun when he's around. Even though I was a bit skeptic about his successful comeback, I was hoping for all best, and it felt really good when he finished 11th. And with some more confidence gained by great 1st run, I'm pretty sure, he would gain another spot or two in second run, so his goal of finishing in top 10 would be actually possible.
ski holidays
So, where were you all re J B Grange.......... no mention of him in the predictions...
My early tip for the overall is with A L Svindal. taking a steady , measured start to the season. Lot of racing still to come and with the fallers in Levi and no result from Soelden the season proper hasn't really started yet for the guys.

Girls? Hmmm trickt to bet against M Reisch..... Still early days though!
JC
snow report
jcjc, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=68960

You a racer???? If so ,keep up wink
snow conditions
I'd wager we don't see J B Grange at 11:1 again this season Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy