Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva airport to Grenoble train station

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am off to La Grave again this season and and am considering flying via Geneva. I have tried various routes over the past five years using Grenoble and Lyon, together with coach transfers, shared taxis and car hire sharing so I think I am familiar with most of those options.

I am considering Geneva because I can get a Swiss flight from Heathrow and as I live in Richmond I can get to Heathrow easily, plus the fact that I will not have to pay for ski carriage.

I have tried exploring various websites so can someone clarify the following:

It appears that from Geneva airport I need to get a local train to the centre of Geneva to pick up the French rail service. It seems that these trains are frequent. Am I correct and if so is it possible to book tickets online and what is the cost?

I assume that I can book online for the Geneva to Grenoble train journey but it would help is anyone has any ideas of the best deals and what the cost might be.

From Grenoble I will take the coach from just outside the train station to La Grave.

Any information will be appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My friend comes over often, flies BA from Heathrow to Lyon.

Train to Geneva centre runs every 10-15 minutes or so, takes 10 mins. From Geneva there are fairly regular direct trains to Grenoble. You can book online at http://www.voyages-sncf.com/, the trip takes two to two and a half hours and costs about 50€ return.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

Trains from Geneva airport to the centre of Geneva are free too which is always a plus - just pick a ticket up in the airport - there's a machine in the baggage arrival area.

Heather
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snow and Sunshine, that's useful thanks, I'm flying into Geneva next month and heading into town for a few hours.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't prat around with the train (which will probably be on strike or broken), get the bus directly from the airport to Grenoble bus station.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof, you're such a miserable git. I've done the trip by train several times, was fine. Nice views of the Lac du Bourget as well.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, it's the train back where you have to remember to get on the correct end of the train or else end up in Annecy that you need to watch out for (at least when i did it ages ago) Embarassed
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno, never spotted that - either it no longer pertains or I was just lucky! Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, i didn't spot it until i was in Annecy Confused
this was about 8 years ago so it will probably have changed
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy