Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VAL D'ISERE - 2 - 9 Jan 2011 - 2 rooms - Chalet Bivouac - about £430 per person

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have booked the above chalet and due to a family dropping out have 2 en suite rooms we would like to fill. The chalet is only 40m away from the Solaise piste so is virtually ski in/out.

Currently we are 2 families - 4 adults plus 3 girls ( aged 9 , 11 and 15) in 3 rooms. The 2 rooms available are a twin with a mezzanine level with two beds ( which I think would be best for up to 3 kids or 2 adults ) and a twin ( on floor below ) .

Please note; the stairs leading to the mezzanine are steep and open and are therefore not suitable for young children.

The cost is dependant on total numbers and includes cooked breakfast , afternoon tea and 3 course dinner with wine and coffee for 6 days , and ski guiding ( 5 days , for red run skiers ). Travel , ski passes , lessons , ski hire is additional.

Ideally we would like to share with another family with 2 or 3 kids aged 8 and upwards. We would like everyone to eat together ie incl our kids rather than separate meal times for kids and adults. Also 2 of our kids are vegetarians so no problem if you are too .

Please PM me if interested - and if you Google " chalet bivouac val d'isere " you will find pictures , floor plans and further details.

Cheers all

John
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Travel , ski passes , lessons , ski hire is additional.

Just for clarity, John - do you mean "Travel , ski passes , lessons and ski hire are additional." ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry, yes .

Jon
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi
Have been looking at Bivouac for next year (yes early I know but ski blues tend to last until I have booked again for the next year).
Please can you let me know what the chalet was like, mainly - exactly how close the slopes is it really for ski in AND ski out - our kids are still under ten and any trudging in ski boots carrying skis causes moans beyond belief. We stayed in Chalet Chalouis in La Tania this year and the on piste location was superb - I think it has set our group's expectations very high for next chalet so another good reason to start the hunt early.
Also - that living room area on the lower ground floor - has it windows??? What's it like - comfy & social enough?
Are the beds comfy? Enough warm water?
Food - the real low down.
Hosts - a good laugh / tolerant & helpful / just mediocre / or decline to comment (that bad?).
Final question (sorry) - I have heard Val D'isere not so good for beginners - we'll have a second weeker adult with us - are the return slopes to Chalet so steep. He is a gutsy beginner.
Oh yeah - any ski instructor / ski school recommendations for the kids?
Any information gratefully received, I'm a stickler for detail, so no pointer too minor.
Thanks so much. Really, so so much.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SwishWithMe, it used to be with Finlays and their page about it is: http://www.finlayski.com/valdisere_chalets/chalet_bivouac.htm
The chalet is close to the nursery slopes. There is one row of buildings between the road and the slopes. There are several 'gaps' between the buildings to get from slopes to chalet. The bottom of the Savonette button lift is only a short walk from the chalet. This drag is very gentle, it it free and it is frequently the first lift used by novice skiers. Savonette also provides a way of accessing the main lifts up the mountain.

The chalet is not ski-in-ski-out. On a good day you could ski through one of the gaps I mentioned and then across the road to the chalet front door. However, skiing on the roads is frowned upon by the authorities, also they often put grit on the snow covered roads so you skis may make horrible grinding noises. I stayed in a nearby chalet and frequently skied to the road and walked across it carrying my skis. In the mornings, walk 40m then ski (walking or poleing) on the flat for 50m. Alternatively walk on the road for just a little further.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I assume you mean Jan 2012?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
no, I think John's orignal post was Sept 10 so he's been there already, hence I'm asking was his views on Chalet Bivoua. Geddit?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy