Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Ski & Snowboard Camp December

Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if anyone else has booked for Tignes Ski & Snowboard camp 6 - 9 December? Went last year in October and had a blast, but limited snow, so decided to wait until the end the camp when all of Tignes should be open, so its the 5 of us back again. Little known gem but outstansting value.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skeg289, I'm going on the 6th, a good few others are going later on that week too. I can't find the thread on it now though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=64020
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skeg289, Added you to the list in the other thread.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Jonm. We flyout from Gatwick, major pain as last year Luton was great times but flight schedule change means trip around M25. Look forward to eeting youy and your party. Went last year in October half term - great early ski. Hope this time for the fresh powder that arrived the day after we left. Regards Mick
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Skeg289, I'm just the opposite, Gatwick last 2 years but this year Luton worked out really well.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skeg289, see you on the 6th Dec! I'll be flying from Liverpool or Manchester - must get it booked!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jonm, Shocked get a move on mate!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Geneva airport it is then on 6th December, with hopefully early pickup and loads of snow!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skeg289, you'd have been there at the same time as us then.
Snow cover was so poor in October last year I believe they closed a few of the glacier runs shortly after we left. Hoping for better this year as we're doing it again in October!

Not long now Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi has anyone been out in Nov - looking to go around the 17th for 3 days not sure if snow would be good enough then? also does anyone have any info on flights fro m the midlands area at this time, most flights seem to be from gatwick any suggestions please would be much appreciated
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
debski, I'm flying from Luton to Geneva in October and December, a bit closer.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
milky wrote:
Skeg289, you'd have been there at the same time as us then.
Snow cover was so poor in October last year I believe they closed a few of the glacier runs shortly after we left. Hoping for better this year as we're doing it again in October!

Not long now Smile
Hi Milky - Hope the snow comes early - awesome experience would have booked again for the half term but have been in tignes before at start of December good snow, and clear slopes plus booked to accommodate Ged's 40th Birthday!! Have a great time and give us an update. Mick R
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well I'm going at October half term (1st time) and mid December (3rd time) so I'm hoping for good conditions in both those weeks.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
debski wrote:
Hi has anyone been out in Nov - looking to go around the 17th for 3 days not sure if snow would be good enough then? also does anyone have any info on flights fro m the midlands area at this time, most flights seem to be from gatwick any suggestions please would be much appreciated
Hi, we went out late October last year, and enjoyed it. Needed a dump of snow which unfortuately arrived the day after we left. Would look at previous year average snow fall but would think go for it. Would think you would still be only able to offically ski at the top, but saying that my son's managed to ski down the mountain with only a 30m walk and the snow machines should have been working overtime. Check conditins on the Tignes wemcam always makes me smile!!. Awesome value, top kit, quality food, and a warm friendly enviornment. Try Luton airport Easyjet - straight down the A1 and turnoff. Regards Mick
ski holidays
The conditions this weekend just gone were awesome!! Very good sign for the season snowHead
snow report
debski, We went 5th November last year and the conditions were great - could ski down to bottom of furnicular - other lower down runs would have been skiable but they were closed as the season hadn't truly started. We are going on the 18th Nov and hoping that a few more runs will be open. Hopefully the 2 blues that were shut last year (I believe the wind had blown over the relevant lifts) will also be open.
Zwee.
ski holidays
jonm wrote:
Skeg289, see you on the 6th Dec! I'll be flying from Liverpool or Manchester - must get it booked!

me and 2 others flying from Manchester on the 6th. see you there
snow report
Zwee wrote:
debski, We went 5th November last year and the conditions were great - could ski down to bottom of furnicular - other lower down runs would have been skiable but they were closed as the season hadn't truly started. We are going on the 18th Nov and hoping that a few more runs will be open. Hopefully the 2 blues that were shut last year (I believe the wind had blown over the relevant lifts) will also be open.
Zwee.

Hi,
How was ths now camp any probelms with boots as just checked the website and boot available but not for testing but great list for ski and snowboards? How was Tignes, good snow or hard ice? Is the hotel the hot tub working? Family getting excited as 6th Dec almost here.
snow report
Skeg289 wrote:
Hi, How was ths now camp any probelms with boots as just checked the website and boot available but not for testing but great list for ski and snowboards? How was Tignes, good snow or hard ice? Is the hotel the hot tub working? Family getting excited as 6th Dec almost here.

Quite a few more runs open than last year - the 2 blue rosslins on the glacier, 3 Reds - Face, Dahu, Double M which between them link from top to bottom of funicular, most reds on glacier and a blue at the bottom. The black descente was shut but plenty of people using it!

Loads of lovely soft stuff - a few odd patches of ice.

Hot tub working - was a bit chilly if you weren't the first users of the evening - Sauna excellent - just remember to ask them to turn it on early enough.

Personally didn't think the breakfasts were as good as last year and some of the staff not as attentive as previous (but it would be hard to live up to Lynsey & Roger's standards).

Tim the equipment guy was excellent - really interested in all the kit and encouraging people to try new things. Plenty of boots to use and easy enough to swap if not comfy.

If you are eating up the mountain we found 12:45 the best time to go as most of the squads had been and gone by then.

Look out for the dancing marmotte Smile
snow report
I heard Lyndsey was leaving but was Roger not there either?
snow report
He was there last month when I went.
snow report
I believe Roger had an accident in one of the minibuses so has been off for a couple of weeks. He was around just not working.
ski holidays
Hmm, wonder if they have any jobs going? I'm fed up with Corporate Bullsh*t Sad
latest report
jonm, Do you remember Bill from a couple of years ago - he was a punter from the year before and they gave him a job!
snow report
jonm, if you get a job will we get a few drinks on the house!!!

If so I'll write you a reference Laughing

On the serious side of things, you will work more than you ski . It's a lot harder than it looks.

Two weeks today...........
ski holidays
bfg, True, I recall Bill being rather knackered but he was a bit older than jonm and he didn;lt have as much free time as he'd hoped.

15 sleeps Very Happy
latest report
I like Rog a lot, glad he's still there. Great bloke.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, was he the guy from Cheltenham who drove the minibus? If so yes, I remember him.

bfg, I'm working a lot more than I ski now! In fact I'm working more than I do pretty much anything else!

13 sleeps only! Toofy Grin
snow report
Returned today. Quite a bit of new snow as it's been snowing for 2 days. Snow cover on the glacier and down to val claret is generally good. Visibilty has bee poor though and today the lift from the top of the funicular to top of glacier was closed (when I was there anyway).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy