Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soll - January 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Speedfreak, snow depths have dropped a bit since I was there last week, but the webcams still show a universal white covering and the SkiWelt region is very good at piste preparation. Don't panic too much.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for that Link Samberger Sue!

Still over three and a half weeks for me so not terribly worried yet but hoping things pick up in the near future.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks shoneyman, just what I was looking for! now i'm just crossing my fingers and praying to the snow gods from now until 5th March!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
heidiky, hi, maybe you can help me? I'm flying into salzburg from stanstead on sun jan 23rd (approx 3pm) and was wondering what is the best way to get to soll? I'm travelling on my own as rest of the group is arriving on the saturday. Is there a direct bus to soll or close by or is the best option the train to Wörgl? Maybe someone else on the forum is booking a taxi/minibus and needs someone to fill a seat? Any help is appreciated!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chairman, take the train to Kufstein and then the bus or a taxi up to Söll It is as quick and probably cheaper in the long run. Don't go as far as Wörgl as the buses and taxis rides will cost more due to the greater distance.

This site gives you all the times and prices: http://www.oebb.at/en/

Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
Chairman, take the train to Kufstein and then the bus or a taxi up to Söll It is as quick and probably cheaper in the long run. Don't go as far as Wörgl as the buses and taxis rides will cost more due to the greater distance.

This site gives you all the times and prices: http://www.oebb.at/en/

Toofy Grin

Great. Thanks very much for your help!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rebelski wrote:
!

Still over three and a half weeks for me so not terribly worried yet but hoping things pick up in the near future.

Potentially going the same date as you rebelski, went last year and loved it.....Leaving the booking til the last minute re;weather, but got an email this morning indicating the warm temperatures may not start dropping back to normal until toward the end of next week....!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hi ,report from soll,returned on sat from a very wet soll,stayed at thelodge mounty, ok chalet,20 mins walk.to gondola 10 mins walk pubs .food very good,snow when arrived very good even though it had not snowed for a fortnight temps warm bit they looked after pistes very well skied the whole area which is a good intermidate area, soll is not a hard area to ski but good for pounding the miles we did 350 k in 5 days and would have done over400 if on thursday it had not bounced down for over 24 hours so we had a day off and went to salzburg ,wish had skied in the rain,personaly for complete beginers ithink they are better areas in the ski welt .overall we had a great time ,any questions you hve i will tryand answer Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just wondering if people can give me the best options for booking ski's/boots and lift pass in Soll? Booked with travel agent last time but we reckon there must be better value getting them in Soll itself.
Where are the best spots? Daves? Snow & Fun?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rebelski wrote:
Just wondering if people can give me the best options for booking ski's/boots and lift pass in Soll? Booked with travel agent last time but we reckon there must be better value getting them in Soll itself.
Where are the best spots? Daves? Snow & Fun?

I got my skis from Snow&Fun last year (although booked through one of the online bulk discount crowds...skiset maybe or the other one, can't remember the name) anyway, excellent gear and service in snow and fun, they allowed me to pick the specific skis I wanted with no additional charge for upgrade.......I know Edinger Sports (up at the gondola) is very good and has the heated ski lockers but was considerably more expensive as far as I remember, they told me ''we can't be the best and also the cheapest''. I got the pass from the rep as was no difference in cost.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This slightly off topic but does anyone know anywhere in Soll that will be showing the NFL next Sunday night???
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chairman, probably the ghastly Sports Bar next to the Red Horse.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chairman, Defo go to kufstein! Not too pricey and the trains actually run on time unlike the UK. Taxi from kufstein i think is around €15 or buses are frequent.

Rebelski, Daves have great equipment, smaller shop but wicked staff. Snow and fun are good too - you should be able to get discount codes online or you can barter in store Smile other shops are ok but those 2 are best! Ski lockers (more like a valet service) up at edingers and stoll, about €20 a week i think. Anything else i can help you with ask away!

Interested in guiding / private coaching get in touch Smile

Heidi.
www.skiheidi.com
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rebelski, forgot to say - lift pass is same price everywhere may only be cheaper by a euro or 2 from travel agent!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi all, We're off to Soll again this year (staying at the fabulous Eggerwirt).

Despite skiing there 4-5 times, I've never been able to find a nice route to the Scheffau side and back...any tips?

Getting there isn't so bad...round to the left of the Hohe Salve (via lift 43 round to lift 7 and onwards), but coming back always seems such a hassle. We've gone back on the reds from lift 2, and didn't enjoy that much, so usually negotiate the slush on the Hopfgarten side, before taking the lift upto Rigi. Neither are great though!

Surely there has to be a better way of getting back to Soll with tired legs at the end of the day?!

Any ideas?
snow conditions
Christina, Taxi! If there's a few of you then it'll only cost €1 or €2 each Smile there's a shortcut through the trees to avoid having to get on the siller (chair with orange cover) but they are the only 2 ways back to Soll really.

Heidi.
www.skiheidi.com
ski holidays
heidiky wrote:
Christina, Taxi! If there's a few of you then it'll only cost €1 or €2 each Smile there's a shortcut through the trees to avoid having to get on the siller (chair with orange cover) but they are the only 2 ways back to Soll really.

Heidi.
www.skiheidi.com

Hey Heidi.....

Well I bit the bullet today and booked Soll for three of us from Feb 5th, I was there last year too. One of our group may be looking for lessons so I'll make sure he contacts you if he decides he needs to...His first morning will tell all!!
ski holidays
Ben Dover, Sounds good Mr. Dover!!! Just drop me a line if you need anything, also do guiding in the region. Snowed during the night and it's on and off now, be nice and topped up for you!

Heidi.
www.skiheidi.com
snow conditions
heidiky wrote:
Ben Dover, Sounds good Mr. Dover!!! Just drop me a line if you need anything, also do guiding in the region. Snowed during the night and it's on and off now, be nice and topped up for you!

Heidi.
www.skiheidi.com

Excellent news....I covered a lot of KM's last year there so know my way around the slopes although there were times when it was getting to 3pm and I was turning the piste map upside down and back again to figure out the next stretch to get back to Soll !

I will definitely be in touch should our least experienced lad need a confidence booster.... Smile
latest report
Great to see some fresh snow around the region, fingers crossed for plenty more.
snow report
RRebelski, Edingers at the gondola for rental and ski garage.
ski holidays
Been skiing powder today in Westendorf, bring on more snow!!

www.skiheidi.com
snow report
heidiky wrote:
Been skiing powder today in Westendorf, bring on more snow!!

www.skiheidi.com

Fantastic!!!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
The Webcams are certainly looking much better this weekend than they did early in the week. Hopefully the good conditions continue now for the next few weeks, my countdown is well and truly on Very Happy
snow conditions
Quote:

I know it's early October, but I just can't help visiting this site every day

Speedfreak, Careful. That's how Gary Glitter started! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Remember to let us know how you got on in Soell.
ski holidays
Quote:

Speedfreak, Careful. That's how Gary Glitter started!

LMAO!

Got back from Soll on Saturday. All in all a pretty enjoyable week but we did have a couple of set backs - my wife and one of my daughters came down with tummy bugs (on different days) so we missed a couple of days skiing. Still, as they say, "**** happens!"

Sunday 16th was our first day skiing. It was a beautiful day with blue skies and lots of sunshine. Spent the day with the kids on the lower nursery slopes. Never too busy (especially when the schools break for lunch) and the kids had a ball. Took the gondola up to the mid station for a change of scenery and some lunch, but didn't bother taking the next gondola up to the top station - really should have - rest of week was generally cloudy so we missed our one and only chance to get some great photos from 1829m.

Lower slopes were in pretty good condition, although a bit icy at times. Nice snow fall towards the end of the week was very welcome. Never managed to go to far afield (wife in bed ill and me looking after two beginners), but the runs we did from the mid station were really enjoyable.

A very friendly place with beautiful scenery and a great bunch of folks working hard each night to ensure the pistes were as good as possible for the following day. I was initially concerned just before we left to go to Soll as it reported only 20 cm on the lower slopes. No need to worry - this was plenty!

More snow is forecast so if you're heading to Soll anytime soon you should have a great time!
snow report
Hope they have all recovered well Speedfreak!
I take it skiing conditions improved considerably in the second half of the week?
Looking forward to my first plate of Grostl now Smile
ski holidays
Rebelski, It started snowing last wednesday and has been on and off since! Snowed a lot in the past couple of days, knee deep powder and pistes are in great shape now Smile oh, and it's still snowing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does the ski pass cover night skiing for the skiwelt or is this extra?
ski holidays
Rebelski, We're not going until 9 March and I'd forgotten about the Grostl until now, so thanks for that Very Happy

Speadfreak, looks like you had a great time - did you need blue 40 down to Soll? Did you get over to Ellmau? We're going there instead of Soll - I'm not so sure now!
latest report
flymoll wrote:
Does the ski pass cover night skiing for the skiwelt or is this extra?

No it's not included on your pass. Can't remember how much extra it is but it's listed on the resort website. I really enjoyed it and was certainly worth the extra even if you can only do one night.
snow conditions
heidiky wrote:
Rebelski, It started snowing last wednesday and has been on and off since! Snowed a lot in the past couple of days, knee deep powder and pistes are in great shape now Smile oh, and it's still snowing

Thanks Heidi, just over a week to go now and I can't take my eyes off the webcams Smile
snow report
Thanks Dave had a look but could not see anything roll on tomorrow
latest report
http://www.nachtski.at/index.php?id=113#page_114

Here you go. Also check my video of the night run on you tube
latest report
Rebelski, Snow is still great, better get to the Almfried for that plate of Grostl! Best on the mountain in there Smile
snow conditions
Just a quick one about the ski shops in Soll - how do they compare price-wise with back home?

e.g. looking to get boots and was let down by a fitter this Friday, and so damn busy with work that difficult to get near one before I go in a couple of weeks.

typical price was approx £150 to £200 for a reasonable set of boots for somebody who currently goes 1 week per year (may ramp that up a bit...).

ANybody got any ideas??

thanks,

Pete
ski holidays
efcbluepete, They're pricey! If you can get sorted back home then go for it - otherwise you'll pay a little bit extra out here. Other option would be to buy some ex-rentals (some decent ones about) Was there any boots in particular you were looking at? Then I can have a quick look in the shops on my way to work tomorrow for you Smile
ski holidays
Looking like an unwanted rise in temperatures next week,
http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/tirol/soell-skiwelt

Hopefully that won't be the case
ski holidays
Rebelski, ouch! I am out there on the 5th for about 4 days so am quite concerned by that.

Soll experts - should we be super worried? I really dont fancy icy then slush but thats how its sounding.

Where should one head from Soll if conditions are like that? (to ski/bus to within the Ski Welt please, smart a**es NehNeh )
snow report
heidiky wrote:
Rebelski, Snow is still great, better get to the Almfried for that plate of Grostl! Best on the mountain in there Smile

Hi Heidiky, where is the Almfried?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy