Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski trip near Geneva or Munich for 5 days

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for a ski resort near Geneva or Munich, transfers less that 2.5 hrs and not too expensive, hotel walking distance to ski lift , large ski area, good apre ski, suitable for 5 day trip in Feb/Mar, I am currently looking at Morzine or Kitzbuhel, and alot of the hotels are already booked up, I normally go to Chamonix but looking for a change this season ….look forward to you suggestions, Stephen:-)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The ski world is your oyster if you are prepared to travel up to 2.5 hours.

Val Thorens and the 3 Valleys are 2.25 hours from Geneva on a good run and there are dozens of places nearer than those.

Megeve/Combloux/St Gervais would be on my (nearer to Geneva) list and you could stay at Sallanches. there is a cheap Ibis hotel there and it's about a 20 minute drive to the skiing.

Then there's the whole of the Portes du Soleil, Les Carroz, Flaine, Le Grand Bornand, La Clusaz and the list goes on.... all about an hour from Geneva.

Or Swiss resorts like Verbier, Les Diablerets, Gstaad, the Val D'Anniviers (Zinal, Grimentz and several excellent small resorts).

And then there's Munich!

I'd recommend the Ziller Valley (Mayrhofen or Zell am Ziller) - where you should be able to turn up and find digs without any problem. We've managed to do so during peak holiday weeks. Mayrhofen is top of the list for apres ski and a fantastic, massive ski area. Very Happy Very Happy

Or you could ski several resorts in Germany, such as Mittenwald, Garmisch, Oberaudorf or Berchtesgaden.

Spoilt for choice really! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads puravida, snowHead

As Bergmeister says, within 2.5 hrs of those airports there's tons of stuff. Too much to list really.
Convenience-wise Les Carroz and Flaine are very near Geneva - an hour maybe?
Garmisch is very close to Munich and should keep U entertained for 5 days.

As for large ski area and Apres, Meribel fits the bill and is easily within 2.5hrs of GVA. It's a tad closer than Val Thorens as VT is so far up the hill, it's a good 20-30mins more from Moutiers to VT than to Meribel.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

and alot of the hotels are already booked up

Peak holiday time for France, so you are unlikely to be able at this stage to book a hotel somewhere like Megeve (highly recommended but pricey) for less than the full Sat/Sat week. You might need either to look at one of the other countries or wait till the last minute and hope that a desperate hotelier might sell you less than a week. But any hotel in a French ski resort which is both within walking distance of the lifts and desperate for clients in late February/early March is likely to be on its last legs and supremely missable.

Welcome to Snowheads. snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Meribel fits the bill and is easily within 2.5hrs of GVA

Agreed. We can drive to val Thorens from Geneva in about 2 hours and 10 minutes. Meribel should take a bit less wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for you comments, I am considering Avoriaz because its ski in, ski out and quick tranfer. But Mayrhofen, Zell am Ziller and 3 valleys area would great option for a longer stay option....cheers Little Angel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I like Avoriaz, nice variety of character in the areas, and would be a completely different experience to Chamonix. I am also one of the very few who genuinely like the architecture though Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What about Vallandry? Links to Les Arcs and Paradiski area. Hucksterslodge have several lodges, which are right on the piste, a better location can not be found, it really is doorstep skiing, with a great bar next door and excellent skiing for all levels.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
firebug,I've always liked the snow there, especially off season during the weekday ; however....
Quote:

I am also one of the very few who genuinely like the architecture though
but I've always though the place would be better if the resort were burnt down and rebuilt. Is firebug a friendly mask for a secret pyromanic need Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy