Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switzerland calling

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
trains are expensive and get the wrong one, very slow and very busy and dirty..but averaged out its a great system and comes into its own when it comes to going to more remote or smaller places as there has been no Dr Beeching to kill off uneconomic lines. Saying that since getting a car the other week I've not been on the trains once.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RichA, Well perhaps in the French sector the trains are not so great but I've always found them excellent in the German speaking areas, as for dirty I don't think I've ever seen a particularly dirty Swiss train expecially when compared to UK ones

I'd be the first to admit that Swiss trains are rarely fast compared to British ones let alone the French TGV or German ICE trains but I've never managed to get on the wrong train there, hell you can even get a printout of a personalised timetable from the ticket office or online that usually gives platform numbers, try getting that in the UK Laughing

As for late, the last couple of times I've travelled by train in the UK they were 15mins and 40 mins late and not even an appology from the train company, 5 mins by comparrison is nothing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
everyone on the train going to Geneva was given a Taxi voucher !!!

happens here too, I've been taxied back from London to Peterborough before.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
garyscott20, well done!! Vevey's gorgeous.

We've been through the process (we live in Geneve), ping me a PM if you have specific questions!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name, thanks. I am pretty sure I will be sending a PM to you soon.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I can definitely recommend the half price railcard, its 150CHF but you'll save that in no time if you use the train regularly.....but even better working for Nestle you get one for free!!! It should give the details in the handbook when you arrive.

Likewise I'll recommend englishforum.ch and glocals.com, and buy a copy of 'Know-it-all bible' when you come over for useful addresses and contacts for anything you and the family need.

We live in Nyon, halfway between Lausanne and Geneva and the whole region is an amazing place to live. From Nyon its about an hour by car to Les Gets, Chamonix, Megeve, etc, and about the same round to Villars and Champery, Verbier about 75 minutes. From Vevey you can add 30 minutes to that for the French resorts, but deduct 30 minutes for the Swiss ones.

Like the other offers above, please ask for any help any time.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf - agree completely about the timetables - had 3 of the swiss pass cards in the last 3 summers and printed out timetables to take with us. Only once was the platform number incorrect! I just love the fact that the bus station is normally right next to the train station - so simple but just connects all the public transport together.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colin B wrote:
Quote:

I think slighty differenlty.

In Switzerland the controllers know the situation come around well in advance & give out the taxi vouchers before the train gets to its stop point.

There is no need to make a claim, everything is smooth a flawless.

I,ve used Swiss trains on a regular weekly basis for over 10 yrs and there is no other country in Europe that matches there overall efficiency & customer service.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I must disagree with papasmurf. I've taken lots of trains and often had them cleaned while I've been on them. Do they ever clean UK trains? Half price card is great value and covers buses, trains and boats.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin B wrote:
Quote:

Was it first capital connect?

That's where our pay rise went to Mad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitters, thanks for that. I will read the handbook carefully. I am sure to take up the offers for help the closer the move comes and then whilst we are settling down.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
welshskier wrote:
I must disagree with papasmurf. I've taken lots of trains and often had them cleaned while I've been on them. Do they ever clean UK trains? Half price card is great value and covers buses, trains and boats.

and some lifts (funiculars) Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Swiss train network is amazing and its a pleasure to take a journey on them !
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
garyscott20, basis, abap, functional or BI ?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy